Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Can we please make a Sticky for Powdery Mildew, Bud Rot, etc...

Thread Title Search
Can we please make a Sticky for Powdery Mildew, Bud Rot, etc... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-03-2010, 01:16 PM #41
superpedro
Can't help myself..

superpedro is a jewel in the roughsuperpedro is a jewel in the roughsuperpedro is a jewel in the roughsuperpedro is a jewel in the roughsuperpedro is a jewel in the roughsuperpedro is a jewel in the roughsuperpedro is a jewel in the rough
Finished my small test run.

The bud subjected to UV-C treatments has been harvested, no visual damage

One thing though, and this is important!! UV-C permanently damages your eyes, even with relative small exposures! IMO Only safe long term solution is to hang/place the bulb(s) in your cab/room, and activate it from outside.

I find the cheapest UV-C bulbs in shops dealing with garden pond equipment, and they sell low wattage bulbs that fits in cheap office desk lamps.
It is being proved more effective than any chemical or biological protection against mold and mildew in the trials so far.
I'll return once I get time to translate some of the original information.

The pl-l micro cabs (current grow): C-99 bio filtered aero scrog

Grow, build & DIY: Climate controlled pl-l microcabs
Guide: DIY CO2 injection system
superpedro is offline Quote

Old 01-22-2010, 05:04 PM #42
EddieShoestring
Florist

EddieShoestring is just really niceEddieShoestring is just really niceEddieShoestring is just really niceEddieShoestring is just really niceEddieShoestring is just really niceEddieShoestring is just really niceEddieShoestring is just really niceEddieShoestring is just really niceEddieShoestring is just really nice
i was listening to Gardeners Question Time (GQT) on R4 a couple of years ago and when discussing PM they mentioned someting that i've never come across on forums-an overly dry medium will promote PM. At the time i knew a kiddie who had the worst PM i've ever seen AND he was giving his plants about 1/4 of the water that they required-i think there might be someting to this.

On a personal note i've just started growing ina damp mouldy shit hole and just noticed the beginnings on some plants so am going to hit the place with some horticultural WMD-bummer

eddieS

Old 01-22-2010, 05:10 PM #43
REDEYE_420

Great info guys! Hope I never get the dreaded PM!

Peace.

Old 02-10-2010, 02:31 PM #44
moonie

moonie is on a distinguished road
I dont use any chemical if at all possible. I've had tiny little spots here and there for this current grow so about every 4 days I fill up a 32 oz spray bottle with water, add 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda, and a tablespoon of fresh squeezed lemon juice, not concentrate. And I spray the affected areas and viola! no more PM. Its to acidic for PM to live.
moonie is offline Quote

Old 02-14-2010, 01:02 AM #45
growfosho1

growfosho1 is on a distinguished road
Question Got Milk? Is it really The Cure for Powdery Mildew

Quote:
Originally Posted by may22 View Post
i have PM in now i am going to spray my plants with 10% milk and 90 % wather i found this info on this forum plants are in 6.th week of flowering
Well, did it work? I read somewhere that some scientist in another country discovered that applying 10% milk and 90 % water, actually CURED Pwdery Mildew.. I really would love to know if this is true before using this method. So Does MILK Really Work??
growfosho1 is offline Quote

Old 02-15-2010, 08:37 PM #46
TheGreenReaper

TheGreenReaper has a spectacular aura aboutTheGreenReaper has a spectacular aura aboutTheGreenReaper has a spectacular aura aboutTheGreenReaper has a spectacular aura about
Lemon Juice & Acidic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonie View Post
I dont use any chemical if at all possible. I've had tiny little spots here and there for this current grow so about every 4 days I fill up a 32 oz spray bottle with water, add 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda, and a tablespoon of fresh squeezed lemon juice, not concentrate. And I spray the affected areas and viola! no more PM. Its to acidic for PM to live.
I dont get it moonie. Most of the evidence I have read indicates an alkaline pH on the leaves is the most beneficial to preventing/reducing/eliminating powdery mildew. I was with you till you said the lemon juice. I think the lemon juice should cancel out the baking soda and end with a near nuetral pH depending upon the concentrations mixed - it wont be high alkaline thats for sure. Then you said it is "too acidic" for the PM to live. I am just trying to get a handle on why your mix works (not saying it doesnt) when in my opinion it doesnt quite add up to having what is required to treat PM.

You mention it coming back "about every 4 days". This doesnt seem to me like it is effective at all, are you sure you arent just rinsing off the hyphae(?) - the visible mycellium on the leaf, without really doing anything long term to the PM?
TheGreenReaper is offline Quote

Old 02-19-2010, 01:10 AM #47
GetMedicated

GetMedicated is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by highsteppa View Post
how'd the clevis work?
Clevis worked great. Have not seen any fungi since.
GetMedicated is offline Quote

Old 03-04-2010, 10:43 AM #48
ButterCup

ButterCup is on a distinguished road
Hey guys,

I am very frustrated with PM, I had it my last grow, and it struck back in my second grow. I really don't want to want to end up cutting off buds due to PM.

I have tons of airflow, and I don't have space in my setup to add a heater or dehumidifier.

At the moment I am exactly at the six week mark (day 42). I plan on taking my plants to day 70.

Is it too late to vaporize sulfur.

I read of people saying don't do it after 4 weeks. Then I also hear others say they run it up to the last week with no problems.

I am really confused and frustrated with this matter. Any input would be appreciated.
ButterCup is offline Quote

Old 03-04-2010, 11:08 AM #49
RetroGrow

RetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant futureRetroGrow has a brilliant future
I would go with "Greencure" or baking soda. You can also spray them with skim milk/water mixture. 10 parts water/one part milk. Spray once a week. It works. I would not mess with sulfur at this point.
RetroGrow is offline Quote

Old 03-05-2010, 12:04 AM #50
bterzz

bterzz is a jewel in the roughbterzz is a jewel in the roughbterzz is a jewel in the roughbterzz is a jewel in the roughbterzz is a jewel in the roughbterzz is a jewel in the rough
Quick question about Powdery Mildew--

I stuffed about 60 clones in 1 dome...they got some PM before they even rooted.

They are in the veg room. Some have some spots of PM, but very hard to see considering I trimmed off anything with PM --

I looked at my outdoor gardening sprays --- I have a "SureFire - 3 in 1 garden spray"

https://www.planetnatural.com/site/garden-spray.html

Can be applied directly to fruits and vegetables right up to the day before harvest. OMRI Listed for use in organic production.

Controls powdery mildew, black spot, leaf spot, and rust. Kills aphids, beetles (leaf-feeding), caterpillars (leaf-feeding), crickets, earwigs, lace bugs, leafhoppers, mealybugs, mites, plant bugs, immature scale, thrips, and whiteflies

------

Meaning it CONTROLS PM, not KILLS it.

Can I spray them to control it for now, and find something that will kill it ASAP?

I want to spray them now so it does not spread.

1200w OG Kush Medical Garden - HARVESTED
bterzz is offline Quote