What's new

Bogglegum.....A Photo Essay On Ripening

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Here are photo's of 3 seperate bud's of Bogglegum, all from the same plant, taken @ day 49 & 52 respectively.

Notice how each bud has changed color in only 3 day's time. At day 49 they had only been flushed for 6 or 7 day's, so they still had a some of starch & sugar's saved up in their leaves.

Fast forward to day 52, and you can see a noticable difference in leaf color. The bud's have started to use up the the last remaining starch & sugar's in its leaves, turning yellow & spotty, showing sign's of nute deficiency.

:smoweed:

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice.
Getting growers to understand the imortance of flushing and starch/sugar removal BEFORE harvest is very important. Without an understanding of starch and how it affects the quality of the smoke, we're just shooting in the dark, hoping it comes out right.

It's also important for folks to know that, like potatoes, pot plants store their starches in the roots at night. This is why the buds should be harvested after a dark period - to get the starches out of the buds and stored in the roots. If we harvest in the am, before lights come on, those starches get trapped in the roots, not in your smoke.

Starch sucks!

G

Beautiful pictures! But does anyone care to explain a bit more elaborately?

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
One more thing about when to harvest. Always give her the chop immediately after a dark period. Trich's get bigger, fatter & ripen more @ night. Therefore, in the morning when they wake up, is the best harvest time, before they get hammered again....... :bat: ........ by the light.

:smoweed:

natefrog

i am struck by the frosting!........to me it seems
that they add considerable trichs also.........extending the carpet further down the leaves.......phenomenal....perhaps more of us should use our digicams for research.......i know i will........................nf

Last edited: