What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2 vs 1 grow tent?

Superauto

I'm planning to buy a tent now and I have space for 200cmx100cmx240cm(height) but I'm afraid of noise so I'm thinking about buying two tents 100x100x200 SJ Hydro Shoot 100, instead of one tent like 200x100x200

The reason is that I think I place the tents side by side and use one tent for lamp and cannabis plants only and then use the other tent for other kind of plants(not cannabis) and place the fan and filter inside this one, not only to make more space in the cannabis tent but also to hide some of the fan noise in the other tent.

What do you think, will the tent reduce noise?
How big lamp, fan and filter do I need for a 100x100x200 tent?

Cork144

Just buy a larger or more fans than required, and use a silent fan speed controller to dim it down, this way you get the air flow you required but reducing sound immensely.

my shopping list for you would be;
4x 150mm inline fans something like these; https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Inline-D...hash=item41787ceeb7:m:mnotBRjcQLMJ4BH4OlEDczg
2x 150mm carbon filters
2x 150mm inlet air filters
2x silent fan speed controllers https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170283484665
2x 150mm cool tubes
2x 600w hps ballasts, digital will let you push to 660w and counteract some lumen loss from the tubes compared to running them at just 600w, but magnetic will do fine
200x100x200 tent

using one of the 150mm fans and carbon filters on the cooltube / vented hood line, on one end of the garden, and another 150mm fan and filter on the opposite end of the tent venting out giving you even airflow up through the canopy, both of these two exhaust fans controlled from one variac silent speed controller

then the other two 150mm fans with air inlet filters are also controlled by a variac speed controller,

this gives you the option of controlling the pressure inside of the tent greatly, say running the two exhausts at 60 percent and the two inlets at 40 percent, will ensure all smells go through the scrubbers and best of all, gives you fairly silent exhausting, you may find with two 150mm outlet fans, you could even run them at 40 percent and inlets at 20, keeping it super silent

keep all duct lines straight as possible, and use solid ducting lengths if at all possible.

4 plants under each light will be a good and easy starting point for you in a larger setup

Iamnumber

Advantage of 2 tents would be that you could have different lightsycles..

2 flowering areas in flip flop configuration
1 flowering and one veg (for cannabis and other plants)

from noise control point of view I do not see much advantage in 2 tent vs. 1 tent.

good inline fans that have low noise output.
You can further lower noise by running them at lower speeds.. some can be hardwired for lower speeds. you can by additional controllers also.

Next step would be to use silencer at output and sound insulate tubing.

Latest posts

Latest posts