What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hq- methods: take a look, discuss, and burn a few

HqFarms

I would like to talk about my auto feed/drip lines. Once I'm in my final pot and two hand feeds will not cut it anymore, I start my auto feed. It's a low pressure system that the quart inch drip lines run for almost a minute. With these two gallon smart pots I started off with twice a day with auto feed and I quickly found out the next day that wasn't enough. Then i tried three times and that wasn't enough. Now I'm up to four times a day and the moisture level in the coco is perfect. I never saturate the coco and it stays right in my sweet range between a high 3 for the driest part and up to 5 in my moisture meter for the wettest part, right after the drippers come on. I like my low pressure system because I let the coco act more like a sponge and soak up the nutrient solution and evenly disperse it through out the rest of the pot with very minimal run off. In total with four feeds today and six plants, I got less than a gallon of runoff. This is only achievable running a very low ec/ppm. There is no need to have run off to get rid of excess nutrients because they are just getting what they need. I don't push my girls at all and they love me for it. The 4x6 tray is filling up quite nicely. A few more weeks and these girls will be ready.

Stay elevated my friends

Attachments

• 20170812_213831.jpg
    20170812_213831.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 6

HqFarms

It's amazing what can be achieved with just my wife's 3 and my 3 plants in flower. I wish co veg laws were different so I could horde multiple cuts. I must keep things legit though.

I have noticed vegging 8 weeks compared to just 5 or 6 weeks doesn't make yield any better these girls are monsters by the time I flip them.

The first picture is some FloValleyOG vegged about 4 weeks and topped multiple times. These girls didn't start from massive clones either. I always use the small lower branches for my cuts.

The second picture is some death valley cheese before chop

Attachments

• 20170812_223120.jpg
    20170812_223120.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20170814_221108.jpg
    20170814_221108.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 20170814_221123.jpg
    20170814_221123.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 20170814_221246.jpg
    20170814_221246.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20170814_221319.jpg
    20170814_221319.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 11

HqFarms

I know this is a coco thread but I want to talk about my drying and curing process. With living in a such a dry climate, getting a final product that isn't so dry and crumbles into dust when handled was very difficult and took a few years to figure what process would work for me. What I do first is cut my plants into sections just small enough to get out of my trellis. Keep in mind i grow monster plants which means i probably cut each plant into 1/6's. They hang in my flower room with fan leaves and all in 70f at 55-60 humidity for 7-10 days. I wait for the majority of the flowers to be dry to the touch but stems are still wet. Next I cut most of the branch off but still leaving a good bit of the branch still attached to the flowers and store in a cooler. With everything in the cooler you have to check on them a lot and even leave the cooler open for a few hours because and those wet stems really put the moisture back into the dry flowers. Also during this time you must rearrange the flowers daily because they will start to get flat and resemble brick swag. This process takes about a week. The next step is to cut all the stems off and big fan leaves off and store back into the cooler for another week or so. Don't forget to check regularly because things can still go wrong if you aren't on top of things. Now it's trimming time, ohhh joy. If you are in the same boat as me and have no help with trimming the coolers keep everything prefect while you slowly widdle down your pile of flowers. For me that can take up to week or so because I HATE trimming. As of this point I've been curing for about 3 weeks, that doesn't include the first 7 days of hanging. My final product when all is said and done is a perfect combination of dry and moist. None of that dry crispy shit.

Cheers and stay elevated

X

xavier7995

The climate really is hard to deal with. I hang till they are dry to the touch on the outside but stems still fairly moist. I then trim and jar. I go through a similar process in the jar as you do with the cooler, lots of opening it up and rotation while trying to get it to just the right humidity. I would rather jar early and worry about finishing it that way than risk taking it too far while hanging.

Those folks with special rh controlled drying rooms make me jealous. Enjoying the grow show and agree you can put out quite a bit of flower on the rec limits, but it sure does limit the number of strains in the stable.

Latest posts

Latest posts