What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gorilla Glue #4 - Part II

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
I kinda like the sound of gluetang myself. But either way both phenos are growing nicely. Also here's new glue tray 6 days in.
picture.php

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i have a really weird time with the gg4, had her for a few runs now, even a few mates runs at the same time and she was perfect, now we had a heat wave and the gg harvest looks like shit, hardly any smell, not much resin and not getting ripe in the normal time. i guess it must be the heat, anyone else have this experience? it's a pain as she was so good last run that i did a bunch of it this run and now this.

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
I had similar with chem and sour derivatives GM. Monoterps evaporate and the growth stops around 34*c with some that like a cold dry finish.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i have a really weird time with the gg4, had her for a few runs now, even a few mates runs at the same time and she was perfect, now we had a heat wave and the gg harvest looks like shit, hardly any smell, not much resin and not getting ripe in the normal time. i guess it must be the heat, anyone else have this experience? it's a pain as she was so good last run that i did a bunch of it this run and now this.

That's what we call dudded. Excessive Heat is the biggest cause. I don't use AC. I deal with excessive heat every summer. I have shut down flowering in summer for that reason many times. I can run small runs of 10 plants max spaced far from ea other with decent results. My room will hold 18 plants. Try flowing smaller runs with excellent air flow between ea plant. If you have AC running no clue why it happened.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
I had similar with chem and sour derivatives GM. Monoterps evaporate and the growth stops around 34*c with some that like a cold dry finish.

thanks for that answer, it makes sense. it's been incredibly hot the last 4 weeks, seems like the orange diesel didnt suffer as much. just glad i'm not the only one this happened to, will have to get an ac next summer i guess

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
That's what we call dudded. Excessive Heat is the biggest cause. I don't use AC. I deal with excessive heat every summer. I have shut down flowering in summer for that reason many times. I can run small runs of 10 plants max spaced far from ea other with decent results. My room will hold 18 plants. Try flowing smaller runs with excellent air flow between ea plant. If you have AC running no clue why it happened.

well thats a relief to know, so the colder months will solve this issue. i don't have an ac and my filter is nearly 2 years old and probably slowing the ventilation down by now, pluss we have had a real heat wave this summer. i guess an ac will have to be added next summer if it gets so frigging hot again

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
have any of you guys with this heat thing thought about led lamps for summer harvests? been thinking it might be time to go down the led route anyway, if i find something that actually replaces the 600 watt lamps in a real way.

have any of you guys with this heat thing thought about led lamps for summer harvests? been thinking it might be time to go down the led route anyway, if i find something that actually replaces the 600 watt lamps in a real way.

Yes I finally switched over to LEDs for this summer. Samsung F-series strip builds. Second run this summer pulled 1.9 gpw using 270 watts so yes I'd say LEDs can work.