What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Benefits of Vertical Growing

Iamnumber

Great read, Thank you everyone for contribution!!

Special thanks for the 'downsides of vertical growing' section. Downsides must be acknowledged. Without this it is a sales pitch / propaganda. Also when downsides are listed, we can start on minimizing the negative effects.

Now.. on first post regarding shades (reflectors)..
" even THE BEST shades will offer AT BEST 60% of bulb capacity "

Any research on this?

perismoke

I would love to get some opinions on using two 315CMH bulbs vertically stacked...bottom one facing up and how far apart they should be? (4 x 4 tent, Kiss, 3.5gal Perlite Hempys,vegged
Tangie x Strawberry till 20 inches high with super cropping and 6-8 nodes for the light to hit)

That will work fine you could probably stack 3 in there. You would benefit a lot more from a vertical scrog otherwise dealing with the plants becomes a pain growing into lights etc

perismoke

Toastie...Im going to put two 315 Hortilux cmh in there...about 10 inches apart vertically stacked....should be a lot of PAR for the Tangie...
Still will need to reduce the lard on the "dark side" of the plant

Since you're in hempys maybe you could turn the plants every day if you're going to be in there? Another possibility would be some 1x2 steel screen attached to the pots like a tomato cage so you could train them flat. A huge advantage of vertical growing is the complete lack of larf if you can get the branches where you need them

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'd trim out the backsides instead of rotating, most peeps crushing vert don't rotate plant sbut rather trim them up to have a canopy side facing the lights

I know you know your shit avanish.miles

Maybe turning is a bad idea but if you can pull every branch through a vertical scrog attached to pot or otherwise you will yield a lot more than just trimming the dark side