What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

east coast growers thread

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Its almost embarassing to for me to post with all those amazing flowers and photos above, (working out a new cam today), everythings looked so so good.
Heres about week 6+ of 9+ 15 gallons recycled soil.

That's nothing to be embarrassed about. Those plants look really nice. What strains(s)?

That's nothing to be embarrassed about. Those plants look really nice. What strains(s)?
Thanks guys, those are the blueberry spoke of earlier, its only bueberry by name, lemon, chalk, antique funiture better discribe the flavor. Its obnoxiously leafy if you dont stay on top of it, but its my everyday. I appreciate you checking them out.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran

:yeahthats Rusty .... :tiphat:

& it looks like Hova's running the Dawg pound over there !!!! :biggrin:

i tell ya what guys , i didn't realize how many strains had found its way here to the east side , ALOT more than i could ever imagine !!!

:smoke out:

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Great looking work Hova.I like all your Top Dawg ladies:dance013:
On a side not I have StArdawg Guava x Apollo11f3 testers running in the moment.https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314774

Its almost embarassing to for me to post with all those amazing flowers and photos above, (working out a new cam today), everythings looked so so good.
Heres about week 6+ of 9+ 15 gallons recycled soil.

She looks Jurassic Rusty.Thanks for sharing your work.:)

Ph Bodhi gear is some of the best tasting meds I ever smoked. once I get in a groove I plan on getting anything I can of his and just enjoy the trips and flavors

praxis1

Awesome pictures everyone! Hello, first time poster and fellow East Coaster. I'm from Maine aka the sunshine state lol Where the men are men and the women are too : ( Just thought I would post a couple pics of two strains I'm testing out. I'm not great with a camera. My apologies in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20151108_181833953.jpg
    IMG_20151108_181833953.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20151108_181819549 (2).jpg
    IMG_20151108_181819549 (2).jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20150929_192629872 (1).jpg
    IMG_20150929_192629872 (1).jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 10

BCSticky

Hello to all of you fellow east coasters here. Im up in the sticky state Maine no pics but running some indoor organic soils under some decent 400 and 600 MH
I've got some gg#4 crossed with some kailsi MCD some goblin god crossed with kailsi NYC cuts and a cut of kailsi

HOVA

Veteran
Just wanted to give a little verbal update to go with them pics. That Corey Stardawg is some of the most rotten smelling chemmy herb I have grown. It grows a lot like the GG#4. Also roots easily, and fast like the GG#4. IMO they are perfect running mates.

I haven't even smoked it yet, and it already has the #2 spot in my list of favorite plants to grow. If I could only keep 2 strains out of the 16 or so mothers I have, it would be Corey ad GG#4.

The OGKB 2.0 is some awesome smelling herb too though. The buds smell exactly like the buds I was given earlier this summer. Dense as fuck, and super sugar coated. Perfect plant for low ceilings, as like Chunky has said, she doesn't stretch hardly at all in flower.

If any of you's get offered the KAK Jack cut, don't sleep on it. Seriously dank smelling herb. For me the smell is super unique, and once I touch it, or brush against it, it's hard to smell anything else. Can't wait to smoke some and see if I can do as good a job with it as Chunky.

i swear when i read posts like this i almost shit my pampers from the excitement of having those in my shack
DTOG your grow looks flawes
nice bud size great resin coat and no burns
how does the smells compare between the glue and corey?

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
i swear when i read posts like this i almost shit my pampers from the excitement of having those in my shack
DTOG your grow looks flawes
nice bud size great resin coat and no burns
how does the smells compare between the glue and corey?

Thanks bro! Grow is far from flawless though. I have been having like 20 degree differences between day and nighttime temps. For me low feeds are the key to nice looking buds.

They look nice, but I thought I had the fungus gnats beat, but alas they have reared their ugly heads again, and I know that's effecting bud size.

I only use a 1/4 teaspoon of feed per gallon of water. Jack's Classic Bloom Booster(10-30-20). Then this cycle I started using a dry, water in fert from Fox Farms, their Fruit and Flower fertilizer it's called. It's loaded with all kinds of nutrients, including Ca, and Mg. Plus it has benny's ( I use great white myco's as well). I hit the Corey with the HF FFF, at week 5, and it look like it worked well.

The next batch that's at 3 weeks, I already started the dry fert, and the plants are loving it. I give plain water to them for at least 2 watering's after I apply the dry fert. It does say however on the website that it can be used in conjunction with water soluble ferts, so I'm gonna try that with some of the heavier feeders.

The Glue has a smell and taste all it's own. It's a sharp chemmy smell, and I can smell the Sour Dubb in her. So sour chemmy smelling. I don't usually get the chocolate/mocha from her because I prefer to pull at 8 weeks. The Corey, is straight up rotten chem funk. I can only compare her to the Deadhead OG cut I used to run(got two cuts I'm rooting, hopefully I get to have her again). The smell is intoxicating for me. The DeadHead can be best described as rotten chemmy garbage. They both have that greasy resin profile, I love so much. When the Corey comes down I will be able to give a better description.

Last edited:

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Hey Double
Low feeding,You are speaking my language.I find it harder latly to deal with uncanny warm day temps.
I just switched all fox farm soil out of my tent and guess what,No more knats.
I do have a method to keep there population down.I use a Iron with a steam setting.
I then steam the top soil and it Nukes them little bastards.It feels good doing it too.:biggrin:

I changed my soil and worm castings to a company out of NH called Ideal Organix.
http://idealorganix.com/
Best soil and worm castings I have use to date.Payed 16dollors for 20lb WC and 12bucks for simple mix 1.5 cu and 17bucks for there emended soil.
Nice garden center find.

soserthc1

Dtog get gnatrol its the only product I use which I can say actually works on eliminating fungus knats. It's pricey but last a long time. If infestation is heavy use 5.5 grams per gal then 2.3 grams next two feed/ h20 add yellow traps for the adults and in 2 weeks fungus knat free. Then don't slip up and hit it again in 2 months or so. I'm getting a few here and there now after 6 months free
And I'm gonna have to agree with the ff soil carrying gnats or at least in my case. I also stopped using it awhile ago. I don't know if its the distance its gotta travel or what but promix has always been bug free to me. Wish I could say that about clones but I learned that lesson the hard way

PS east coasters if your not adding a 325 mg aspirin to your h20 or rez ( per gal) give it a shot plants love it

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Wow everyone!, I didn't realize a lot of you guys were on the East Coast! Will represent RI with some pics later!

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
PS east coasters if your not adding a 325 mg aspirin to your h20 or rez ( per gal) give it a shot plants love it

But what about the microherd ? I use Great White , and another type of myco's. I tried doing some research this morning and couldn't find anything about using asprin while using benny's.

Even though I use Jack's, I still see unbelievable root structure when I up-pot. Super bright white, and fuzzy. So the myco's must be working.

But what about the microherd ? I use Great White , and another type of myco's. I tried doing some research this morning and couldn't find anything about using asprin while using benny's.

Even though I use Jack's, I still see unbelievable root structure when I up-pot. Super bright white, and fuzzy. So the myco's must be working.

IME in soil the aspirin works better as a stand alone product in water. i brew og biowar teas 1-2 x's a week. my veg watering schedule goes like this pH'd aspirin water -> ogbiowar teas -> aspirin water -> og biowar tea and so on. ive never encountered any type problem when using the 2 two. in actuality my plnats have never looked better in veg.

Cannavore

Veteran
Aspirin contains salicylicic acid which is a powerful compound for plants as well as a rooting hormone. I use aloe vera, it contains the SA and other good stuff.

A phenolic compound, together with cytokinins, auxins, gibberellins, ethylene and abscisic acid, salicylic acid plays a role in plant growth and development, photosynthesis and nitrogen metabolism, albeit these processes are not well-understood.

The compound also helps plants deal with environmental stresses such as extreme or sudden cold, drought, salinity, poor diet, heat and even heavy metals. This is done, at least in part, by the salicylic acid inducing different gene expressions within the plant; for example, in times of high temperatures, salicylic acid in some plants will induce gene expressions necessary to encode chaperone, a heat shock protein.

Salicylic acid is also key to some plants’ resistance to pathogens. When attacked by a microbe, the salicylic acid levels in these plants’ infected areas increase and help mediate the accumulation of pathogenesis related proteins that help the plant fight the invader.