What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Boogie's Thread- Where there is smoke ...

HGCC

I have always been curious if I will see dog somewhere out here.

An acquaintance got taken down by bounty hunters. He was a 16 year old 8th grader when I knew him, this was a year or two after, guy had 5 kids by 18, obviously not great at life choices and not sure what the warrants were for. Guessing failure to pay child support. The impregnator was walking down the street with a buddy of mine when 4 dudes ran up and tackled his ass and hauled him off to my dumbfounded buddies amusement and confusion. He thought it was a kidnapping at first, it was good they started yelling they were bounty hunters or whatever.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Probably miller high life considering the particular friends we were with. I generally mostly stick to stouts, porters and occasionally some mead. Except for the occasion where it's better to drink a bunch of clear beer in the sun. Those dark ones don't keep you hydrated enough to drink very many.

I really don't miss drinking. Inferior way to alter your mind if there ever was one.

I've been conditioning a braggot you might like.

As for drinking being an inferior intoxicant, I must say that it depends on your intention.

It's a great social lubricant. It is certainly less desirable than cannabis and can be downright nasty in the wrong hands.

Nothing compares to alcohol when you need to dissolve inhibition.

:2cents:

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I like catching a good buzz then smoke, but I don't like being drunk.

More than half the time I start to get a buzz I end up with a decent to terrible headache later. Hydrating does not seem to help. The only thing that helps is drinking more often. And I'm not interested in maintaining a beer habit to prevent headaches. That's what I have coffee for.

'Boogieman'

Everyone is different, I only experience headaches and hangovers when I drink vodka. Funny story, one night many years ago we mixed vodka and orange juice, now till this day if I drink orange juice I taste vodka.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Everyone is different, I only experience headaches and hangovers when I drink vodka. Funny story, one night many years ago we mixed vodka and orange juice, now till this day if I drink orange juice I taste vodka.
I had a bad experience with vodka lemonade in my 20s. I just turned 50, and I still can't drink lemonade. It's makes me gag every time.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
vodka=russia=communism

clearly a patriotic allergy!:bigeye:

bourbon or whisky=eagle blood= 'murica!

Except whiskey is an Irish invention brought over to the US by immigrants.

Did you know that if the Irish hadn't created whiskey, historic scholars all agree that they would have ruled the world?

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The few braggots I tried I didn't care for. But that don't mean the next one won't be good.

And mdma lowers inhibitions way better than booze.

Mdma has to go through the process of binding to receptors to create the serotonin reaction. Alcohol and nicotine enter cells directly, booze will be more impactful more quickly depending on the amount. Its funny how super legal alcohol and nicotine are yet they are the things that dont require a receptor we naturally have.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Whiskey tastes best poured over nipples.

Everybody knows that.

I drink mine neat, generally.

I'm steering away from pop now that I have discovered jun tea.

I love good bourbon. I had a great glass of EH Taylor the other day that changed my entire mood and outlook on things.

Damn that was good bourbon.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Whiskey tastes best poured over nipples.

Everybody knows that.

I drink mine neat, generally.

I'm steering away from pop now that I have discovered jun tea.

I love good bourbon. I had a great glass of EH Taylor the other day that changed my entire mood and outlook on things.

Damn that was good bourbon.

Good bourbon = good mood

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
picture.php

* as a nipper - we used to go to 'Saturday Morning Pictures' at The Odeon Cinema - and see old comedy stars like WC Fields in various films - he was always my most favourite alcoholic - lol

HGCC

Shoutout to Evan Williams for being such a workhorse, as this seems to now be the speakers corner booze thread.

I'm glad booze infused whipped cream never got super popular. It was the milo yianopolis (spelling?) of drinks.