What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Using a rosemary oil based spray in bloom?

SolarPlex

I have done some extensive google and ICMAG searching and it doesn't really bring much sustenance. I found mites on one of my Hindu Hash Plants at Day 42 all the way in the back of the flower tent. I don't want to use Azamax and Neem for obvious reasons and have been trying to go the organic and natural route.

Does anyone here who has used it, know if Rosemary will alter the taste of the finished product to a unbearable amount? I going to use Rosemary Essential oil at 1tsp/gal with coco wet.

Any help/advice is appreciated
:dance013:

BerrySeal

Couldn't say, love the smell but it ain't meant for smoking. Most organic pesticides are 2% or less (by weight, by volume?) rosemary so that would be my upper threshold.

Icmag is great if youre a scientist or a retard, I don't know why everyone else keeps their lips sealed..

Muleskinner

Veteran
A friend of mine uses Rosemary oil for fungus gnats and I do taste it in the final buds. It's not objectionable though, gives it a different taste but still much better than chemical hydro weed.

So you only have about a week of flower to go? I'd be tempted to spray them down with Safer's soap and then follow immediately with a rinse spray of plain water. I know it's not good to smoke the soap but if you rinse well I would expect it to all come off the flowers.

If you can afford it predatory mites would be ideal. You could sprinkle them directly onto the plants and they don't affect the buds at all. Very expensive but they work well. ooops, this was a week ago - what happened, did you use the oil?

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I second the soap and water, with a very good water rinse. Keep an eye on humidity, you'll most likely require extra ventilation as it evaporates, especially this late in harvest. I'd be tempted to let the f'ers run, lowering temps to keep the breeding rate low. Not a big fan of rosemary on my cannabis, but I've had worse. ;)

At harvest, do a peroxide rinse of each branch before or after trimming. Wash most of the mite problem off. I believe the recommended ratio is 1 ounce of 3% hydrogen peroxide (diluted from 35% or stronger), for each gallon of rinse water. Dunk for a minute, wiggle a bit to shake stuff off, and then rinse in r/o water. Most people are amazed at what comes off, even without bugs. :)

tim524

Using a rosemary oil-based spray during the blooming phase of plants can be beneficial in several ways. Rosemary oil is known for its insect-repelling properties, so it can help deter pests that may damage or feed on the blooms of your plants. Additionally, rosemary oil here, has antifungal properties, which can be useful in preventing fungal diseases that may affect blooming plants.

However, it's essential to use any spray, including rosemary oil-based ones, with caution during the blooming phase. Some plants may be sensitive to certain oils or sprays, so it's a good idea to test it on a small portion of the plant first to ensure there are no adverse reactions. Additionally, be mindful of not spraying directly on the blooms themselves, as some delicate flowers may be sensitive to oils or may be adversely affected by direct contact with the spray.

Overall, when used appropriately and in moderation, a rosemary oil based spray can be a helpful tool in promoting healthy blooms and protecting plants during their blooming phase.

Last edited: