What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

P91 info

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
as spicoli pointed out, the flush did it. she must have a bit of a genetic predisposition to color up as she will do this early in flower unless you feed her heavy. my bro didnt have the nutes 100% dialed in during this grow. it was not only first run with her, but he had just switched to the organics. it was such a fine example of this strain! actually the finest p i have smoked as we have not had time to run her again until now. i cant remember if i grew her or not....no, this is my first run, and i certainly dont have her dialed in yet. but still daaaaaank

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those pics are killa subrob your bro knows his stuff...

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Just got a confirmed cutting of this lady! And the source told me she gets real vibrant colors on her just like the pics I am staring at! Very excited about it and the Bullrider cut she came with as well! Doing it big and pretty as always Sub!

S

Sir_Nugget

just came up on a p-91 clone.. will be mothering it out.. whats the flowering period on her?

rafe

P91 x PD

P91 x PD

I just finished a cross of the P91 x PD. It had some very thick buds, not a lot of trichs but the smoke was nice and mellow and a nice high. Thanks to the people who share their seeds. And remember if someone shares with you pass it on. Peace

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran
just came up on a p-91 clone.. will be mothering it out.. whats the flowering period on her?

anyone have the info on this... it seems that the cuts are popping up here and there. Thinking of adding her to the stable (hopefully, you know how clone labeling can be) I would love to know the flowering time, yield, ect. She sure as shit looks good. And its a tribute to the Poway boys :joint:

wspcolorado

The stuff of legends..

Growing up in So cal, trips to San Diego were that much sweeter when I found out about P91. I however thought it was Powerplant X G13

Either way, the smoke was amazing, I head the strain was taken off the market by the DEA as the THC % was much higher then anything at the time. Mant bust went down within a small circle of kids in San Diego..

Has it made it to stores in CALI

Blunted1

There is no NL in P91

There is no NL in P91

This text is cut from a post on another web page started by APE. The original posters name is DaddyofthePfamily:

the skunk #1 we used was a stabilized, homgonenized and inbred three way cross consisting of fairly equal parts of 1/3 Indica, 1/3 Thai, and 1/3 Sativa.........that was crossed on an inbred, pure thai.....

So....

P-91 is mostly thai, but would best be classified as a Skunk#1/Thai cross...

No NL....that is for certain....but a lot of people have tried to recreate the p-91....but dont believe it if it doesnt match the brownish/amber, wider than tall shaped nuggets that taste like dirt and smell like leather and make you crap yourself....that is the real truth teller........

Apparently there is another strain started later in Poway by some dudes that used the same name. But the legendary P91 has no NL in it.

ogP91fam

yea...thanks for helping to get the truth out...i really appreciate it. I posted that, and was DaddyofthePfamily...lost that password, now im posting as p91family on weedtracker, if you need anymore info on the strain...i love to talk shop.....

I am SOOOOO tired of this Poway story and the NL stuff. I am a very serious breeder and geneticist and just want true info out there...not BS, and to say that p91 was an NL cross is just wrong...sorry, and not to blame anybody because that story somehow got far and wide.....

let me just cut and paste a couple of the many answers i have given about the origins of p91....i type too much, so there are long and longer versions, but none really short...sorry, very ADHD!

"p91 was my cross...made it in 1991..not from poway (as many think) but up the road an hour in Playa del Rey/Westchester/LAX area.. and not an NL cross. I typed a long history of it..will look for it and repost....long story short...most p91 is not the real deal, as with most legendary strains, expect some counterfeits..lol. When you do get it, you know...tastes like you just chewed on a dirt rock, or an old leather jacket...very dark tasting, very strong high. the strongest i have seen to date, no joke, and i tried/grew most.....

quick background...P-91 comes from a selectively inbred mother that came from SSSC catalog back in 1988...Skunk #1 seeds. The mother was a real nice baby from breeding the SK#1 back on itself....it was being called the Diamond in San Diego circa 1990ish. The father was a pure Thai from a collection that was very rare and definately pure landrace...got lucky on those seeds when the collector started 'tweaking'...(again, no bs and lol 4sure) One seed went male, the other turned into an amazing silver thai female. So, with sk#1 being a indo/thai/sativa cross, and then crossed back on a pure thai strain, the p-91 is a mostly thai hybrid....like nothing else i have ever seen or grown. Will get back with more info if yall want it, but the heavy thai is why it has always been so strong and sleepy.....
Cheers!"

this one is funny...at first, many thought i was lying...interesting irony.

"wow..i got a reputation comment saying im a poser....lol. cool. every time i try to tell about the history of a strain, i get called a liar...anyone know why?
Anyway...i havent had p91 since around 1996 or so. I really don't believe anybody has the original, but unlike some others, i won't pretend to know what i do not. It is so hard to say. It was very protected back then, only family had it. On the Dead tour, we were well known as the p91 family...i can even post some fliers from concert posters i drew way back in 1992 that had lil seeds with p91 hidden on them...wonder how i started this lie way back then. weird why i would want to. anyway, sorry im back off topic, but it is annoying to be called a liar when you are very proud of the work you do. Anyway...about ten people in LA were growing it, and about ten more in north san diego county back in the early 90's. A few folks that got it MIGHT have shared it without anyone else knowing but who knows?? There is one guy who thought he had it but it was a later cross that he had, not the p91. there were several p91 crosses already out by 1992 like eyebleed, psknl (p91xsk#1xnorthern lights), psk (p91xskunk), etc...
I have seen a few things that people called p91 since i lost it, but none were really even close, sad to say.
If anyone does have it, or thinks they do...i would LOVE to know. I would LOVE to find it again.

For the record, i am quite proud of the crosses i am responsible for. I don't need any fame or attention for them, just glad when they are appreciated...but it is annoying to see this poway story keep coming up without a single person having any FIRSTHAND knowledge or names. MY STORY IS FIRSTHAND and can not really be challenged becuase even the guys in Poway that grew it got it from me or one of my 2 partners at the time...either way, they know me and it's history. People who don't know should leave it alone. But then, haters make the world go round. I have smoked 1000s of strains....made several hundred crosses and the SGV and P-Kush are the only things i have ever smoked that came close to p91 in taste and narcotic high. Someone said it was a 7 outta 10 and that trainwreck was better....they FOR SURE did not have REAL p91 or they would have never made that comment (sorry, a lot of bad names EVERYWHERE in the plant world, especially when they can make you xtra $). EVERYONE who smoked the real deal will tell you that it was the best ever, and nobody forgets it. SOrry to have to vent...but the truth does deserve a voice too.....
CHEERS!"

Anyway....the truth is out there....lol, finally

dan_kass

I'll also add that when Mr. Soul was cubing his Princess clone he sent out seeds to certain folks starting with the P50 generation (which very few people got), P75 which I'm pretty sure was sent to Vic High, P88 (or C88 as it was labeled when I received it in '97) and P91 or C91 which was the generation before C99. Just thought I'd add this as I'm sure someone out there was sent these seeds....this was definitely late 90's though.

~DK

ogP91fam

I'll also add that when Mr. Soul was cubing his Princess clone he sent out seeds to certain folks starting with the P50 generation (which very few people got), P75 which I'm pretty sure was sent to Vic High, P88 (or C88 as it was labeled when I received it in '97) and P91 or C91 which was the generation before C99. Just thought I'd add this as I'm sure someone out there was sent these seeds....this was definitely late 90's though.

~DK

interesting also....explains even more. and the confusion compounds...lol. As a plant breeder (other types of plants) by profession, i can say that labeling and naming errors are SOOO common and create so much confusion that it is not at all suprising....i even made a p9 strain on accident once just because i was using the p to signify 'pinkish' seeds and numbered them 1 thru 15 and liked #9 the best. CHanged the name quick when i realized the confusion it would create...but it is easy to do and even easier when your coding uses letters and numbers...there are bound to be repeats, etc. DNA is our only hope! it is coming, as this now seems to be a legit cash crop at least in some locations....so until then...the confusion will continue. Our p91 was great though! ANd everyone in the san diego area or on dead tour who ever tried it still remembers it and the earthy flavor and drop your eyelids high it gave. It was just different...i have not seen anything really like it since. So when i hear crazy stories about bomb ass p91, i just sorta selfishly assume it had to be the one i was smoking too....lol. Really...i have tried most strains out there...even the hard to find ones....and nothing has been better. As good, sure...a few...but none better. Maybe that is just pride, but i doubt it...
Love the princess strains!! they are great!

ogP91fam

did a lil research and got this which was originally posted by Mr. Soul himself....
so i dont think he ever did a p91.....unless you know of more info then he proveded here. It makes sense with the math that he would NOT have a p91 based on how he got the names...starting with 50% and going up.....but hey....like was said, we can't trust everything we read...

Originally Posted by Mr.Soul

Cinderella Story

I've been seeing a lot of posts from people asking for the "Cinderella Story", so here it is:

In 1997, I discovered a few seeds in a bud of Jack Herer I bought @ "Sensi Smile" coffeeshop in Amsterdam while there to buy seeds. I didn't expect much when I grew them, but one of those seeds from the JH bud produced a very special female that I call "Princess".

Therefore Princess' mother was a Jack Herer (IF we can believe what Sensi Smile printed on the package) and her father is a totally unidentified mystery plant.

I also got 2 more females (Genius & Cafe'Girl) & several males from those seeds. I used pollen from one of the males on a heavy-yielding, dense, resinous ShivaSkunk (from Sensi Seedbank) female, then grew the resulting seeds to get males to produce pollen to cross Princess with, beginning the cubing process.

The first generation of seeds from Princess were called P.50 because they were 50% Princess. I used males from the P.50 generation to back-cross to Princess to get P.75 and again back-crossed with the P.75 pollen to get P.88 and again with the P.88 pollen to get P.94 which is "Cinderella 99", a cubed version of Princess.

The name "Cinderella" was chosen because of the parallels between this story and the well-known fairy tale in which Cinderella becomes a Princess despite her humble beginning. It's also VERY similar to the story of the "Morgan Horse"...go Figure!

dan_kass

I stand corrected :) Nice find. Hey, they weren't called The Brothers Grimm for nothin' ;)

I was lucky enough to be gifted TWICE by Mr. Soul, the first was 10 or 15 Cindy 88 and the second time was 10 or 15 Cafe' Girl along with the dirtiest, nastiest.....funkiest rotting meat sample of his Princess. I get a laugh outta people talking about pineapple and grapefruit phenos of C99 because the nugget I tried was not at all fruity....but at least the flavor was somewhat passed on in my Yumbolt x Cafe' Girl....fruity with underlying nastiness...nothing sweet at all about her. I was around when he first posted about finding those seeds ('95 I think on the old Hemp BC board) and remember (albeit slightly) him growing them out and actually using Miracle Grow ferts before switching to Dyna Pro at the behest of others ;) I could never, ever say a bad word about him because he took really good care of me back then so if people what to call him this or that they are surely entitled to but I won't. Still to this day C99 is around in one form or another and to me that says a lot....not bad for someone who was working out of there house/apartment :)

Take Care,
~DK

ogP91fam

You are a lucky soul to be gifted by Mr. Soul. c99 is the taste direction that i like...im not a fan of sweet at all. I like dark, dirty, dank, earthy, nastiness...the more aftertaste the better! So, on that note...i love the discription of your strain...what do you call her? I would love to try it somehow, someday...it sounds perfect. Have you ever tried the p91 that i was talking about? if so, is the taste similar at all? Anyway.....thanks for the sidetrack actually on the princess stuff...some cool info came out of it for me. I love strain history, and i learned alot when i got to looking around.
Cheers!

sandiegograsman

Gotta love the ORIGINAL P-91

Gotta love the ORIGINAL P-91

Alright so I just joined this site cause I was looking for the P an came across this. I gotta say, the P definitely had serious ties to Poway. Yeah, true the original P went down for the most part with that massive bust anyone in the know knows about. The reason there are no details about the kids in Poway is because they don't want there to be; people who were there know, believe me. Some of them are still around and I bet that the original P is too although, for the last 7 years or so there's been this other P which doesn't have ANYTHING on the real deal. The real P-91 was the best herb that I have EVER seen before or since. Fat, almost round nugs with almost a silvery sheen. Usually sold half wet because the demand was so great an it added to the sticky, which I believe a lot of people didn't realize had to do with it's semi-wetness. I had it for awhile when I lived in Sabre Springs long after the big bust went down. A dude I knew had saved a few plants from one of the houses an had it down further south in his apartment. But he wasn't a real grower, he was this crazy chemist kid who was making that oil that was going around from the p way back in the day. Anyone who remembers that knows exactly what I'm talking about. Long story short I had it for a few years starting in about 2002 an kept trying to get one the clones I was making to go too long an push out a flower at the end so I could theoretically pollinate one of the other female p clones. I was thinking that I could capture it back into seed form by doing this since both halves of the dna would be from the same overall plant. As we all know, it would have been female pollen so why not? But I never got it to work an things got hot in general an I had to abort all growing very quickly. I was tied to some of the clubs back then an was supplying a really nice AK (not 47, mine was short an fat) an clones. Then that guy whose name I will not mention sold the cop the brownie for his dog an papers started getting seized so I thought things might be closing in on me so I cut an ran. Wish I had never lost that strain. Been looking for the real deal ever since an never can find it. Find other stuff with claims of it being the P. Even has the smell, not the look though, an growth pattern is completely different. The real P I remember was one of a kind. I don't claim to know the complete P story but I can say for damn sure it had a Poway connection without a doubt an that's accounting for the P imposters that have been around for years. Here's a story about the real P: My buddy an I smoked at my house, he rode his bike a mile or so home, he took a nap, he got up, ate dinner with his family, during which his sister asks him what that is on his T shirt. Nug of the P. The original P was sold almost exclusively by a few people. You could pull up to someone an from 5 feet outside of your car they would smell the nug in the pipe in your back pocket.It didn't like high quality nutrients either, it preferred what I would call harsh conditions with crap fertilizer occasionally. It liked crappy dirt an crappy nutrients. Peace an I hope it's still out there somewhere, I'm currently in the process of trying to track it but so many of the key people from back in the day are mia or dead or in jail or just not messing with anything anymore...sad.

J

JeffSpicoli

i showed my buddy ogp91fam's post, and he says its most likely the truth. And that the Poway P91 that his boys made 'famous' was most likely the psknl (p91xsk#1xnorthern lights)
So the strain that all of us in san diego know as P91 is most likely the PSKNL

He said he was gonna show ogp91fam's post to his buddies and see what they say.

ogP91fam

cool info....and yes....i agree that there is for sure a poway connection. Most of the original growers lived there or close by in del mar, oceanside, vista, etc.... And my two best friends who had it down there are good friends with the poway boys and many of the guys who got busted....they did have p91...they got it from us. That is my only point, that it was not created in Poway and that the confusion came from the fact that so much came from that area, i think someone just made the wrong connection or made it up....but the p stands for peanutty 91, not poway 91 is my point. Yes there is a poway connection....it just wasnt created by the poway boys...they simply made it famoous. It does sound like it is out there..and i agree that everything i have seen so far that says it is p91 is not...but i think from what i hear, that some do have the orignal...i sure hope so, and that i too will have it again soon....gotta run...but nice hearing the stories.....thanks!

Latest posts

Latest posts