What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GreenSanta's Pollen Chucking Lab

G

Gr33nSanta

BTW, I was just trying a new camera and my license on lightroom has expired so I had no way to edit the pics.

Les Fleurs Bleues
attachment.php

SleeSkunk #4
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

Thanks PaulieWaulie!

An impressive menu of high CBD that Med Tree Seeds guy has...

In my case, now that I have found the Candida #2, around 15 to 1 CBD to THC, and Les Fleurs Bleues, which has more CBD than THC but a lot of both, I am taking a break from hunting for high CBD.

Some of the seeds I will grow in the coming months might still endup high in CBD but now I am looking for some high THC cultivars!

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Nice, can't wait what you do in the thc category. cbd, I'm out of my element as I have never used medicinally myself.

G

Gr33nSanta

Nice, can't wait what you do in the thc category. cbd, I'm out of my element as I have never used medicinally myself.

You should try some CBD, I think it's a nice weapon for just about any stoner's arsenal.

I like how it makes THC more manageable in certain contexts and also that it makes the high last longer.

Smoke it before bed time and you might remember your dreams, which can be a good thing, or a bad thing lol.

I am slowly converting my room into an ALL SIP containers, after harvesting the SleeSkunk #4, I moved the SIP that was in the tent into the main flower room. I also added 2. So there are 4 SIPs in there now, 2 of which are at day 1 of flowering today.

One of them I transplanted 2 plants, a nice yin yan combo, 2 ultimate narrow leafed cultivars, one high CBD and less than 1% THC, the next high THC, no CBD,... as far as I know. So one plant will tear the shit out of me, the next will level me off... lol

G

Gr33nSanta

16 moms, and that's conservative.... I am guessing at least 10 of them will make it to the Winter line up. This is the most up to date list of keep hers. Plants are starting to look good again when I am not so busy I ll snap some pics with the new camera and the tripod.

I just had an inexperienced smoker dabbing some rosin made with Candida #2 and #4 turned into bubble hash rosin, Id say she survived with flying colors! CBD is no joke.

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

Phone pics... I am so glad I took the Thunk outside, the spidermites are losing ground now, and she is maturing nicely.

She is sitting at day 85 or so I think, I plan to start harvesting some of the buds within the next week or so but I really hope I can let her go another month.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

Sorry I held the phone the wrong way. Just wanted to show Les Fleurs Bleues in SIP under LEDs. It's the 7th or 8th round in this container, I have not even moved it it's been sitting there for like 16 months. Only downside to my SIP mixed with perpetual style is that I don't get to veg the plants after transplant.

[YOUTUBEIF]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkwh_oxpDTY&t=5s[/YOUTUBEIF]

I hope to have more time as Winter approach to start documenting some of the new moms I have with proper photography.

Not sure why the link doesnt work here it is again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkwh_oxpDTY&t=5s

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Sorry I held the phone the wrong way. Just wanted to show Les Fleurs Bleues in SIP under LEDs. It's the 7th or 8th round in this container, I have not even moved it it's been sitting there for like 16 months. Only downside to my SIP mixed with perpetual style is that I don't get to veg the plants after transplant.

[YOUTUBEIF]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkwh_oxpDTY&t=5s[/YOUTUBEIF]

I hope to have more time as Winter approach to start documenting some of the new moms I have with proper photography.

Not sure why the link doesnt work here it is again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkwh_oxpDTY&t=5s

Nice vid! Im your 3rd subscriber. Getting in at the beginning haha.

So the SIP container is, essentially bottom wick fed pot that is no till? How do you amend your soil after each run. I know you mainly use castings and compost so... And your just vegging in a separate veg room and then transplanting into the SIP thats in the bloom room, thats why your not getting to veg it after final transplant Im assuming. Doesn't look like its a problem for les fleurs ;)

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
I believe to properly test for cannabinoids as chimera has stated is to test it at a reliable analytical company by high pressure liquid chromatography to get a proper measurement. I'm def subbed to this thread keep up the good work green santa

G

Gr33nSanta

I believe to properly test for cannabinoids as chimera has stated is to test it at a reliable analytical company by high pressure liquid chromatography to get a proper measurement. I'm def subbed to this thread keep up the good work green santa
Thanks Emperortaima, most of the testing I pay for so far is mostly to detect whether CBD is present or not and at what ratio, I feel fortunate to have access to a couple labs.

Nice vid! Im your 3rd subscriber. Getting in at the beginning haha.

So the SIP container is, essentially bottom wick fed pot that is no till? How do you amend your soil after each run. I know you mainly use castings and compost so... And your just vegging in a separate veg room and then transplanting into the SIP thats in the bloom room, thats why your not getting to veg it after final transplant Im assuming. Doesn't look like its a problem for les fleurs ;)

Thanks PaulieWaulie, yes to all your questions :)

For re-amending it depends on the previous plant, if she faded nicely I might pull the root ball to give me a bit more room for topdress but often time I dont do anything besides adding a big handful of worms and sometimes green mulch like comfrey and such, I dont have a rule, I keep trying new ways, but I often do nothing besides transplanting too :)

G

Gr33nSanta

Today I am going back in time, I just ordered a couple cultivars I grew years ago. I can't find the original Reggae Seeds - Revolution I grew probably back in 2012 but I did find a some nice pics of my old Reggae Seeds - Respect mother.

http://www.rollitup.org/t/the-greensanta-grow.624675/page-13

This plant was some of the oiliest plant I have ever grown, (the respect that is) My Les Fleurs Bleues is probably as oily, and I dont necessarily mean resiny, though they both are extremely resiny, but I mean oily, like its almost you can never fully dry them buds they are just more than resiny, they are oily!

So anyway, that plant had a nice nice smell, I let it go because back then I really sucked at cloning and I did not know what I now know! So I really hope to find her again.

The other plant I grew from reggae seeds years ago, I couldnt find any pics of it must have been under a different user name, but the revolution had a very very unique smell, even though it was high CBD, it was uber strong like uber red eyes and stuff,... all I can remember.

So I ordered a few seeds today.

TGA - Cuvee Regular Seeds - 10
Reggae Seeds - Respect Regular Seeds - 15
Reggae Seeds - Revolution Regular Seeds - 15
Reggae Seeds - O'Haze Red Feminised Seeds - 3

Not to mention, that Senora Ampero from reggae seeds was the grand mother of Les Fleurs Bleues, I really owe it to Reggae seeds to revisite some of those old lines.

Time to create some new dank phenos, I am actually hoping to find a good male in the Respect line.

I ll post some pics soon of the Thunk ( now outside, was started indoor May 28th so she's sitting at 95-96 days old now )

I ll post some pics of some of the SLK - BlockHead from Chimera, unless them bloody spidermites decide to take over my garden again then I wont post them lol.

BTW, the purple X from Chimera all of them I have grown I had to harvest at least a week before maturity and the end product was potent on every female... I have a few I am re-running.

G

Gr33nSanta

HOT TEMPS!! so sick of the heat!! One more day of extreme heat before we return to normal temps. I am so worried about spidermites taking over again, I inspected every single plant last night and there was not too many but in this heat it's almost unfair...

I am spending way too much on benes right now...:cry:

Here is a vid of the room with my phone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZu_vPAzUEk&feature=youtu.be

I was gonna take that SLK X Blockhead #1 (Chimera) outside to finish because she was the one with the most mites but its supposed to rain in a couple of days so I chose indoor and pray that she finishes before the spidermites take over.

Here is a vid of the SLK X Blockhead after I plucked some of the leaves.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-LmsNlfsLc&feature=youtu.be

attachment.php

Last edited:

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Nice Vid, Big space, whats your total watts for it. Is it all LED ? Also looking forward to no more high temps, although BC is way hotter than AB. I finally felt lucky living here!

Also not sure how true this is, or if it would help, as I have never tried it but I think mites don't like humidity so if you have any plants that area really affected, if you spray them down with water once or twice a day it might knock em back a few steps. Just an idea if you haven't thought of it and out of options. Putting it outside in the rain and cooler temps might not be that bad..

G

Gr33nSanta

Nice Vid, Big space, whats your total watts for it. Is it all LED ? Also looking forward to no more high temps, although BC is way hotter than AB. I finally felt lucky living here!

Also not sure how true this is, or if it would help, as I have never tried it but I think mites don't like humidity so if you have any plants that area really affected, if you spray them down with water once or twice a day it might knock em back a few steps. Just an idea if you haven't thought of it and out of options. Putting it outside in the rain and cooler temps might not be that bad..

yes all LEDs, most of them are 5+ years old, been running 12/12 365 days a year ever since!

You got it PaulieWaulie I spray the bottom of every plant with the hose every morning before the lights goes out (lights on at night...), Ive got lots of fans running at lights out so Im not worried about mold, I dont spray water on the colas ... I really focus the water on the bottoms like most of what gets wet is the larf that will be turned into hash.

Since Ive started doing that months ago I feel my beneficial insects survive a bit longer.

It gets really wet here in the Winter months so I dont plan to keep watering the bottom of my plants on the daily. Its always a struggle for me to keep RH below 50-55% from October until April.

The other option would be living mulch to help keep the predators alive.

G

Gr33nSanta

Good thing I did the maintenance in the veg room last night, I noticed I moved my SleeStack X Skunk#1 #3 in the flower room without a back up! I took a cutting from the flowering plant I hope it works.

I think I have too many lines on the go ... :biggrin:

Here is the current line up and a quick youtube clip of the plants dancing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58xLLQqlCco&feature=youtu.be

After watching the clip I realized I forgot Barbara! I did not grow her well the first time but I have to give her a chance because I had some of the best return pressing the flowers into rosin.

attachment.php

I have a male Strawberry OG X (MissJack X BCD) in full bloom outside, I plan to make a few seeds with it with whatever happens to be in week 2-5 of flowering.

Nothing serious here...

The main project for the Winter will be to select the best male Respect out of a pack of 10 and pollinate my Les Fleurs Bleues with it.

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Thats a lot of keepers. Lucky!

At 5 plus years you thinking at all about upgrading? You probably paid top dollar 5 years ago and they've gotten crazy good since It seems. Do you track your G/Watt ? Im thinking with your setup its almost impossible as your constantly adding and harvesting. I do strict runs myself, as I like to track these metrics to see my improvement, your well seasoned so you don't need to concern yourself with yield as much haha ;)

G

Gr33nSanta

Thats a lot of keepers. Lucky!

At 5 plus years you thinking at all about upgrading? You probably paid top dollar 5 years ago and they've gotten crazy good since It seems. Do you track your G/Watt ? Im thinking with your setup its almost impossible as your constantly adding and harvesting. I do strict runs myself, as I like to track these metrics to see my improvement, your well seasoned so you don't need to concern yourself with yield as much haha ;)

I run my lights until they die, the nice thing about LEDs is that they either work or they dont, even when they are old it is my understanding that they will never really drop below 90% of their original photon output.

Impossible to track GPW nor do I care, for me this hobby is really evolving to be all about genetics.

I know I could grow better plants if I was to invest more of my time into a good soil recipe as opposed to use poorly made vermicompost (but at least always fresh) and mixing with perlite/vermiculite.

I chose to invest more of my time into cloning, transplanting and simply keeping a good library going.

Perhaps, if I ever feel content with my library, I can stop searching and start growing for real, right now I am still growing dank now and again, just a bit of a hit and miss.

G

Gr33nSanta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFl7utrMm0s
I did a bit of plant maintenance today, that slk x blockhead #1 is swelling like crazy and not too many spidermites on it yet. I pray I dont get mold in the colas but Id be surprised if I don't anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1c9RHU6RVo&feature=youtu.be
The plant I zoom on at 25 sec. is my only female left of that seed line which was taken to F3, if we had smellovision I think you would all be blown away by the smell, yields sucks though! It was Spacebomb (tga) X Medicine (next gen).

Latest posts

Latest posts