Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Get Rid of Fungus Gnats For Good Using Mosquito Dunks

Thread Title Search
Get Rid of Fungus Gnats For Good Using Mosquito Dunks Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-25-2009, 05:32 PM #11
LolaGal

die fungus Gnats Die!

I too, wondered how best to use the Dunk when I got it.

I looked online... no information available anywhere.

At first I crumbled some Dunk and soaked it in a gallon of water. I figured this would do the job. Some Dunk fell on top of the soil in the pot and I left it there. Those were the first to be gnat free.

Then I figured out that I was doing this the hard way.

Since Dunk does not mind being dried out in between waterings, I decided to sprinkle on top of the pot.

My research with this product was all I had to go on.

Sprinkling on top of the pot worked GREAT! No more bothering with soaking in water for me!

Just water the Dunk in after applying, and ALL WILL BE FINE!

If this don't work I will give you all your money back! hahahahahaha

I am 110% certain this is a CURE. In a couple weeks you will have no more FUNGUS GNATS! EVER AGAIN!!!!

However, if you forget and bring in some new soil and forget to treat it! They will be back.

Pre-empt them with adding new DUNK to every new pot of soil you use and NO MORE GNATS!

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:33 PM #12
sns_stealth
Area 51 employee #28494038

sns_stealth will become famous soon enoughsns_stealth will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bong_chat View Post
I already put a sand cap on my pots
Ugh... bad memory there, they just burrowed straight up through it. waste of time and it keeps the soil to wet.
sns_stealth is offline Quote

Old 10-25-2009, 05:33 PM #13
barrelhse

barrelhse is on a distinguished road
I've used these with great success over the years. I crumble into the soil, and keep one floating in a 5 gal bucket that i use to water. I have been gnat-free for a long time, but recently got infested from some gift clones ( must have been Trojan Horse strain). My immediate response to seeing the gnats was to get Mosquito Dunks, cuz I KNOW they work!
barrelhse is offline Quote

Old 10-25-2009, 05:36 PM #14
nomaad

nomaad is a name known to allnomaad is a name known to allnomaad is a name known to allnomaad is a name known to allnomaad is a name known to allnomaad is a name known to allnomaad is a name known to allnomaad is a name known to allnomaad is a name known to allnomaad is a name known to allnomaad is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by sns_stealth View Post
you think thats evil?

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!...lol
that is how i roll. i think i used the same photo in my thread. sick shit, eh?

nomaad is offline Quote

Old 10-25-2009, 05:39 PM #15
indifferent
Banned

indifferent is just really niceindifferent is just really niceindifferent is just really niceindifferent is just really niceindifferent is just really niceindifferent is just really niceindifferent is just really niceindifferent is just really niceindifferent is just really niceindifferent is just really niceindifferent is just really nice
I googled these dunks and they are Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis, can't find a Uk supplier though, will have to keep looking!
indifferent is offline Quote

Old 10-25-2009, 05:43 PM #16
nomaad

nomaad is a name known to allnomaad is a name known to allnomaad is a name known to allnomaad is a name known to allnomaad is a name known to allnomaad is a name known to allnomaad is a name known to allnomaad is a name known to allnomaad is a name known to allnomaad is a name known to allnomaad is a name known to all
there are a number of BT products you could use if you can;t find the dunks.

nomaad is offline Quote

Old 10-25-2009, 05:44 PM #17
LolaGal

yes indifferent, that is the bacillus in them that kills the fungus gnat.

The product info will not tell ya'll that this works on fungus gnats however. There is just not much info out there on this subject.

It does work on fungus gnats though. AND my Grow is 100% Mosquito free too... lol

Old 10-25-2009, 08:15 PM #18
Mr Stinkfist
Banned

Mr Stinkfist will become famous soon enough
Hi Lolagal, I have tried soo many things to try to get on top of these little bastids, including at least two products containing the same bacteria, but they didn't work.

We don't have mosquito dunks in Oz and I've heard similar reports from others so I'll have to import some, can you please tell me which brand you used so I don't waste any more time & money?

Thanks.
Mr Stinkfist is offline Quote

Old 10-26-2009, 03:55 AM #19
barrelhse

barrelhse is on a distinguished road
Here's one I heard today from another grower at work (who gave me gnats with some clones). He said some ladybugs got in his growroom and and ate the gnats, including the dead bodies stuck in the buds. This is hearsay, I can't say about ladybugs because I've never seen it for myself, but it may be worth a try. Sometimes ladybugs can be found for sale at garden centers. I can recommend the Summit Mosquito Dunks for those who can find them- I've avoided a similar product that was shaped like small black fish because it was all chemical, don't know the name.
barrelhse is offline Quote

Old 02-05-2010, 06:01 PM #20
LolaGal

sticky this thread please!

This is a common problem, and new threads are being posted every month on this subject.

Please sticky this thread to help others.

Buy the brand of dunks shown in post by SNS stealth. THose are the ones I use.

Hope this info saves some seeds and crops.