What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A PPK for a 12 Plant Limit

simbolic

Welcome!

Do you want to duplicate the whole process, limited to 6 total plants? Yes? This will take a little rework of the process and some time to develop super/production mom and bonsai'd production plants (Lets make up a new name for the trees we are building. Something of a cross between bonsai and cannabis... anybody out there good with words?). With the equipment you have, we would want to do things a lot different. Are you planning on buying anything else? In my mind's eye, there are a few ways we could do it, depending on a few factors...........

I will dedicate some time to it. I would like for you to journal your grow, start to finish. Then we could talk about things in your thread. So as to keep it tight and not confusing? Sound good? We could invite Delta9 to participate. I am having lunch with him tomorrow and I will ask his opinion.

I definitely want to duplicate pretty much everything except the vert lighting (since there is already so many new things for me to learn/setup). I understand this project will be time consuming and that i have much to learn but if others won't do it for me, I guess it's time I learn. What I am most interested in duplicating the PPK watering system. I am willing to buy more stuff definitely (pumps, res', hoses, pH meter, etc). I could even document the build of everything including the PPK system (to help others as well).

SuperWeed

I think I understand the production mom set up. The drawing helped a lot.

Can you keep the rooted branches attached as long as you want or do they rot off of the mom, for lack of a better term, after they are rooted? Whats the longest you have kept a rooted branch attached?

It is a brilliant way to reduce plant count and allow veg growth till ready for flower.Turning one plant into at least 9 plants, 10 if you include the mother.

This really gets my mind going as to the different possibilities.

Peace GG

No problem! Yes, keep the branch attached to the mother until time to flower, then just cut her loose. No transplant shock as it is already, it's own plant. No, it doesn't rot. I don't think I had any attached to her for more than 4 weeks.

I definitely want to duplicate pretty much everything except the vert lighting (since there is already so many new things for me to learn/setup). I understand this project will be time consuming and that i have much to learn but if others won't do it for me, I guess it's time I learn. What I am most interested in duplicating the PPK watering system. I am willing to buy more stuff definitely (pumps, res', hoses, pH meter, etc). I could even document the build of everything including the PPK system (to help others as well).

Delta9 is definitely the expert on PPK. I just had the pleasure of meeting him and seeing his setup first hand. I am so impressed. What a man. Brilliant, humble, helpful, kind, generous. I am proud to call him my friend. Read his threads, backwards and forwards.

Also would be a good idea to read a few of the commercial growers threads. Especially coco guys and hydro guys. They do neat shit all the time, I'm always picking up new ideas. Take a walk around Lowes, Home Depot, Wal-mart, craft stores, hobby stores. Not in a hurry. Take your time. Breathe, look at everything. From the way they frame their merchandise, to the products on the shelves. Don't buy, but look at everything. Look at the trees in a forest. We often miss the trees for the forest. Watch how plants grow. Study the fibonacci sequence in nature 0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13. You will find so many ways to simplify your life and your grow, when you look at the ways complexity is broken down into simpler and simpler parts in our everyday environment. "Everything is hard until it's easy." - Brian Tracy

Definitely start a thread and list all the pieces and parts you have on hand. Right down to the airstone. Then we can use what you have, add to it and save money. The plants watering themselves is tricky. It is easier to start with a timer and pump/dosatron, so as to learn the art of watering. If that makes sense.

You can do it! :woohoo:

You make my brain wheel turn :tiphat:

Happy to help! :tiphat:

HL45

Veteran
Wow. What a wild ride you have had so far! Investor...sounds like you need a screenwriter!! You could make a tv series out of your life.

Love the pictures! Keep em coming.

Ive been ppk'in for a few years now. I stumbled across the thread when i was researching jacks for an undercurrent set up. Glad i never plugged that chiller in... keep on keeping on!

I like your propagation method. Didnt read everything yet, will be back soon.

SuperWeed

Wow. What a wild ride you have had so far! Investor...sounds like you need a screenwriter!! You could make a tv series out of your life.

Love the pictures! Keep em coming.

Ive been ppk'in for a few years now. I stumbled across the thread when i was researching jacks for an undercurrent set up. Glad i never plugged that chiller in... keep on keeping on!

I like your propagation method. Didnt read everything yet, will be back soon.

A screenwriter... I haven't even covered the first half of it. You should ask how I got into this business. That's a story.

I have pictures, but they are not as impressive. And nothing recent as I am working for someone else.

Thank you for stopping by!

Just wanted to say hi from eatern europe! I ve been lurking for a long time and its my first post. You really are an impresive individual. I recently started growing and it changed my life. Im exploring this vast world everyday and its given me the joy of life back. I would love to learn as much as i can from You.
T.

SuperWeed

Just wanted to say hi from eatern europe! I ve been lurking for a long time and its my first post. You really are an impresive individual. I recently started growing and it changed my life. Im exploring this vast world everyday and its given me the joy of life back. I would love to learn as much as i can from You.
T.

I don't know what to say. Thank you! :tiphat:

I fly back home tomorrow. Court on Tuesday morning.

After I get back, I will tell you guys my whole story. I would like your feedback on a book.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
"Brilliant, humble, helpful, kind, generous" you forgot brave, clean, thrifty, and reverent! please!

good luck in court!

SuperWeed

Postponed again. No discovery yet. Case is over a year old. My lawyer says that I should plead out, as long as there is a guarantee of no prison time. Take probation, transfer it to Oregon. He says, I have to quit smoking, again. Further proof that marijuana is not addictive, as I have to keep stopping, for months at a time, due to legal battles.

What I don't understand: Ohio just legalized cannabis for medical use. PTSD included, which I have a diagnosis of, from the Amen Clinics. Got a SPECT scan - pretty pictures of my overactive brain.

How the fuck do they even justify continuing the case?

gorilla ganja

Are you using the medical defense?
I don't know what your numbers were. But seems you have plenty of evidence for medical need.
Was Ohio a medical state at time of bust or was it approved after?

Peace GG

Hookah79

Postponed again. No discovery yet. Case is over a year old. My lawyer says that I should plead out, as long as there is a guarantee of no prison time. Take probation, transfer it to Oregon. He says, I have to quit smoking, again. Further proof that marijuana is not addictive, as I have to keep stopping, for months at a time, due to legal battles.

What I don't understand: Ohio just legalized cannabis for medical use. PTSD included, which I have a diagnosis of, from the Amen Clinics. Got a SPECT scan - pretty pictures of my overactive brain.

Can you take it to jury trial ,or is it too late?

Hate it when they drag the cases forever. Have one also going on right now but not mj related.

Other than that how are things going? I've started my first vertical just a few days ago. I can put some pics if You want to take a peek.

What a bag of dicks. My atheist prayers are with you (to bad they are worthless :angelshug: ). Best of luck, I hope you are working with a good lawyer.

You seem to use straight walled cages. I've been doing some testing with a meter, and now with some plants, with more of a ball shape. I started this years ago, but, like yourself, avoided all documentation.

They are trained to be flat (when not hugging the cage), as there are 6 of them, but basically the same concept. Topped twice with all side grow removed, big fans are tucked not removed. Once they fill the cage I'll up the bulb and swap in a bigger cage. I can't get a decent pic with the light on, and don't want to mess with it right now.

So to turn that into a question; is your system similar to mine in the way you try to keep everything outside the cage (not like a ScrOG where you fill it and let it grow how it wants)? And do you let things grow in closer to center near the top? Have you tried making more of a ball shaped cage?

SuperWeed

Are you using the medical defense?
I don't know what your numbers were. But seems you have plenty of evidence for medical need.
Was Ohio a medical state at time of bust or was it approved after?

Peace GG

Approved after.

Can you take it to jury trial ,or is it too late?

I am inclined to fight it all the way, but my lawyer wants me to take a plea...

Sounds like now is a good time to drag the case out even longer...

Right...

I dont think you can grow medical yet in Ohio.

No, they are not allowing felons to work in the industry (even pot felons) and there are no home grows allowed. Fascism.

DAMN SUPER that has to be like a ball and chain around your leg......

My original felony has never let go...

Hate it when they drag the cases forever. Have one also going on right now but not mj related.

Other than that how are things going? I've started my first vertical just a few days ago. I can put some pics if You want to take a peek.

Good luck and YES, I would love to see!

What a bag of dicks. My atheist prayers are with you (to bad they are worthless :angelshug: ). Best of luck, I hope you are working with a good lawyer.

You seem to use straight walled cages. I've been doing some testing with a meter, and now with some plants, with more of a ball shape. I started this years ago, but, like yourself, avoided all documentation.

They are trained to be flat (when not hugging the cage), as there are 6 of them, but basically the same concept. Topped twice with all side grow removed, big fans are tucked not removed. Once they fill the cage I'll up the bulb and swap in a bigger cage. I can't get a decent pic with the light on, and don't want to mess with it right now.

So to turn that into a question; is your system similar to mine in the way you try to keep everything outside the cage (not like a ScrOG where you fill it and let it grow how it wants)? And do you let things grow in closer to center near the top? Have you tried making more of a ball shaped cage?

Yes, outside the cage, less likely to be burnt. A ball is a good idea... I have not,,, can you post a pic?

I'm sorry I've been absent. My employer out here owes me a months pay and is "too busy to send it"... Fucking prick. I am going to sue him. I'm the third victim. He'll be lucky that's all I am gonna do. I can't take care of my family, and I have done a great job for this guy.

So I started working for a bigger company with a rec license. I think I will be running a greenhouse, but I'm not sure yet. This is their second season, and I'm not sure they see my value, yet. I've spent most of my time, trimming.... :comfort:

I'm not making any money and I am worth millions. Billions. I'm just waiting for that big break. My business plan, including the operations manual will be complete by the end of the week. End to end, seed / clone to sale, scalable, franchisable.

I want to employ other pot felons and give cannabis free to veterans.

I'm ready for the big time, but I'm not sure it's ready for me. Time will tell.

What do you guys think I should do, in the meantime to feed the babies? Sell out, like these other guys who promote garbage products? Write a book? Start a Web site? I am super homelessly broke.

SuperWeed

Eat some mushrooms with people and laugh till boogers fly out your nose!

I would get to eat, but my boys still go hungry bro.

On a lighter note, I hear that shrooms might be a good treatment for my PTSD. I will be telling that story next.

On a serious note, Selling clones is always easy and quick money. Good karma too :)

If I had my own place / cuttings, this would work... :comfort: