Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Browning on my first set of real leaves.

Thread Title Search
Browning on my first set of real leaves. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-24-2018, 02:19 AM #11
Infinitelight5D

Infinitelight5D has a spectacular aura aboutInfinitelight5D has a spectacular aura aboutInfinitelight5D has a spectacular aura aboutInfinitelight5D has a spectacular aura about
That pH is ok. I don't like using tap for seedlings just starting off but that's me. Especially hard water, which is what you have. Do you have a Reverse osmosis system? Or any filter system?

I would try that first. It looks like the plant is burned, but I can't be certain. I don't know how that soil mix performs.
For starting seeds I like to use promix, just peat, perlite, dolomite + mycos. Nice and basic to start em.
Infinitelight5D is online now Quote

Old 07-24-2018, 02:25 AM #12
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond repute
Startmix is too rich?
I had a similar problem.

I even had it in my amended outdoor holes. Plagued me for 2 months. Just too aggressive with nutes.

Julian's Massive Outdoor Grow thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=62895
TychoMonolyth is online now Quote

Old 07-25-2018, 05:09 AM #13
BEEFQUAKE

BEEFQUAKE will become famous soon enough

The good news is that she is showing new growth. That's definitely a good sign. The bad news is that the browning issue is steadily getting worse. I've decided to let the soil dry out completely before watering again. I believe being too moist is to blame. Opinions are still welcome.
BEEFQUAKE is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-29-2018, 03:48 PM #14
BEEFQUAKE

BEEFQUAKE will become famous soon enough
Leaf development is obviously stunted. They are small and the browning is progressing. I wish I could say I learned from this, but I'm still not 100% sure what the cause is.

So I made a difficult decision to basically sacrifice this plant in the name of science. I'm about to try a DWC for the first time. I'm sure it will go poorly. So I decided to use this plant as a test, because if I'm going to screw up a plant it might as well be one that's already screwed up.
BEEFQUAKE is offline Quote