What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old School White Widow

Cvh

Supermod
No, but I think Hempy might have it (if that chart exists). He and Shanti knew each other personal.
Also both GHS and Shanti agree it's a Brazilian X South Indian. (And Ingmar currently describes it as Mostly Indica).

Cvh

Supermod
Bit convenient that Ingmar makes crosses with a clone supposedly shanti gave him but the crosses date back to before the widow seedline..

Maybe because the strain (seedline) was created before the seeds where being sold.

It would be hard to belief that the first F1 cross was created and a week later they started selling the seeds. It's why it's possible there were cuts going around and crosses with it before the seeds where sold to the general public.

mexweed

Veteran
I've had white widow a few times, isn't the Ingemar cut known for not having much flavor but being really potent

it was bland most of the times I had it maybe a bit of pine, except once it was so loud gassy skunky greasy hashy with a bit of citrus, got so high from it too I literally just had to sit back on the couch for an hour, a bunch of smokers in the circle tapped out early when it kept getting passed, that one time it 100% gave chemdog or sour diesel a run for its money, I mean it was really gnarly weed genuinely connoisseur grade, I know for sure it was from Colorado but not the origin of the seeds or if it was a cut or what

all the other times though it was really bland, the rhino and shark I've had was bland like that too, except the shark tested at something like 26% and put me on my ass even after dabbing all day, I think GHS says shark tests at like 14%

I'm wondering if some of the real crazy keeper phenos come from Shanti's packs, or maybe they were from pre-fem GHS

I would like to know if the ones that seem like duds on flavor are from a specific company or if it's just phenos that come up

bibi40

White widow ...

really great and strong ,
skunk , superskunk , northern light ,citral , k2 ,
and then ....
White widow :bow:

95' to 98's - 2000's ,
she was the queen :groupwave:

today only insipid Amnesia - in Holland and borders

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Cvh do you by any chance have access to shantis breeding chart for the white widow.....I think itl be quite helpful in this discussion.

I did a lot of research on the white widow in the late 90s and it lead me to shantibaba and to CannabisWorld were he had a forum were i finally joined the online community the research did not lead me to Ingemar.

Ingemar was a grower he supplied GHS with flower he was given a clone of the WW to supply flowers of it to GHS along with other lines.

I will bet that Ingemar or Arjan have no clue of any of the plants that went into the WW development and the WW male is what is used in the white family line.

Not all WW seeds flower at 10 weeks some go much longer.

William76

Wasnt the whole point of the widow to have a seriously high resin count in a fast flowering plant,a remember at the time them saying it made the most amount of resin in the quickest time,I dont know about that but the original widow is still as good as anything about,I prefer the slightly more indica phenos but the sat 1s are nice too,i remember a pheno that was medium smelling whilst growing and up till u cut it but the minute u smoked it then the smell would fill the place,strong stone too!,Joey's ww is legit,I'm going to buy another pack or 2,finished the last 2 yrs ago,also kulu seedbank had a good version not long back,76

TheDarkStorm

I did a lot of research on the white widow in the late 90s and it lead me to shantibaba and to CannabisWorld were he had a forum were i finally joined the online community the research did not lead me to Ingemar.

Ingemar was a grower he supplied GHS with flower he was given a clone of the WW to supply flowers of it to GHS along with other lines.

I will bet that Ingemar or Arjan have no clue of any of the plants that went into the WW development and the WW male is what is used in the white family line.

Not all WW seeds flower at 10 weeks some go much longer.

Hempy wats the mother line to white widow....arnt the seeds being sold a back cross to some cup winning clone....an have always been like that....I actually seen all this happen...these strains ive mentioned wer in the coffee shops before any seedline as far as I can remember.....infact these are the old names used for the hybrids I said before the white widow name was being used..im sure they date back to 91-92 times....scot himself says ther was a clone but the cup winners came from his seed plants not the clone.....so this implies ther was a clone outside of the seedline....so how does a clone be from out side of a seedline.....was a straight f1 south indian x Brazilian ever sold. ?
The male that shanti used to make any widow seed sold is a backcross to the clone...its a copy...yes to originally start making the seeds he outcrossed the clone......theres also plenty of elite clones been found without people knowing wat they are as theve found seed or a plants been accidentally pollinated by a unknow...it not unusual....

Moe.Funk

Anyone come across pineapple terps in the WW? I got one female seems like she's starting to develop some. Really hoping it's not a case of cross pollination...

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Hempy wats the mother line to white widow....arnt the seeds being sold a back cross to some cup winning clone....an have always been like that....I actually seen all this happen...these strains ive mentioned wer in the coffee shops before any seedline as far as I can remember.....infact these are the old names used for the hybrids I said before the white widow name was being used..im sure they date back to 91-92 times....scot himself says ther was a clone but the cup winners came from his seed plants not the clone.....so this implies ther was a clone outside of the seedline....so how does a clone be from out side of a seedline.....was a straight f1 south indian x Brazilian ever sold. ?
The male that shanti used to make any widow seed sold is a backcross to the clone...its a copy...yes to originally start making the seeds he outcrossed the clone......theres also plenty of elite clones been found without people knowing wat they are as theve found seed or a plants been accidentally pollinated by a unknow...it not unusual....

Dark i first grew the widow out early 2000s and found 2 keepers and a nice male i saw some very sat plants but the keepers were what i posted.

Then years later shanti gifted me some seed in that seed he gave me were i think 2 unreleased Widow lines one was called white butterfly and that was on the menu of the GHS coffee shop in the 90s.

He also have me seed from the development of the widow first stage so on.

As you can understand i wont post things like names /codes of say the parents that came with them as that is privet.

Like i posted before Franco was posting some smack about Mrnice i polity asked him if he could post and tell us what the widow male was named/ called he had no clue.I told him i knew and i did and he stopped posting.

Now one would think Franco being the GHS breeder after shanti sold up would know what the parent to the white family name was.As the male is what produces shark shock white Rhino so on.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent

This would explain some of the Haze type phenos in MrNice Black Widow. Mystery solved, BW is not the original WW.

rolandomota

Does g13 widow and mango widow use this said male or is that a no nice selection of black widow? The widow crossed is easier to win at auction dirt cheap

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Does g13 widow and mango widow use this said male or is that a no nice selection of black widow? The widow crossed is easier to win at auction dirt cheap

As a guess i would say yes as shanti had posted years ago cant remember if it was at CW but posted saying if you want to use the widow in breeding use a male.

Cvh

Supermod
To all who doubt about the lineage. See both the description on GHS and MrNice websites.
They both agree (now) it's a cross between a Brazilian and a South Indian (hybrid). And not some magical seed that was found in handrubbed hashish.

Also Arjan confirms that Shanti has the original parents, see Arjan his rants about how Shanti 'stole' his own plants when they both split ways. Also GHS has never said MrNice his WW offerings aren't made with the real parents.

Anybody can belief what he wants, even if that's the story of the seeds in handrubbed hashish. But that's not what written in the description on both their websites nor anymore mentioned on Ingmar his WW description. That's just not wanting to read their websites...

Old debate where one of the parties already forfeited and now both agree it's a Brazilian X South Indian (hybrid). And where Ingmar with his magical charas seeds is now quiet. As the story was being told by Shanti ever since.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
To all who doubt about the lineage. See both the description on GHS and MrNice websites.
They both agree (now) it's a cross between a Brazilian and a South Indian (hybrid). And not some magical seed that was found in handrubbed hashish.

Also Arjan confirms that Shanti has the original parents, see Arjan his rants about how Shanti 'stole' his own plants when they both split ways. Also GHS have never said MrNice his WW offerings aren't made with the real parents.

Anybody can belief what he wants, even if that's the story of the seeds in handrubbed hashish. But that's not what written in the description on both their websites nor anymore mentioned on Ingmar his WW description. That's just not wanting to read their websites...

Old debate where one of the parties already forfeited and now both agree it's a Brazilian X South Indian (hybrid). And where Ingmar with his magical charas seeds is now quiet. As the story was being told by Shanti ever since.

Have you grown both version?????

Old WW vs Mrnice BW?

I don't doubt the B x SI, it's more likely Shanti lost a parent and tried replacing it with a new one, just my theory.

Grow the plants they speak for themselves. I heard them loud and clear.

Cvh

Supermod
Glad to know that everybody can agree it's a Brazilian X South Indian (hybrid).

When do you suspect Shanti lost a parent? From around which year have you seen the change in his seeds happen?

Have you grown both version?????

Old WW vs Mrnice BW?

I don't doubt the B x SI, it's more likely Shanti lost a parent and tried replacing it with a new one, just my theory.

Grow the plants they speak for themselves. I heard them loud and clear.

funkyhorse

So you are saying it is a "brazilian"? From what year? 1990?
By that time the first decent ganja landed on brazilian coasts known as Fumo da Lata. Before that there were no brazilian landraces, and brazilian locally grown weed was rubbish, until fumo da lata brazilians would crave for the paraguayan brick which was not accesible in Brazil during the 80's
If White widow goes back to 91-92, then for sure it is not a brazilian strain

If you picked seed up in Brazil at that time, it doesnt mean it is a brazilian strain, it means it was seed from a plant grown in Brazil at best.