What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First time grower with SILS on micro grow

Sampas92

Just newbin
The stars

The stars

picture.php

The view from here

Last edited:

Sampas92

Just newbin
"10" days update

"10" days update

So today at day 10 since sprout when i went to spray the soil to moisten up a little i found new growth again, the 3rd node and leaves pair is starting to grow..
Now i see differences everyday, not big differences, but they are there. Its growing, faster or slower it is growing and im happy with that for now.
In general it looks healthy to me, not excessive light or low i think, the colour of the leaves and stalk are a good green, the new growth its pale, but i think its because its new growth, before getting more mature and get the normal green.
But i still think when compared to other folks growing autos that she is a slow grower. I dont know if having a small heigth 10cm and 50cm long have something to do about it, or some other reason that i dont grasp.
Today, the morning was real dry cold and the humidity sink to 55-60% i managed it by moisten the soil a bit.
Some pictures
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

It looks good im colour right?
one thing that i notice
My light array is like this:
0. 0. _ 0. X. X. _ X
0. 0. _ 0 and is turned on like this 0. X. _ 0
The X's are the ones that are on, the _ is the plant and i see the leaves turned to the 2 lights in the midlle..so i know that they will search and turn to the stronger light source if they are more than one and not equal in intensity, BUT may it be an indication that it needs more light at this stage?maybe turn on that is turned off above her?
What tou guys think?
Heres a scale picture taken 10 mnts ago and you can see better the leaves pointing to the left of the picture where the 2 lights are on, not something you see and is obviously there but its noticeable
picture.php

What you guys think?
Again the temps and humity have being maintained, but im running the grow hotter, in gerenal i set it up to 26c, since this lights dont have ir and people see better results with leds like this with a hotter grow. Up on the lighs at the exctract hole the air is comming out at 27 28c, at cannopy is being at 24 25c thats the probe thats right beside her. On the soil the temp ranges from 22 to 23
I guess im on the right track now.
See you later guys :thank you:

Sampas92

Just newbin
Also the second pair are almost the same size as the first one that is damaged in some way, so i guess its normal the slow growth since the newer growth has to put more effort to maintain it itself and growing.

PCBuds

I think she can handle more light.

I thought you fried your first batch with four 800 lumen bulbs, but they were 1521 lumen bulbs.

You are a long way from the 6084 lumens you were using in the first round.

PCBuds

When my window plants were younger, I had the five 800 lumen bulbs running all night and they would stand straight up.
During the day, with the lights off, they would tilt towards the daylight in the window.

I guess they always aim towards the light?

What I don't know, is if they are like a moth into the flame and would aim right into the light even if it was too much for them?

Sampas92

Just newbin
When my window plants were younger, I had the five 800 lumen bulbs running all night and they would stand straight up.
During the day, with the lights off, they would tilt towards the daylight in the window.

I guess they always aim towards the light?

What I don't know, is if they are like a moth into the flame and would aim right into the light even if it was too much for them?

Since they sprouted?at what distance?

PCBuds

Since they sprouted?at what distance?

I don't really remember, I don't pay too much attention to things. Lol

But yeah, ever since they were quite small.
I'm turning the pots around regularly to get them to bend over both ways to try to help toughen them up.

There is a lot more light from the bulbs compared to what's coming through the window, but they still turn towards the window when the lights shut off in the morning.

They are still doing it now, I just turned them again yesterday and are standing straight up now.

I'll see if they lean towards the window today. The lights have been off for a few hours.

Sampas92

Just newbin
I don't really remember, I don't pay too much attention to things. Lol

But yeah, ever since they were quite small.
I'm turning the pots around regularly to get them to bend over both ways to try to help toughen them up.

There is a lot more light from the bulbs compared to what's coming through the window, but they still turn towards the window when the lights shut off in the morning.

They are still doing it now, I just turned them again yesterday and are standing straight up now.

I'll see if they lean towards the window today. The lights have been off for a few hours.
Okay thanks, i guess i should have increased the light as the time goes by, i should know better...
Anyway tomorrow if i see that she streched compared to today i will put 4 lights above her instead of 3..
Yes i have 1521 bulbs, i need to send blynx a pm to see if is any way for me to get an idea of how accurate is my luxapp meter..

PCBuds

Okay thanks, i guess i should have increased the light as the time goes by, i should know better...
Anyway tomorrow if i see that she streched compared to today i will put 4 lights above her instead of 3..
Yes i have 1521 bulbs, i need to send blynx a pm to see if is any way for me to get an idea of how accurate is my luxapp meter..

Keep in mind that I like to use lots of light.

Lots of people say that a single globeless bulb about 8" -12" above the plant is ample for a tiny seedling.

I believe that the plant gets used to more light, but I've always grown with lots of light.

I believe that really dark green leaves means I can give her more.

PCBuds

I grew a photoperiod White Widow a couple of plants ago. (I messed up my order and ordered regular seeds instead of Autoflower).

I didn't even notice that it hermed on me.

I had it harvested, dried, and jarred.
Then my humidity got too high in the jar so I dumped it out to dry out some more and a couple of seeds fell out of the jar.

I'm like WTF??!!

I ended up finding 180 seeds.

It was a feminized seed so I just figured it was a girl and never checked the plant. Lol

With all things considered, and all the dumb things that I've done, it's amazing that I ever ended up with anything to smoke. Lol

Sampas92

Just newbin
I grew a photoperiod White Widow a couple of plants ago. (I messed up my order and ordered regular seeds instead of Autoflower).

I didn't even notice that it hermed on me.

I had it harvested, dried, and jarred.
Then my humidity got too high in the jar so I dumped it out to dry out some more and a couple of seeds fell out of the jar.

I'm like WTF??!!

I ended up finding 180 seeds.

It was a feminized seed so I just figured it was a girl and never checked the plant. Lol

With all things considered, and all the dumb things that I've done, it's amazing that I ever ended up with anything to smoke. Lol
Kkkkk :bump:
So i after a lot oh thinking, i indeed turn on the 4th light above her, and i think that now it is optimal because of this
picture.php

Those leafs are perky, pointing upwards, i think its because it gets more light and she loves it, i dont see any palish green in this 3 hours of the extra light
picture.php

picture.php

Now she is straight up, not pointing left in searxh of light.
Do you guys agree with me that she is better now compared with the image i post earlier?
See ya

Sampas92

Just newbin
So, note to myself in the future,
On the day that she sprouted there must be 2 9w on
On the 2nd 3rd day 3 and on the 4th 4 9w and latter turn on the rest of them.

PCBuds

Those leafs are perky, pointing upwards, i think its because it gets more light and she loves it,

I think she does!!

i dont see any palish green in this 3 hours of the extra light.

It will take longer to show.
Keep an eye on her.

Now she is straight up, not pointing left in searxh of light.
Do you guys agree with me that she is better now compared with the image i post earlier?
See ya

I think that she is better!!

Unless she is like a bug looking for a flame?

Just because she wants it doesn't mean that it is the best thing for her.

It might be like feeding an obese person.

I'd like to think that the plant is smarter than a bug or a fat person though. Lol

PCBuds

I think that when a plant has it's second set of leaves and is ready for nutes, she is also ready for more light.

Crank it up slowly.

PCBuds

I had a friend that grew a bunch of seedlings under low power lighting, then he put them under the HID lights, and the leaves dried up and crumbled.

But then it grew new leaves that were quite happy under the intense lighting and the plants thrived.

Perhaps a slower transition would have helped, but maybe it's like pulling off a band-aid.

Quick and fast and get it over with?

(I think a slower transition is better and more natural.)

Sampas92

Just newbin
I had a friend that grew a bunch of seedlings under low power lighting, then he put them under the HID lights, and the leaves dried up and crumbled.

But then it grew new leaves that were quite happy under the intense lighting and the plants thrived.

Perhaps a slower transition would have helped, but maybe it's like pulling off a band-aid.

Quick and fast and get it over with?

(I think a slower transition is better and more natural.)

From what i read online yes, the harsh transition and the diferent intensity, temperature, ir uv power etc it can cause some shit hapenning but on photoperiod you get by with that, with autos you get low yields..
I was thinking about nutes, during the day and i dont know how i should treat her..from what i read autos dont like alot of nutes and everywhere i read is to let it go until it starts to show anything bad, until the soil deplete itself..from what i read usually 2 weeks to 4 but it depends on some things..
I will just let it go i guess, if there isnt a problem there i think im better not creating one..
Lets see how she performs tomorrow