What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Political Discussion in The Speakers Corner....

Blue Rhino

pls tell me your not saying Putin destroyed everything he touched? this guy single handedly saved Russia from the western backed oligarchs running it in to the ground for their own profit. if we use the same moral compass on him as well as the US presidents, you have to be blind not to see who's moral compass is more fucked up. its not the Russians who have over 200 military bases in the whole world. not Russia involved in 10s of wars at the same time all the time for the last 20 years. not Russia who legalized torture, extraordinary rendition, not Russia forcing their laws on the whole world, not Russia sanctioning the Syrian, Iranian, Yemeni, Cuban, Venezuelan, Yemeni people to death, not Russia fucking Afghanistan up the ass for 20 years, not Russia helping Saudi fuck Yemen up the Ass for 6 years, not Russia dropping bombs all over the world willy nilly, not Russia running guantanamo. not Russia supporting terrorists for regimechange, not Russia refusing to leave a sovereign Iraq when their gov asked them to...... i could go on and on, this is just a small list
It sucks when you're a broke "superpower", doesn't it.

"not Russia fucking Afghanistan up the ass for 20 years."

Hmmm....Wasn't Russia fucking A-stan up the ass for years before the US? In fact, wasn't it because Russia WAS fucking A-stan that the US ultimately got involved in the first place?
And how many countries exactly did the soviet Union "liberate" during WW2? None. Yep, great war that eh? Thank god so many lives were lost liberating Europe from the cruel reign of a tyrannical asshole only to leave half of Europe to be fucked up the ass under the cruel reign of tyrannical assholes. For the better part of 50 FRIGGIN' YEARS!

Of course I'm not defending the US govt either. Those guys have a 7 decade history of sticking their noses into the internal affairs of other countries, setting up puppet regimes, or exploiting the shit out of them along with the other shit you mentioned.

And guess what buddy? Won't be long before China is doing the same thing. Oh wait, they've already started.

Brother Nature

What are you even arguing? The soviet union stopped the Nazis in World War 2, you could say that that was a liberation of all of Europe at that point in time. Also, If you think that the EU is run by people as tyrannical as hitler you're delusional. The US has been occupying Afghanistan and the greater Middle East for over 60 years, all in the name of opposing that 'evil' communism, seems like it ended really well for all involved though.

Also, what's so hard about typing out Afghanistan, buddy? And what's with all the ass-fucking references, seems childish?

Blue Rhino

What are you even arguing? The soviet union stopped the Nazis in World War 2, you could say that that was a liberation of all of Europe at that point in time.
Sure you could. And you could say the nazis were just a bunch of misunderstood choir boys, but you'd still be wrong. Having a cruel, dehumanizing dictatorship replaced by a cruel, dehumanizing dictatorship is not the definition of liberation. Ask anyone who had the displeasure of living under both.
Also, If you think that the EU is run by people as tyrannical as hitler you're delusional.
If you think the former Soviet Bloc of Eastern Europe is the EU I wouldn't be calling anyone delusional if I were you.
The US has been occupying Afghanistan and the greater Middle East for over 60 years,
No shit. Thanks for the news update.
all in the name of opposing that 'evil' communism, seems like it ended really well for all involved though.
What part of "I'm not defending" the US are you having trouble comprehending?
Also, what's so hard about typing out Afghanistan, buddy?
Being a grammar/spelling nazi doesn't further what ever little point you're trying to make.
And what's with all the ass-fucking references, seems childish?
Maybe try reading what I quoted and responded to.

Brother Nature

Try making an actual point then?

I know the man you quoted (Gaius), I've had quite a few conversations with him and value and respect his opinion, even if on occasion I disagree. You, on the other hand, see angry, confused and a little dumb. If you're just coming here to vent, I get that, we all need a place for that and ICmag is a great place for it (as long as you follow the rules ;) ), but if you're going to make dumb comments, someone is going to light you up for it, deservedly.

Betterhaff

Veteran
Here's a good one. "the reason we have more cases is because we do more testing, we need to stop testing" (para-phrased but close). Guess who?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Here's a good one. "the reason we have more cases is because we do more testing, we need to stop testing" (para-phrased but close). Guess who?
The Chump, voicing his desire for us to all stick our heads in the sand & ignore reality. "don't look at it and it will go away..."

Reactions: Gry

Blue Rhino

Try making an actual point then?

I know the man you quoted (Gaius), I've had quite a few conversations with him and value and respect his opinion, even if on occasion I disagree. You, on the other hand, see angry, confused and a little dumb. If you're just coming here to vent, I get that, we all need a place for that and ICmag is a great place for it (as long as you follow the rules ;) ), but if you're going to make dumb comments, someone is going to light you up for it, deservedly.
So you value and respect his opinion which included all his "ass-fucking" references apparently but shit on me when I fire them back at him. Go drink a heaping mug of go fuck yourself and quit being a pissy little whiner. If you wanna complain about stupid comments then check yourself buddy.
As for making an actual point, take your own advice. Or you can continue respecting and valuing Gaius's ass-fucking references, I really don't give a damn.

Brother Nature

So you value and respect his opinion which included all his "ass-fucking" references apparently but shit on me when I fire them back at him. Go drink a heaping mug of go fuck yourself and quit being a pissy little whiner. If you wanna complain about stupid comments then check yourself buddy.
As for making an actual point, take your own advice. Or you can continue respecting and valuing Gaius's ass-fucking references, I really don't give a damn.
I bet you’re fun at parties..