What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fake rhizotonic? Help needed.

cflauto

Hello fellow icmaggers, it's been a bloody long time since my last post. But I think I have a problem.

I ordered some canna rhizotonic from a flea bay store I have used before. It came a few days later, and had leaked a small amount due to poor packaging. Was offered a 10% refund and that was that.

But I noticed the label was slightly different to my older bottle and the image was very easy to scratch off. *See pic
It may be easier to scratch off due to the leak and being covered in the contents.

I also noticed that it was smelling more fishy the usual.

Has anyone noticed any fake rhizotonic going around? Any way to test/spot a fake?

Thanks In advance for your help.

Should I just throw it in the bin and order another from somewhere else?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
never heard of fake canna nutes, bottle looks normal to me. its supposed to smell fishy.

use some on 1 plant and wait and see if you are really worried.

Gramse

Leaked you said? That should not be possible, it's sealed under the cap. Or wasn't yours sealed? And like gaiusmarius says the bottle looks normal.

cflauto

The seals looked intact when I opened it to decant into an empty bottle. But definitely some had leaked and had saturated the outside of the bottle in transit.

I know it usually smells fishy, but this is way more then usual. As I have been using rizo for a while now.

I'm gonna try some on 1 of my ladies to see if they is any negative effect.

Thanks for the quick advice.

N

NewAgeGenetics

new designed bottle with that english flag... interesting but probably not fake.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Dutch laws changed so i guess they make it in uk now. they are going after all canna specific grow equipment sellers for a while now in netherlands.

cflauto

Thanks fellow growers.

I'm still looking out for anything abnormal with the single lady I gave some to. It's only been a day so not expecting anything yet.

But the more I read the more relived I feel

I think I may have to give some more back to this community. I'll do a diary with my current set up. I have certainly moved on since my last posts. Thanks again

Rondon

Rhizotonic smells like someone pissed on a rotting fish...put it in a hobo boot and left it in a hot trash can in the full sun in July.

hazyfontazy

Veteran
Rhizotonic smells like someone pissed on a rotting fish...put it in a hobo boot and left it in a hot trash can in the full sun in July.

it don't smell no where near as bad as when it first came out ,it used to make me throw up,they have seriously watered it down..

wilkos liquid seaweed tonic £4 a litre is just as good :tiphat:

clearheaded

sometimes they pick up items super cheap from when semi s crash and the contents are a right off and then are auctioned very very cheaply. which means otherbottles could of been broken adn spilled on it. If there was a pin hole and was its leaking and exposed to atmosphere it could have gone bad ie rancid. I guess only way to know is if ur rez gets rancid fast or looks like getting root rot from using it... best thing is to never use bottled nutes ever again there is better cheaper more enviro friendly options easily available.

Rondon

Growing indoors the way we do is so environmentallly friendly. Not!!! The last thing the planet is worried about is whether the fertilizer is organic or not. Trust me.

Latest posts

Latest posts