Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Hydro problem

Thread Title Search
Hydro problem Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-27-2018, 03:07 AM #11
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
You literally cannot overwater hydroton. I've run 24/7 drip through it and (as long as root temps are controlled) it does great.

You'll get better results with intermittent floodings. The difference in ring flow does not matter, as long as the hydroton is getting soaked. Set a timer for a minute longer than it takes to soak the pebbles in the slowest watering bucket.

Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-29-2018, 05:51 PM #12
DrDee

DrDee will become famous soon enoughDrDee will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
You literally cannot overwater hydroton. I've run 24/7 drip through it and (as long as root temps are controlled) it does great.

You'll get better results with intermittent floodings. The difference in ring flow does not matter, as long as the hydroton is getting soaked. Set a timer for a minute longer than it takes to soak the pebbles in the slowest watering bucket.
I agree with DC on this issue from personal experience. I also used rockwool transplanted into hydroton with no issue.

I think something is going on with your nutrients. Water soluble does not mean they are OK for hydro. Buy some inexpensive hydro nutes like Maxi series. Bet you have some precipitation action going on. Check bottom of res for granules of nutrients falling out of solution.
JD
DrDee is offline Quote