What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Posting Pics in a thread?

acidblue

Ok this use to be real easy now it's not.
When ever i try to post a pic into a thread it just posts a url link, even when i click the 'insert' link.
I've read the sticky's on drag and dropping pics from an album or the old gallery. but all i get is a url link.
Could someone please explain on how to do this.
I want to put a pic into my thread not a url link.
oh and why o why would you take somthing so simple and make it difficult??

I N Hail

Growing Grower AKA Wasted Rock Ranger
Veteran
In the Insert Photos and Image window
top right drop down box click on "Original Only"

CoonLover

go to my ic, select pictures and albums, select or create folder, upload photos, click on save. When the pictures appear, click on the one you want and when it enlarges, right click and select view image. When the pictures appears cut and paste the web address and then use the insert image and it will appear large and not small..

MyAssIsGrass

?_?
Veteran
The text area where you are dragging & dropping your pictures into should be green and not white

You have to click the 'Post Reply' button (top left) and not 'Go Advanced'

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
The question is most excellent mod chaps...............why did you take something simple, that worked like a charm, and make it a bloody quest? I can not fucking do it, gave up trying after the fifth time, too much stress. In all other things, I give you chaps a bong salute. It is too hard for an old stoner, I can invent stuff that works, but your picture path is greek to me. We are stoned, aren't you?
H

Skip

Veteran
The question is most excellent mod chaps...............why did you take something simple, that worked like a charm, and make it a bloody quest? I can not fucking do it, gave up trying after the fifth time, too much stress. In all other things, I give you chaps a bong salute. It is too hard for an old stoner, I can invent stuff that works, but your picture path is greek to me. We are stoned, aren't you?
H
What are you talking about? The drag and drop method or the Insert method? If you can't do the insert method, please describe exactly what problem you encounter, otherwise there is nothing I can do for you.

What picture path? There is none when you do the insert method. Are you following my instructions in the link above or are you complaining about the old method that I've advised ppl to not do. There are SO MANY FREAKING WAYS to post an image here, I'm sure something will work for everyone, IF YOU LISTEN TO WHAT I SAY AND NOT WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING... Got it?