Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hemp > Where to buy/get Finola seeds from?

Thread Title Search
Where to buy/get Finola seeds from? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-2013, 04:48 PM #11
burningfire

burningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really nice
I Don't think feral drug type is really a 'thing' .. this is feral, the plant I grew had little to no thc.. at least there were no discernible effects.. and it did affect the buzz whenever I'd mix it with high thc varieties. so I'm guessing it's cbd contents were high, wild plants will range from high in thc to nil.

farmers in nepal grow multipurpose plants too.. plants for seed/fiber and some hash.. there's no clear delimitation between drug type and hemp, unless you have to comply to regulations about thc contents.
burningfire is offline Quote

Old 09-26-2013, 08:47 PM #12
Only Ornamental
Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist

Only Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud of
No THC does not automatically mean that it's a wild or feral one. Within every hash/charas plant population there are many of the THC type, some less of the mixed THC/CBD type but always a few ones with only CBD. Maybe you've had bad luck and got just the latter one? Would explain the high CBD content...
Your right, a clear delimitation does not exist. Still, good ganja plants may also give a lot of nice seeds and from what I've read may also contain useful quantities of fibres (maybe 25% instead of 35% like in Fibrimon and co.). And those folks in the Himalaya not only use their plants for everything but they rely on wild growing hemp/cannabis. Clearly, there is a strong influence of nature and a minor one of men; a plant found there could be anything. You might test the CBD content of your specimen? Guess, that above ~5% would make it a drug type and clearly improve the success rate and performance of crosses...

By the way, how did you get it?

Please spare a 'like', a dear friend of mine could need some motivation. Thanks!

Brainer on Retainer
: Why not rent a brain by the hour?
OO now on time-sharing
Only Ornamental is offline Quote

Old 09-26-2013, 09:22 PM #13
burningfire

burningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really nice
that's what I said, wild plants will range from high thc to nil.

I got it when I grew the nepalese from the real seed company, I got a cultivated plant you would define as drug-type plant and a few feral individuals

Great hash, okay bud.. the cross I've been working smokes better as bud than the parent
burningfire is offline Quote

Old 09-26-2013, 09:29 PM #14
oldchuck

oldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud of
I bought a couple of those VSB Suomi packs, several hundred seeds. Very, very low germination. After a huge struggle I got a few scrawny, crippled, stunted plants. Surprisingly, I got seeds. Supposedly Suomi is Finola but how can one be sure? I'm looking forward to seeing if I can grow some healthy plants from my seed. Anyone have a link to a cannabinoid analysis of Finola?

I too would like to get some ditchweed seeds to play with. If it has Kentucky hemp genetics, which came from China I think, it could have very interesting cannabinoid profiles.
oldchuck is offline Quote

Old 09-27-2013, 07:07 AM #15
Only Ornamental

Only Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud ofOnly Ornamental has much to be proud of
To avoid double-posts, I removed a part of my answer. Here the link to the new location: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=271780

Not sure whether there is a cannabinoid profile of Finola, because the content is pretty low...

Concerning Suomi by VSB:
Maybe they purchased a small amount of food grade quality Finola seeds and labelled them ignoring the fact that in Canada food quality seeds are 'sterilised' (Finola does infra-red treatment). Seeds treated in such a way show small cracks in the shell and dry out fast but are still viable when freshly planted even if germination rate is low and many plants are deformed, have no vigour and a slow initial growth. Observed that with bird food seeds myself... Though, the offspring should do fine as genetic mutations are unlikely to be introduced by infra-red treatment; it's just the protein layer which giving the initial boost for the embryo which looses in efficiency.

Please spare a 'like', a dear friend of mine could need some motivation. Thanks!

Brainer on Retainer
OO now on time-sharing

Last edited by Only Ornamental; 09-27-2013 at 10:28 AM.. Reason: Update

Old 09-29-2013, 08:55 AM #16
bandit89

bandit89 is on a distinguished road
Another possibility with the VSB seeds is that they are directly from a grow which were stressed. On the Finola website it states plants stressed out will finish must faster but yield less and also produce seeds with low germination rate... I'm trying to get a small pack of seeds for hemp from somewhere besides vsb so I can grow a few plants only to acquire more seeds and then start breeding the strongest best males with the best females, then in about 5 years or sooner because like in kentucky they are gonna start allowing hemp to be grown, I'm gonna be ready to have a major hemp operation. While everyone else is still trying to find good seeds, I'll have my own 25kg bags ready.
bandit89 is offline Quote

Old 09-29-2013, 09:48 PM #17
Only Ornamental

Well, did you thought about the agricultural seed banks for large scale growers aka farmers and that those need special licences no matter the legality of hemp/cannabis? The day it's legal, farmers can get approved varieties from approved sources.
You might be as illegal growing someone elses seeds for 5 years and selling them then as you'd be now by selling 'high potency' seeds... With some luck it's only the F and not the D in FDA which gets you busted LoL.
When you're a bit stressed: Finola starts flowering at an age of 25-30 days and has plenty of ripe seeds at a hundred. Good planning might give you 4 generations with in-/outdoor growing per year .

Brainer on Retainer
OO now on time-sharing

Old 09-29-2013, 10:05 PM #18
oldchuck

oldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud ofoldchuck has much to be proud of
I really don't like the politically expedient dividing line that exists between drug Cannabis and hemp Cannabis. As far as I'm concerned it's all one species and beneficial breeding, whether for medicinal, recreational, fiber, protein, or oil uses, ought to happen without regard to THC levels. Why shouldn't a great fiber strain have a modest amount of THC?
oldchuck is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:40 PM #19
Only Ornamental

Quote:
Why shouldn't a great fiber strain have a modest amount of THC?
Cause it'll be used as fodder and stoned cows might give a special kind of milk, that's why ! True, politicians should drink that sort of milk more often... at least it'll give them the excuse why they didn't do enough in time ROFLMAO .

Brainer on Retainer
OO now on time-sharing

Old 01-09-2014, 06:03 PM #20
Sam_Skunkman
"RESIN BREEDER"

Sam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond repute
Hashish varieties are 25% high THC, 50% THC/CBD, and 25% high CBD. I have tested thousands of hashish plants via GC analysis and this is how all the populations worked out, except a few that had an even higher % of CBD or CBD/THC plants. It is because hashish smokers do not smoke individual plants they smoke resin from many at a time, so they have no way of knowing if the most resinous plants have THC or THC/CBD or only CBD, they just use the plants with the most resin to keep the seeds from, after a just few years the CBD levels rise and rise.
Ganja farmers do smoke individual plants and only keep the seeds of the very best smoke, so very little CBD, if any, and lots of THC.
-SamS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Ornamental View Post
No THC does not automatically mean that it's a wild or feral one. Within every hash/charas plant population there are many of the THC type, some less of the mixed THC/CBD type but always a few ones with only CBD. Maybe you've had bad luck and got just the latter one? Would explain the high CBD content...

Your right, a clear delimitation does not exist. Still, good ganja plants may also give a lot of nice seeds and from what I've read may also contain useful quantities of fibres (maybe 25% instead of 35% like in Fibrimon and co.). And those folks in the Himalaya not only use their plants for everything but they rely on wild growing hemp/cannabis. Clearly, there is a strong influence of nature and a minor one of men; a plant found there could be anything. You might test the CBD content of your specimen? Guess, that above ~5% would make it a drug type and clearly improve the success rate and performance of crosses...

By the way, how did you get it?
Sam_Skunkman is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.