What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

KC Brains For the Masses

Longcock

Hi All,
I want to get a thread going on KC Brains stuff. I know I just don't see a lot of detailed grows on his seeds anymore. Last time I tried his stuff was the Mango back in the overgrow days.
Lets see some pics with numbers such as yield, flower time, nute strength used (ec if possible, ppm has always bothered me) and pheno discussion.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Well I've got 4 female Cristal Limit going outdoors. I'll get some newer pics I haven't took any in a wk or so and they have grew a lot the last wk. I didn't get to start until Mid June....but I've got 3 in 10-15gal grow pots and 1 in about a 30-35gal grow pot. These ladies are starting to get going. I'm in the Appalachia Mtns and we've had tons of rain and blazing heat so far this summer. I'm glad to see a KC thread I'll get some pics tomorrow

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Sorry the pics were sideways but I'll get some newer/ update pics. There pretty decent growing plants. I'm happy with them. I believe they'll finish up ok....fingers crossed

Robbie vapez

I read a lot on Kc's beans and there is no doubt he has some great genetics. I have a stack of his 33 and I also got his leda uno, haze special, afghani special and the cali one. Looking forward to popping some

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yea these CL are growing like crazy. I'll probably be getting a few more strains for nx yr.....definatly gotta get KC 33 early before it sells out on me

OldCoolSativa

I've read that the frankincense aroma can be found in KC Brains Special Haze, which makes sense because it has an old Neville's Haze parent. However, I've also read that germination rates are horrible. I was hoping to spend a few days in Holland and try to find some fresh Special Haze beans.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I promise your gonna see a bud shot of these Cristal Limit this fall. I've grew about 30yrs and this one plant outta the 4 I've got has that weird haze smell...these have that 606 parentage. KC keeps a lot of this lineage close to the vest that for sure here's a pic I just took of a CL in a 30 gal container. I've got her tied down....this isn't the plant that's got the weird smell. But they all have a kinda odd smell. It's a good smell you know is gonna be some good killer smoke kinda smell...kinda skunky haze and lil fruity. But that one every time I look underneath to clean out the middle I'm like damn what a weird smell

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 47

kro-magnon

Veteran
A friend has grown the Special Haze from KC 3 or 4 years ago, he had a pheno who flowered for 18 weeks with a light incense smell but nothing crazy and the high was really not powerful, IMO it was not a great plant and didn't worth the long flower period. I hope you'll get more lucky if you grow this strain.

I got a pack of his kc 42 I'm waiting to pop. I just moved to Hawaii and need to find a place...hopefully it will be soon. If it works out I'll be posting pics for sure.

cone

I've had KC33 & Leda Uno in my collection for well over 13 years never thought to pop them as there are so many other new strains it never took my fancy if that makes sense?

I harvested 4 KC33 females. Funny story about that strain.

I intended to run 15 for a pheno hunt. As seedlings, I lost most of them due to my humidifier not working one winter night, and returned to a grave yard. The five that remained gave me 4 females, whom I promptly put in the four corners of my clone grow, as their previous space would be used for a different seed run. I didn't want to kill them, but didn't want to steal resources from my tried and true clones, so I just put them in the corners. Each one of those plants blew away all of my clones. KC33 raised the bar after that.

Two main phenos: Thai leaning and Brazilian leaning. The Brazilian pheno is a really good concentration high, but the Thai pheno is psychedelic. It has stages lol. First, its all energy, racing thoughts, extreme fascination with the world. Then, you get caught up in your own thoughts for a while and shut off from the outside world. Finally you go to sleep.

I remember the first time I tried my Thai pheno. It was with three family members. We all smoked just the tiniest amounts, then it was on. We would not stop talking and laughing for about two hours, then we all got very quiet at the same time, then we all went to sleep right where we were on the couch.

The Brazillian pheno is great for daytime smoke, and the Thai is the ticket to the next universe. I will definitely grow this one again.

Brazilian pheno
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Additional info: they went for 10 weeks, should have gone longer. I thought they were going to suck, so I cut them with the rest of the plants.

Yield was more than I expected - being that they were in the corners I wasn't expecting much at all. I never measured the weight, but I'm sure that under a proper run you won't be disappointed.

I feed all my plants pretty lightly. I'm not sure what the obsession is for some people who seem to want to pump the most concentrated fertilizer possible into their root zone, but I keep it light and nobody ever complains.

One thing that should be emphasized about KCBrains is this. He's an "anti-capitalist." Now, as much as I disagree with that political stance, I cannot agree more when it comes to his prices. He's got the cheapest beans I've ever seen which is probably why he's not more popular. I can only speak of KC33, so I'll leave it at this. KC33 is straight fire, and I expect his other varieties are on par with that.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Damn those look good friend. I wanted the KC 33 but it sold out. It was already May when I ordered and I was already starting late. Wasn't gonna grow this yr but after nearly a decade from beening on icmag/ forums I logged on and got the itch to grow....late lol.

Yes over the yrs as a big indoor grower in the Midwest I never got around to KC strains. A friend of mine yrs back some might known from the outdoor threads (silverback) always raved about KC 33. But at the time I only done huge indoor grows and small outdoor stuff. Most the time I'd run indoor strains I was running indoors I'd run the extras outdoor. But now back in the Appalachias I'm doing large outdoor grows and remember my old buddy talking about 33 and figured give it a try. But maybe it was a good thing to get these Cristal Limit. It's states THC in the 20% range and good yields. So well see what happens. Maybe if LC doesn't care we can all bring back some hype to these nice strains and post our grows on his thread???? Looks like some of you guys growing I'm sure are game....and great to see finished bud shots and stories of past grows....KC Brains for the masses.....a place for guys and there grow pics and stories info??? Longcock was this what you wanted????? Maybe with pics things will pick up some....plus I'll get my friends stopping over to check us out soon

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I'm not concerned about KC his political views, sexual preference, favorite food....any of his personal views. His cannabis strains is the only thing I'm concerned with nothing more or less. I'm just looking to gain from his strains really, just grow some nice buds. I'm not sure him beening a capitalist of wtf ever is helping or hurting anybody from growing a nice yield of bud. I don't know KC or anything about his life other than him breeding cannabis, unless he's a murderer or child molester , rapitist something in that relm I could care less. Like somebody said these strains are kinda cheap and already just what I see from Veg I feel I've done ok with the 5pack I bought from Seedsman. Hopefully we can keep things about the plants/ strains. I don't wanna get into a GHS bunch of bullshit as I'm sure most of us wanna post pics and talk about strains.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Additional info: they went for 10 weeks, should have gone longer. I thought they were going to suck, so I cut them with the rest of the plants.

Yield was more than I expected - being that they were in the corners I wasn't expecting much at all. I never measured the weight, but I'm sure that under a proper run you won't be disappointed.

I feed all my plants pretty lightly. I'm not sure what the obsession is for some people who seem to want to pump the most concentrated fertilizer possible into their root zone, but I keep it light and nobody ever complains.

One thing that should be emphasized about KCBrains is this. He's an "anti-capitalist." Now, as much as I disagree with that political stance, I cannot agree more when it comes to his prices. He's got the cheapest beans I've ever seen which is probably why he's not more popular. I can only speak of KC33, so I'll leave it at this. KC33 is straight fire, and I expect his other varieties are on par with that.

You got some great looking plants and a lot of good info to help this thread and KC growers alike. I'm sorry politics might mean something to folks but what can we do besides not grow these strains!?? If he's anti capitalist past, present and I'm sure he's gonna be in the future. I dunno it's just isn't something I get into. I've bought tons of Dutch Passion strains over the yrs.....I don't know shit about any of there politician views and it hadn't affected any of my grows. I respect the people that care about a cannabis breeders political views but as long as there good strains I'm gonna buy and grow:tiphat:

bigtacofarmer

Veteran

Never had much interest in his strains. I have heard a few people say great plants can be found in mango. I would like to try the haze also.

But hearing he is anti capitalist makes me want to support him! I dislike economys as much as I dislike wings, either one of them.

Latest posts

Latest posts