What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Will Trump get impeached short before he leaves?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
does sedition count as treason?

Sedition is a federal crime that falls short of the offense of treason. While the crime of treason requires action, sedition is any conspiracy to overthrow, put down or to destroy by force the government of the United States.

Cannavore

Veteran
Democrats - "bringing medicare4all to a vote is pointless, its just going to be shot down in the senate."

Also Democrats- "let's waste the rest of this time trying to impeach trump again, instead of helping the American people, only for it to die in the senate"

BlackBart

Veteran
If he gets impeached again he won't be able to run for president ever again .

Time well spent IMO

Amynamous

If he gets impeached again he won't be able to run for president ever again .

Time well spent IMO

Can you explain this further?
Trump was already impeached. But Mitch blocked the trial in the senate. Mitch still controls the senate(at least until the inauguration), so another impeachment in the House changes nothing. I don’t believe there’s anything in the constitution about two impeachments, but i could be wrong.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
He would need to be found guilty in the senate for that to work. He can be impeached 100x by the house. This doesn't mean much. It wont prevent him from running again.

growlegal

Veteran
He would need to be found guilty in the senate for that to work. He can be impeached 100x by the house. This doesn't mean much. It wont prevent him from running again.

It will force the Senators to have a trial and vote on record

Country or Emperor

Gry

Mitch would have to support the impeachment now.
He can still be impeached once the new administration is in place.
A successful conclusion could preclude his ever running again.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
After uprising, what is probably on Congressional minds is having Trump out on Jan 20th. Probably by 25th Amendment or Impeachment will rile up the unstable tribe causing more harm than good.
If WE, the Americans, could vote, it'd probably be 25th, removing the Unhinged leader.

igrowone

Veteran
Mitch would have to support the impeachment now.
He can still be impeached once the new administration is in place.
A successful conclusion could preclude his ever running again.
and this is what is happening now
all on the down low, or as low as it can get
deals are being worked, something is happening or Pelosi wouldn't touch it
trial kicking off and just kind of being there as a sword hanging over Donald's head until the 20th

Gry

and this is what is happening now
all on the down low, or as low as it can get
deals are being worked, something is happening or Pelosi wouldn't touch it
trial kicking off and just kind of being there as a sword hanging over Donald's head until the 20th
I recall in the final days of Nixon, there was basically an agreement that any orders he gave would need to be agreed to by others before being acted upon. I imagine we may have something similar occur in this case.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can you explain this further?
Trump was already impeached. But Mitch blocked the trial in the senate. Mitch still controls the senate(at least until the inauguration), so another impeachment in the House changes nothing. I don’t believe there’s anything in the constitution about two impeachments, but i could be wrong.

Mitch sees the writing on the wall, and will try and retain as much power as he can. He sees that through impeaching Trump now. Before, Trump was a useful idiot and a distraction. Now, he's less than nothing.

Besides, Trump can still be impeached beyond Jan. 20th and barred from ever holding public office ever again.

Not to mention being stripped of SS detail.

Trump is in a world of shit of his own creation.

Latest posts

Latest posts