Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Never seen before issue on 60 + plants

Thread Title Search
Never seen before issue on 60 + plants Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-31-2018, 04:04 PM #11
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
If you get the chance, would you please post some highly detailed close ups of the damage? Full white lighting for correct color would be awesome.

If this is something new, it's best to get full documentation on it as quickly as possible.
Douglas.Curtis is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-31-2018, 05:31 PM #12
DunHav`nFun

DunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud of
Hey Bro.....That looks to be fusarium/stem rot , and the cause probably came from those rooting plugs staying wetter than the rockwool cubes between feeds and never drying sufficiently , thus the girdling effect.....and hey.....

I assure you they`ll look perfectly healthy , but outta nowhere they`ll also fall over dead in a day , had a whole patch of tomatoes die in a couple days time one yr when it was raining every day so beware …..especially since it`s all 60 plantlets.....now....Could be your flood level`s too high when they`re fed and that`s why the stems are girdling from sitting in feed juice too long every feed , so.....things to ponder....and.....

Issack over in the grow diaries section had the same problem but with just a few plants and someone told him to spray a weak bleach solution and he saved his plants by doing just that , so go check out his 8K Coco Grow thread and you`ll find out about that solution to know how much to dilute the bleach....but.....

Finding the cause is as important as trying to save the crop so good luck and.....

Peace......DHF.....

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-31-2018, 05:40 PM #13
Nico Farmer

Nico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud ofNico Farmer has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by maimunji View Post
Happening to me also outdoor. Slow dead is just right. I try everything few different fungicides nothing stop the plague.
yes me too, but indoor in hydro, too much moisture at the base of the trunk, we can see that top cubes is very green.
I think it is a kind of parasitic fungus.

and 6 years is not a very long time

big up
Nico Farmer is offline Quote

Old 07-31-2018, 09:35 PM #14
AloeRuss
Crown Jewel of the Legion

AloeRuss has a spectacular aura aboutAloeRuss has a spectacular aura aboutAloeRuss has a spectacular aura aboutAloeRuss has a spectacular aura about
Ok. I will have to discard and recuperate my losses.
One more question though.
They are still beautiful and full of life. Very clean too.
Can I at least cut clones out of better ones. This would at least help me not to spend more $

AloeRuss is offline Quote

Old 07-31-2018, 11:03 PM #15
Ibechillin

Ibechillin is a glorious beacon of lightIbechillin is a glorious beacon of lightIbechillin is a glorious beacon of lightIbechillin is a glorious beacon of lightIbechillin is a glorious beacon of lightIbechillin is a glorious beacon of lightIbechillin is a glorious beacon of lightIbechillin is a glorious beacon of lightIbechillin is a glorious beacon of lightIbechillin is a glorious beacon of lightIbechillin is a glorious beacon of light
Warm reserviour/feed water temps can allow fungal/rot issues to show up as well since its affecting them all. I doubt thats the issue though because your plants roots and leaves would be showing signs of distress.

I agree with DunHav`nFun that the top layer of the rockwool/base of stalk is staying to wet. When i ran rockwool i stuck the feed lines into the rockwool cubes to keep the top layer dry.

The bleach spray is 100ml bleach to 900ml water, Mushroombrew is the one who suggested it to issack. I used it last year on an outdoor plant and it halted the progression, but i caught it early.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socrates;
"I am not wise,i only understand the path that a lover of wisdom must take in pursuing it."
"people who see with their eyes are all but blind, truth is invisible."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin Hubble;
"a scientist has a healthy skepticism, suspended judgement, and disciplined imagination."
Tons Of Information On Max Efficiency Growing, Root Systems and Breeding:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=344347

HOW TO GET 1.5+ GRAMS PER WATT!:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....330588&page=29

A Guide On When To Plant Outdoors & Force Flowering Without Covers For Multiple Harvests:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352312

Silicon, The Misunderstood Element:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352413

Current Grow:

Ibechillin's Dank Chronicle:
(Organic Outdoor)

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352271
Ibechillin is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-01-2018, 12:56 AM #16
DunHav`nFun

DunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud of
Never take cuts from infected plants....and even if you have the room to keep and try to save em with the bleach solution , that stemrot fungus shit`s nasty and I`m not sure the plants would ever be 100% , so taking cuts from unhealthy plants is no Bueno IME bro.....so....if they were mine I`d......

Kill em all and start over , but sterilize the fuck outta everything cuz that shit can spread....or..... isolate em and try and bring em back if you have room.......anyways.....Good luck and...…

Peace.....DHF....

Old 08-01-2018, 01:14 AM #17
amanda88

amanda88 is just really niceamanda88 is just really niceamanda88 is just really niceamanda88 is just really niceamanda88 is just really niceamanda88 is just really niceamanda88 is just really niceamanda88 is just really niceamanda88 is just really niceamanda88 is just really niceamanda88 is just really nice
Clone or air layer will continue their life

cheers/

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:38 AM #18
Cork144

Cork144 is a jewel in the roughCork144 is a jewel in the roughCork144 is a jewel in the roughCork144 is a jewel in the roughCork144 is a jewel in the roughCork144 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DunHav`nFun View Post
Never take cuts from infected plants....and even if you have the room to keep and try to save em with the bleach solution , that stemrot fungus shit`s nasty and I`m not sure the plants would ever be 100% , so taking cuts from unhealthy plants is no Bueno IME bro.....so....if they were mine I`d......

Kill em all and start over , but sterilize the fuck outta everything cuz that shit can spread....or..... isolate em and try and bring em back if you have room.......anyways.....Good luck and...…

Peace.....DHF....
while I wouldnt recommend running clones, if this is from damping off due to the puck in the rockwool, airlayering and rerooting the plant above the affected area may prevent the issues that caused this, saving him possibly a lot of time, but I agree it is a risk that it could all happen over again, wonder if propolis would be a good treatment at the bases of plant stems to prevent this issue

Cork144 is offline Quote

Old 08-02-2018, 04:14 AM #19
DrDee

DrDee will become famous soon enoughDrDee will become famous soon enoughDrDee will become famous soon enough
Hi Aloe,
Bummer about your clones. I think Cork144 hit it perfectly. Clones can get damping off. I have never had that happen with clones but certainly with seedlings. What I do for seedlings is to take some powdered elemental sulfur and sprinkle it around the base.

I wouldn't kill them if they still look great. Give them more time...and try the sulfur thing. works great for me. Also try to water the cubes at the edge to keep the stems as dry as possible.
JD
DrDee is offline Quote

Old 08-02-2018, 04:32 AM #20
Elmer Bud
Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore

Elmer Bud has a brilliant futureElmer Bud has a brilliant futureElmer Bud has a brilliant futureElmer Bud has a brilliant futureElmer Bud has a brilliant futureElmer Bud has a brilliant futureElmer Bud has a brilliant futureElmer Bud has a brilliant futureElmer Bud has a brilliant futureElmer Bud has a brilliant futureElmer Bud has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by DunHav`nFun View Post
Hey Bro.....That looks to be fusarium/stem rot , and the cause probably came from those rooting plugs staying wetter than the rockwool cubes between feeds and never drying sufficiently , thus the girdling effect.....and hey.....

I assure you they`ll look perfectly healthy , but outta nowhere they`ll also fall over dead in a day , had a whole patch of tomatoes die in a couple days time one yr when it was raining every day so beware …..especially since it`s all 60 plantlets.....now....Could be your flood level`s too high when they`re fed and that`s why the stems are girdling from sitting in feed juice too long every feed , so.....things to ponder....and.....

Issack over in the grow diaries section had the same problem but with just a few plants and someone told him to spray a weak bleach solution and he saved his plants by doing just that , so go check out his 8K Coco Grow thread and you`ll find out about that solution to know how much to dilute the bleach....but.....

Finding the cause is as important as trying to save the crop so good luck and.....

Peace......DHF.....

G `day DHF

You called it .
Hot roots will cause it .

Next sign is yellow leaves that don`t fall off . And a damp basement smell .

Dunno if air layering will help the plant is infected . And pretty soon the room , the clothes you wear and anything within reach of the spores is a vector waiting for the conditions to suit another outbreak .

Gotta keep the nutes and roots cool or face crop failure .

To OP I would scrap that crop now and adjust climate conditions and start again . The flowers from those plants wont be marketable .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

1 members found this post helpful.