What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

trying out the + Speed

marijuana

I bought some seeds and decided to try and squeeze in some AF's this season and looked for the fastest maturing plants and came up with the + Speed. They will hopefully finish by sometime in September along with the fading light so I am going to give it a shot and hope the weather is nice!

Any tips with this strain or particulars I should know about before I commit to the grow would be greatly appreciated :tiphat:

I have never grown any Sweet Seeds so I can't wait to see what lies ahead! I hope the lessening light at the end of the summer does not screw me but otherwise its all organic and should make a good pairing with some Blue Streak babies.

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Hello my friend and welcome to the Sweet Seeds subforum, here at ICMag :tiphat:

For what you told us I think you're going to grow them outdoors and that you are going to germinate the seeds in the next few days, right?

If you germinate them soon, like in the next 10 days and if you have good summer weather in the place you live, than the + Speed will be ready yet in August.

I don't have any advice for + Speed that I wouldn't have for the other autos from the Sweet Seeds catalog. Best 2 advices are:

1 - Don't stick right into the final pot. You'll get much better results in every way if you start with a small pot, like a half litre pot and then, at between day 15 and day 20 since germination, stick them in the final pots. Final pots for autos in outdoor should be of at least 11 litres (I think 2 gallons, more or less), but the way to go is to flower them in 15 or 20 litre pots;

2 - Do everything to avoid having the soil always moist. Between every watering be sure that the soil dries completely. Roots need to get oxygen and if they are wet for several days in a row the plant will grow slower and may have problems due to the risk of root rott.

Besides that, if you use this thread to keep us updated I will try and help you out with further doubts you'll eventually have while growing them... So keep passing by my friend, all good to you + Speed girls ;)

Sweet smokes! :peppermintstick:

tommy

marijuana

Thanks Tommy I really can't wait to get started you guys will get a kick out of my tree setup haha swamps are hard territory! I will deffenitily stage my pot size and stagger my watering but what do you recommend for soil and nutes, I'm going all organic so I'll probably pick up some stuff from the farm but there's a grow store near me now if you have any commercial recommendations! I will deff keep updating once I get up and running and thanks for the help

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi again my friend!

Well, I don't know if growshops where you live have the same products that I get from spanish growshops, but if you can get the same products here you have my personal suggestions for an organic grow:

1 - Best soil in my opinion is Bio Plus from Canna;

2 - Best blooming liquid fertilizer in my opinion is BioFlores from Canna;

3 - Best bio flower stimulator in my opinion is TopMax from BioBizz;

4 - You can also add to the soil mix 20% of worm humus and 1% of bat guano in powder form. I also use liquid guano a couple of times during flowering.

If you use the soil I mention and you add the worm humus and the bat guano power than you almost don't need to use liquid ferts or stimulators. Autoflowering strains have a short life cycle and so the soil will have nutrients available for them for the whole cycle. Maybe you would end up only using BioFlores 2 times, TopMax 3 times and the liquid guano 1 or 2 times. So they are not a must as long as you have a good soil mix.

Good luck with them my friend, keep passing by, sweet smokes! :tiphat:

tommy

marijuana

Thanks a lot for all the info Tommy! I really cannot wait to get them above ground and going and the feeding tips are perfect I was wondering about the specifics and this will help, its been a couple years since I did some AF's and I can remember how sensitive they are!

marijuana

Hey they are living up to their name already! haha no problem cracking and sprouting a little tap root in under 36 hours!

I decided on using Neptune's Harvest fish and seaweed liquid fert which is 2-3-1 for veg feeding for the fist couple weeks after sprouting to bulk and than fox farm liquid big bloom @ .01-.3-.7 to be used in combination in the early weeks to feed from sexing and than just flushing with water and a little molasses or fruit juice to add finishing sugars. I also chose the Fox Farms soil with the hummus, bat guano, worm casting, and seaweed so i do not have to mess with feeding while it is early and small in the first few weeks. What do you think? I'm trying to go real light and I'm going to get them nice and established in small pots before I start counting my chickens before they hatch! haha

On a lesser note, one of four Blue Streak sprouted so far and in my experience I always get a bunch of males with this strain so maybe a +speed X blue streak seed run of autos but not sure if i want to go that route yet :chin:

I will have some photos as soon as there is some tangible green! cannot wait :canabis:

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the update my friend!

Yes, I totally agree with you, best way to go is getting them a good organic soil, rich in nutrients and avoid the liquid fertilizers as long as possible. Then if you feed them with liquid ferts try to give them low dosis and don't forget that they are really fast flowering so sometimes you can have difficulties in cleaning them in the end, so stop feeding at mid flowering and do a flush...

When I work with autos I transplant them to the final pot with new rich organic soil at around day 15 and then they feed themselves from what is available in the soil at least till day 35. So if you consider that the flush should be done at day 50, you only have 15 days to use nutrients... and so sometimes I only feed them once or twice... hehe ;)

Keep passing by, sweet smokes!

tommy

marijuana

Bummer! two out of three are doing beautifully and have some nice leaves for it being about a week but one germinated, sprouted a nice white taproot, and than just stopped! I finally decided to carefully dig it up and found the seed still had a nice little taproot but did not sprout leaves, no clue what happened but now only two +speeds. I guess more attention to the others!

Latest posts

Latest posts