What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Should i dehydrate my butane?

Isn't a Molecular Sieve Filter Drier just a container for sieve beads? I'm not eager to drop $400 for a bead container, but running sieve beads in my material column during an empty run just to dehydrate the butane every few cycles seems tedious. Am I missing a better/ cheaper solution than BVV $400 inline Molecular Sieve Filter Drier?

Background I have a 1lb passive top fill setup.

troutman

Seed Whore
Drying a solvent prior to a Cannabis extraction will for one thing help reduce the amount of chlorophyll in your extract. :tiphat:

Also less water in an extract means the solvent can be removed at a lower temperature.

Ions71

Beads are very dusty - you don't want to be breathing dust everytime you disturb the beads. Also, the dust can contaminate your product, so it will require a bit of cleaning if you choose to dehydrate your butane that way. I prefer in-line between recovery and solvent tank. That way it is automatic. You can also regenerate your sieves easily by placing heat on the column while pulling full vac.