What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tere, tere from Estonia!

MkkDdd

The authoritarian mentality and control of Soviet society morphed most conveniently into this NATO buffer state c/w '9/11', the 'War on Terror' and the '(new-and-improved) Threat of Russian Aggression', so seeds can't be delivered by post here due to confiscation and/or subsequent surveillance. (See 'Sensi Seeds' map (https://sensiseeds.com/faq/country.asp) and zoom in on European buffer states.)

The relevant thread I've found about legality is: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=263716 "...all cannabis seeds are 100% legal in Finland. The only thing that makes them illegal is "a suspicion that they're ment for an intent to commit a drug related crime" (= they find some gear for growing). It is true that sometimes packages containing seeds just disappear but ~99% make it without any suspiction."
<snip>
"No harm will come to the person who helps you if he/she isn't breaking the law in any way."

The question here is, 'Are there any shops in Helsinki where seeds are sold, e.g. as souvenirs, like they used to be in some shops in the UK?' We (father and son) are going to be staying in Helsinki for a couple of days at the end of August and would really like to meet up with some like-minded folk (old and young) while we're there. Ideally, we would find an airB&B where we could have a package from Sensi Seeds delivered before we arrive. We, of course, have no intention of committing a 'drug-related crime'. Although I have good reason to grow and use cannabis for medical reasons (both multiple sclerosis (now secondary progressive) and glaucoma) we are well aware of its legal status. We want seeds for souvenir reasons only: so that our children and their children may hold them in their hands and marvel at history, 'Once upon a time, your (great-)grandfather was compelled to go to extreme lengths to acquire these very seeds!'; something like homosexuals now marvel at the persecution of Oscar Wilde (Google it).

Unfortunately, I don't have fifty posts on this forum, although I've been a member for many years, so it offers no way to get a private message to us; and any attempt to publish personally identifiable information, like an e-mail address, on an open forum thread is subject to moderation (deletion). I've appealed to a Moderator for exceptional access to private messaging to no avail. Perhaps an appeal to contact us directly from a more senior and active IC community member might be more successful? Any comments, suggestions, etc. might be helpful and duly appreciated.

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
No legal seed shops in Finland, tho some private citizens do sell seeds on the internets. 50 posts-rule stands, no way of getting around it.. If they make an exception for you, then why not for everyone? I don't necessarily agree with the rule, but i understand it, as there have been some shady characters and dealings in the past.

On ordering seeds to a AirBnB apartment, probly could be done, but if u'r staying just for a couple of days, make sure whatever seedbank/store you use, will send em on time. Day too early or day too late, well, that will blow your whole plan up :) Good luck, sorry i can't be of more help, dude.

MkkDdd

Thanks to Macho Man

Thanks to Macho Man

No legal seed shops in Finland, tho some private citizens do sell seeds on the internets.
Yes, I thought that might be the case. Internet sales no good to us – no way to recieve an order (as described).

50 posts-rule stands, no way of getting around it.. If they make an exception for you, then why not for everyone?
Because not everyone has a good reason which they can explain?

I don't necessarily agree with the rule, but i understand it, as there have been some shady characters and dealings in the past.
And there's no point bumping this up the chain somehow, to see if a consensus among Administrators/Moderators might be reached to make an exception?

On ordering seeds to a AirBnB apartment, probly could be done, but if u'r staying just for a couple of days, make sure whatever seedbank/store you use, will send em on time. Day too early or day too late, well, that will blow your whole plan up :)
Yes, that's the danger: a wasted journey depleting limited resources; hence the plan: find the right (airB&B) host in advance.

Good luck, sorry i can't be of more help, dude.
Thanks! Hey, not to worry, Macho Man! You have actually been as helpful as you can without sticking your neck out, which I wouldn't want you to do: your reply has given me the opportunity to get some more detail into this post, which might be enough to draw someone else in who might be able to do something more which in turn might draw someone else in, etc. which might be enough. So, thanks for the reply!

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Aye, usually everyone has a good reason which they can explain :)
You've been a member here for what, 7 years, and u managed 8 posts hehe ;) Get to posting, 50 ain't that much. Just don't turbopost, cause that's not cool man.

What's the worst that can happen if Estonian customs intercept your seeds? I've sent seeds to Estonia in the past with no problems. I can understand being a bit paranoid about it tho, don't want a visit from the god damned cops or anything like that. Makes you feel like you got raped if someone comes to your house uninvited and starts searching thru your stuff, especially if it's just for growing some weed, let alone for seeds. Unfortunately such is the world we live in, maybe it will change some day :)

MkkDdd

Aye, usually everyone has a good reason which they can explain :)
You've been a member here for what, 7 years, and u managed 8 posts hehe ;) Get to posting, 50 ain't that much. Just don't turbopost, cause that's not cool man.
No, it's not worth the risk.

What's the worst that can happen if Estonian customs intercept your seeds?
You go to prison, your wife loses her job, you both lose parental rights and the kids go into foster homes.

I've sent seeds to Estonia in the past with no problems.
No, the problems would not be yours.

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
No, it's not worth the risk.

You go to prison, your wife loses her job, you both lose parental rights and the kids go into foster homes.

No, the problems would not be yours.

I meant the ppl i've sent seeds to,have received em with no problems, but i guess it only takes one failure to fuck up your whole thing.

I didn't know the law was so rough on weed and/or seeds over there. I had a Finnish friend of a friend growing there, his neighbour ratted him out. He spent some time in custody and then was deported back to Finland. And was not allowed to return to Estonia. Ended up selling his house for like half the money it was worth, just wanted to rescue something from a shitty situation.

I can see why you want to take it safe, not worth losing everything over some seeds.. Messed up how they treat tokers and smokers and growers :(

Well, i hope you get something worked out with them seeds and things, good luck with that.

You could try to set up a Poste Restante in the Finnish post. The way it works is you order something to the post office you want to pick your packet from. Say the main post office in central Helsinki would be like

"your name"
POSTE RESTANTE
00100 Helsinki

They hold packets for 14 days, i think you could get away with ordering the seeds from home, traveling to Finland, setting up the poste restante, and waiting for the packet.. If you order well in advance tho, and haven't set up the account, i don't know if they will keep the packet. Used to be u could use whatever name for the account, if u wanted to be called Nahkhiirmees, that was cool. But these days it only works with your given name. And again, not sure if it works for foreigners, but it's worth looking into..

MkkDdd

I meant the ppl i've sent seeds to,have received em with no problems, but i guess it only takes one failure to fuck up your whole thing.
Yes, I'm sure they're allowed through to selected people, to many people, with no problem (until it's time to give you a problem). I'm very fortunate because I have a history of them being intercepted, so I know exactly how closely the situation is monitored. It's a long story, which I won't bore you with here, but suffice it so say that every keystroke you make, every URL you visit, every move you make, every breath you take is carefully monitored and recorded. Snowden wasn't kidding. This is particularly true and obvious in Estonia.

Now, I don't want to go off-topic and digress into politics here, doing both of which would transgress this forum's rules. To avoid accusations of conspiracy theory, I'll just give you a couple of links and let you draw your own conclusions: 1) https://www.bbc.com/news/39655415 for current (April 2017) background; 2) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooperative_Cyber_Defence_Centre_of_Excellence illustrates some results of 1; 3) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_Data_Center is why Snowden is still in Moscow. Of particular interest in 3: "...in April 2013 an NSA spokesperson said, "Many unfounded allegations have been made about the planned activities of the Utah Data Center, ... one of the biggest misconceptions about NSA is that we are unlawfully listening in on, or reading emails of, U.S. citizens. This is simply not the case."" The first question, I think, you need to ask yourself is, 'Do I believe the NSA spokesperson?'; then the obvious question that follows is, 'Might they be storing information about illegal activity to control people?'; then, of course – and why all of this isn't really off-topic or purely political – the question is, 'If I'm not careful and do something which makes whoever is watching believe they can't, or think they shouldn't, ignore it, might I be subject to control by the use of stored information that could hurt me?' You can scoff, snigger and laugh, but if you've spent a long time building a strong, healthy family, which could so easily be destroyed a by a State Prosecutor with a hard-on for stoners and an anal-retentive Judge who likes the Prosecutor's hard-on, you could be in big trouble. If you've got history, as I have, you've got to ask yourself how you can fend off a Prosecutor's hard-on: is it going to make the Judge happy when s/he says, 'You knew perfectly well, but you did it anyway.' That's why I'm not going to make any more posts here than absolutely necessary: if you are arrested your computers will be seized, so the Prosecutor can say they know where you've been online because they've got it from your hard drive. (And don't be naive enough to believe you might be clever enough to hide your tracks.) The more posts you've got like this one, the harder it's going to be for a Judge to like you.

I didn't know the law was so rough on weed and/or seeds over there. I had a Finnish friend of a friend growing there, his neighbour ratted him out. He spent some time in custody and then was deported back to Finland. And was not allowed to return to Estonia. Ended up selling his house for like half the money it was worth, just wanted to rescue something from a shitty situation.
I thought you said you weren't aware of problems (with seeds here)? He wasn't married and didn't have kids here, then? Lucky for him!

Again, I don't want to get political or anything, but Snowden really wasn't kidding: it's not just Estonia. This is the way it works everywhere. It's just so clear here because of the history (above) and the way NATO uses its member (buffer) states (to control).

I can see why you want to take it safe, not worth losing everything over some seeds.. Messed up how they treat tokers and smokers and growers :(
Yes, well, there's nothing new about that. It's all about control.

Well, i hope you get something worked out with them seeds and things, good luck with that.
Thanks!

You could try to set up a Poste Restante in the Finnish post. The way it works is you order something to the post office you want to pick your packet from. Say the main post office in central Helsinki would be like

"your name"
POSTE RESTANTE
00100 Helsinki

They hold packets for 14 days, i think you could get away with ordering the seeds from home, traveling to Finland, setting up the poste restante, and waiting for the packet.. If you order well in advance tho, and haven't set up the account, i don't know if they will keep the packet. Used to be u could use whatever name for the account, if u wanted to be called Nahkhiirmees, that was cool. But these days it only works with your given name. And again, not sure if it works for foreigners, but it's worth looking into..
Yes, that's a good idea. I'll look into it. Yes, I believe that might work: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poste_restante#Finland, https://www.posti.fi/private/customer-service/mail-delivery.html#. Sensi Seeds won't post to P.O. boxes, but I don't know if they'll do 'poste restante'. I'll ask them.

MkkDdd

Well, I'm pretty sure I'll never get to 50 posts, considering this is my 11th in 7 1/2 years. Under the circumstances, I think I might slip under the wire by saying my e-mail address is the same as my IC user name at Gmail (dot com).

M

metsäkana

i think i would travel to amsterdam and travelback the seeds in my ass to estonia

MkkDdd

i think i would travel to amsterdam and travelback the seeds in my ass to estonia
Yes, I've done that before. Unfortunately, it's just too expensive right now (for me to justify such expenditure on selfish ends). My son said he'd like to visit Finland some time ago (never been before), so I thought we could make it work for both of us without making his sisters too jealous or their mother too annoyed about the expenditure. It's a balancing act, and I still haven't ruled out the NL. I've got ten days or so, maybe a couple of weeks, before some conclusive decisions need to be made. I'm working on it.

Latest posts

Latest posts