What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

KC Brains?

Roadkill420

Grown KC-33 out and Mango indoors.
KC-33 was monster even with late transplanting,nice sativa high,will grow her again.
Mango indoors was easy to grow,but high is to indica for me(matter of taste-I love sativas).
But all KC seeds are dirt cheap,and breed mainly for outdoor...
Nice colors on Mango indoor.
Yourtimehascome2013_zps79022d59.jpg

I had a similar phenotype
Picture 045.jpg
KC Mango.jpg

Sparkus_Maximus

I want to try k.c's work eventually and try and select for the lemon phenos from leda uno and some of the thais from tnr, but where would you guys source the seeds? attitude would be easiest for me being in the u.s but I wonder how long the seeds have been in storage
Just got some Kc 33 as well as TNR a few weeks ago from the Tude, beans are fresh with 100% germination. Never ran either one, so I'm excited about both

Sparkus_Maximus

Did you get regs or fems.....I haven't seen blackhead for some years now....but back even 5 years back you could find plants as sativa as the landrace.....and they stunk hard aswell......I think it was the 33, it used to be near pure thai brazilian and some of the phenotypes that leaned more towards the thai or brazilian were really good....it would flower long though...not done tnr yet....leda used to have some great old school brazilian leaners in the old seeds....very nice sativa high too....
I got regulars due to the super cheap price tag and the possibility of making some interesting crosses

Sparkus_Maximus

for sure bro keep us updated on how they turn out
Most definitely, has anyone ran the KC33 Indoors? I hear this one is bred for outdoors, but I have a few going already, and by this Fall, I wouldn't be able to hide those 12ft. Trees anymore. For now, I want to test-run them indoors, and (possibly) try to re-veg the best ladies for an outdoor run, while not being forced to wrestle with Gigantic hedges which are impossible to conceal.

Last edited:

Sparkus_Maximus

Leda uno on the plants I grew smelt really nice and one had a very strong pineapple smell but they lacked in potency, sativa affect and enjoyable but light.
I've heard about a "Black Pheno" within the Leda Uno genetics, which has been compared to DJ Short's Flo in its appearance, and read one particular report which described it as some of the best ever ran / smoked by this particular overgrower. Not sure how often this pheno shows up, but I decided to grab 2- 3 packs in hopes of finding it. Have no room to run them atm, but am definitely interested in the prospect of finding that black phenotype one day.

Sparkus_Maximus

Anyone tried some of his autoflowers?
Now the TNR sparks my interest, I think I love Thai weed :)
For some reason I think KC's seeds are best if regulars, the fems are maybe too "narrowly" selected and may not have the same characteristics as the reg seeds, same as with other seed makers of course.

Cheers
Same here KD, it's the same reason I got the TNR, Thai is a smoke in a class of its' own for sure! It's hard to find overtly "Thai-Leaning" strains these days, but it happens to be one of my favorite Sativa Effects!

Stizo

Veteran
I got a regular pack of kc 33 and brain's choice, hoping that i will have some space to try some this year.
I ran the Brains Choice. Got two multi-branched stocky female plants. One was intersex. Got culled at about 21 days as it was under no particular stress to speak of and the other had an interesting profile but wasn't very strong. Not that that was the criteria. I was just trying it out.. It had lots of decent size golf to tennis ball sized buds. Was very resinous. Not a keeper but made me think there would be something you could pull if you ran some numbers. I'd try and acclimatize the plants to your environment. Maybe run them twice if you find something nice or that throws a few nanas. Might not happen on a second run. if you have the time and space of course.

Sparkus_Maximus

Same here KD, it's the same reason I got the TNR, Thai is a smoke in a class of its' own for sure! It's hard to find overtly "Thai-Leaning" strains these days, but it happens to be one of my favorite Sativa Effects!

I ran the Brains Choice. Got two multi-branched stocky female plants. One was intersex. Got culled at about 21 days as it was under no particular stress to speak of and the other had an interesting profile but wasn't very strong. Not that that was the criteria. I was just trying it out.. It had lots of decent size golf to tennis ball sized buds. Was very resinous. Not a keeper but made me think there would be something you could pull if you ran some numbers. I'd try and acclimatize the plants to your environment. Maybe run them twice if you find something nice or that throws a few nanas. Might not happen on a second run. if you have the time and space of course.
Thanks, It's a shame about the hermie, I had the same happen a while back with a KC39. Only had one as a space-filler, and it hermied very early on and wast the only 1 in the tent that did. I typically run 12/12 from seed / clone on a perpetual, so maybe the cycle stressed it, given most of KC's strains seem to be ''outdoor-bred''. All in all, Given the price of his regulars you can easily begin with more beans and will likely end up with a number of nice ladies to play with. Given their typical high- germ rates, all had nearly 100% germ rates so far, so they're definitely worth a go imo. Had a single Leda Uno that ended up very Nice and Sativa in appearance / color, with very thin blades that had a fresh lemon taste and a super functional / motivational ''up'' effect that was Prime, along with the flavor it quickly became one of my favorites. Still have 2- packs to run in the future, and will be looking for that light green (Thai Pheno) along with the elusive & fabled "Black" phenotype as well. I agree with the acclimatization of each strain (especially given the wide range of phenotypes in many of KC's packs). There are gems to be found indeed, and the price is right for the hunt to begin. So this little 12/12 from seed experiment I'm running should allow a glimpse of some of their individual traits, along with their variations. Running the KC33 and TNR alongside Ace's Orient express in a personal 2x2, and planning on revegging the best ones just in time for the upcoming Summer season🌴

Last edited:

Sparkus_Maximus

Couple years ago I ran 30 kc mango 12/12 from seed just to check them out. They were far from my priority but still liked them enough to buy 150 more haha

Theyre not in the immediate lineup.. but i do want to find a keeper or two in them.
I could run them this autumn at the earliest 🤔
I've read a number of glowing reports about their Mango, it's on my list for a go, fo sho. I'll run it in the place of a mostly Indica, as it's been reported to be more of a lights out Indica (from the Afghani side) and very light on the KC33 side of its' lineage, so I'm gonna be running it with TKO- Indica effects in mind, a good bud reserved for night time. At least that's my conclusion from the numerous reports about this particular Mango strain.

Last edited:

Mithridate

I've read a number of glowing reports about their Mango, it's on my list for a go, fo sho. I'll run it in the place of a mostly Indica, as it's been reported to be more of a lights out Indica (from the Afghani side) and very light on the KC33 side of its' lineage, so I'm gonna be running it with TKO- Indica effects in mind, a good bud reserved for night time. At least that's my conclusion from the numerous reports about this particular Mango strain.
They are mostly indica in effects, happy indica. Keep in mind most will be stupidly vigorous.

As with most kc lines, you better start a few extra and look for extremes. In the case of kc mango, too fast, too strong, too greasy is the keeper 😋

Sparkus_Maximus

@Sparkus_Maximus How do the root zones look if you run 12/12 from seed?
Roots develop strong n healthy ime. I always start them in 16oz. Solo cups (when dealing with reg.seeds) and upon sexing transplant into 1/2 gallon 'decapitated' square cardboard milk containers once pistils are confirmed. They typically triple / quadruple in height in the next 4-5 weeks, depending on strain / phenotype, typically end up as "bats with satellites'' with a nice n fat main cola of 12-15''. Using a 50/50 mix of FFOF / Happy Frog with added perlite for increased aeration, and mixed in worm castings. A basic SOG-grouping of 9, allowing each 1 to have its own unshaded foot-print within the 2x2 personal perpetual. They sit in plastic trays which are filled to about 1'' w / h2o -nutrient solution & the ladies quickly develop a strong root -system, as a result of the capillary action. It's this most basic (passive-hydro system) requiring nothing else really, a (KISS) method so to speak, it has worked just fine. I don't use an aquarium pump, only a small fan, watering alternately with (sodium-free seltzer water) and the plants end up displaying good overall vigor and pretty fast growth rates - throughout. The containers end up encircled with a thick root-vat @ harvest-time, these little recycled 1/2gal. containers work well for 12/12. Ph'd to 6.2 - 6.3 and this works well on soil consistently. Just removed the first early- male today, 7 more Orient Express reg. (Ace seeds) remain undetermined along the perimeter, along with 2 TNR (lower bottom left) and 5 KC33 (youngest plants), scattered throughout the middle. One King Tut (Pyramid Seeds) transplanted today into her 1/2gal container is chillin' in the background. Wish I vegged her longer, as she ended up having zero stretch, already showing pistils very early on, skipping the (typical veg / pre-flowering stretch). Possibly this was due to (less vigor) due to being a fem-seed (?). All in all, It's still gonna be crowded with ladies-only in another few weeks...😎🌴. They stretch quite a bit depending on strain / pheno, and usually end up around 15-18'' @ harvest yielding around 15-25g. /dry each. Will probably save the only the best 2 males for breeding, I'd like to make some Bx /F2's with the choicest Orient Express phenos, and likely some selective-pollination with the Alphas from the others as well.

Attachments

• IMG_20230201_013442198_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230201_013442198_HDR.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 32
Last edited: