What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Decarboxylation in H20

Ringodoggie

Premium user
so how much can you actually process at a time with this method? ideally i would want to do a minimum of 20 gr up to 60 or even 80 grams.

i like that it works for you ringo...this seems to be the best way to keep strains individual characteristics when making caps/edibles

Hey Oz, what's up bud? Yeah, you remember the problems I had in that other thread. I am amazed that I am getting high again. Just about to make some beer. LOL

As to how much you can decarb at one time........ as much as you can fit in your pot of water. LOL

I imagine the cheaper units might have trouble keeping 20 gallons of water heated but those nice expensive 1500 watt Sous Vide machines would probably keep up. Load up a pound and put it in a 20 gallon drum. LMAO

I bought the cheapest one I could find and I am going to buy a better one. It takes forever to get 2 gallons of water to 200F. LOL However, once it's there it maintains it just fine.

About 90 minutes in 200F water in a vacuum sealed bag. Best decarb I ever did. And, easy and clean to boot. No smell AT ALL.

Then, about 6 hours to extract.

In a 2 or 3 gallon stock pot, you could easily do an ounce, maybe 2.

They have "sous vide" 'racks' that you can set in the bottom of your pot and stack bags in. They hold 4 or 5 bags, each one capable of holding about an ounce of weed.

71uE%2BWZfiqL._SL1114_.jpg

ozzieAI

Veteran
well i am going to give this ago in the next couple of days...not that i have a sous vide, but i do have an induction hot plate that keeps a very steady temp and a probe thermometer for monitoring temps...

Ringodoggie

Premium user
French: Sawed-off sissies who eat snails and slugs and cheese that smells like people's feet. They take filthy pictures of each other with cheap cameras, wash nothing but their dicks, fight with their feet, and perform sex acts with their faces. Utter cowards who force their own children to drink wine, they gibber like baboons even when you try to speak to them in their own wimpy language.

Good Points: Invented the blowjob.

Proper Forms of Address: Froggy, froggy-wog, frog-eater, French-lips, Franco fuck-face, clit-lick.

An Anecdote Illustrating Something of the French Character: A Frenchman goes home with his best friend and they find the friend's wife laying naked on the dining room table with her legs spread apart. The Frenchman takes a close look at her pussy and says, "Zees looks like zee menstrual blood!" Then he bends down, takes a deep whiff, and says, "Zees smells like zee menstrual blood!" Finally he gets down on his knees, eats her out for about twenty minutes, and says, "Zees tastes like zee menstrual blood! Without a doubt, it eez zee menstrual blood! Mon dieu, I am glad zat we did not fuck her! !"

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Oh, cut it out. It's humor. Straight from the National Lampoon. My god, when did the world loose it's sense of humor.

Besides, I gave you credit for inventing the blow job. Geeze. What more do you want.

If it makes you feel better (I'm Italian).....

ITALIANS

Racial Characteristics: This least appealing of the European peoples combines natural criminal propensities with an attitude of slavish idolatry toward that Whore of Rome, the Pope. When speaking, the Italians gesture frantically with their hands in an attempt to distract your gaze from their ugly faces-upon which are clearly etched the marks of their moral and intellectual degeneracy. They cannot stop stealing, and will sometimes go so far as to steal money that is rightfully theirs from the pockets of their own trousers even as they wear them. Worse yet, they rarely catch themselves doing so. (Not that it matters, since their currency is worth nothing.) Otherwise, they amuse themselves by kidnapping the neighbor's children, voting for Communists, and staying out on strike, where they've been since the 1940s. On the field of battle they are abject cowards, and in the kitchen they're enthralled with bruised tomatoes and the noodle only.

Good Points: Big tits.

Proper Forms of Address: Ginzo, guinea, dago, spaghetti-bender, wop.

A German Joke of the War Years Illustrating Some Points Concerning the Italian Character: During the campaign in North Africa, an Italian tank and a German tank accidentally collided and the two surprised drivers jumped out. The Italian yelled, "I surrender! I surrender!" The German shot him.

Before one can laugh with others, he must first learn to laugh at himself. Mel Brooks

pinkus

Veteran
I do think that I remember that basic slant in one of the mags.

It's the delivery. and the age. we have gone PC nuts it's true. Plus funny pictures are funny. They had pretty good art.
picture.php
[/IMG]

Ringodoggie

Premium user
So, if I can provide a link.... it's no longer racist? But, if I was the first one to write it, I'm a racist?

You have fucked up standards, dude. LMAO

Love you man. Don't be mad. I just don't understand people like you.

Here's a link but before you read it, you'll need to come out of that tiny box you live in just a little and open your mind (as well as your heart). Otherwise, when you hear them call Africans.... "Probably not people at all. Probably some kind of monkey", you're going to go ape shit (no pun intended.) LMAO Oh, and yes, they use the "N" word in describing them. OMG, can you believe it. The "N" word. Excuse me, I have to go wash my hands after typing that. LMAO The world is fucked up and Mel Brooks is dead. And, it's because of people like you. Peace.

https://imgur.com/gallery/H1X8R

And, no, it wasn't Chevy. It was his boss, P.J. O'Rourke. I think he was "Stork" in Animal House. The really goofy looking one. Incredibly talented man.

Love you bud but...... learn to laugh.

troutman

Seed Whore
So, if I can provide a link.... it's no longer racist? But, if I was the first one to write it, I'm a racist?

You have fucked up standards, dude. LMAO

Love you man. Don't be mad. I just don't understand people like you.

Here's a link but before you read it, you'll need to come out of that tiny box you live in just a little and open your mind (as well as your heart). Otherwise, when you hear them call Africans.... "Probably not people at all. Probably some kind of monkey", you're going to go ape shit (no pun intended.) LMAO Oh, and yes, they use the "N" word in describing them. OMG, can you believe it. The "N" word. Excuse me, I have to go wash my hands after typing that. LMAO The world is fucked up and Mel Brooks is dead. And, it's because of people like you. Peace.

https://imgur.com/gallery/H1X8R

And, no, it wasn't Chevy. It was his boss, P.J. O'Rourke. I think he was "Stork" in Animal House. The really goofy looking one. Incredibly talented man.

Love you bud but...... learn to laugh.

I deleted that. :moon:

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Shit dude, you didn't have to do that. Now, I feel bad. LOL

You're a big man. That's what it takes to say and do that. ;) Someday, I'll buy ya a beer.

OK, back on topic. LOL

You know, come to think of it, I always added water to my oil and weed when I infused as well. Then, I just cool in the fridge and the oil hardens at the top and I toss the water.

I never considered that some of the terps are water soluble and were tossed out with the bath water. LOL

Either way, sous vide resolves that problem completely. I won't be a bit surprised if this becomes the defacto method for commercial decarb'ing in the future. Especially, since you can easily decarb 5 or 10 pounds at a time in a small space with little effort. I see a 50 gallon drum with a giant immersion cooker decarb'ing 10 pounds at a time. LOL

ozzieAI

Veteran
You know, come to think of it, I always added water to my oil and weed when I infused as well. Then, I just cool in the fridge and the oil hardens at the top and I toss the water.

I never considered that some of the terps are water soluble and were tossed out with the bath water. LOL

good observation...

Ringodoggie

Premium user
We have definitely been tossing out the baby with the bathwater for a long time.

Still, bubble hash was always my favorite, and most flavorful cannabis product. I wonder why?

Also, is there a difference if the trichrome is 'broken open' or not?

All the terps and cannabinoids are inside the little stalk and head (the trichrome). If that does not get ruptured, it will not desolve in water. And, it will not fall through the bubble bag.

So, only the trics that were 'smashed' or 'opened' in the process were actually mixed with the water (and, consequently) thrown out.

Is that it?

I'm sure some of the trichs are compromised during the ice process.

Hmmmmm?