What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mixed Ace grow

Xochi

What’s up peeps, first post here. Read on ICmag quite a lot but never posted. Onto my second grow now. I love sativas and my last grow was a couple of hazes, bow I want some real sativas to get my mind going. My next grow is going to be mainly Ace seeds. So I’ve started reading the strain specific diaries and excited to what I’ve let myself in for!

Still waiting for the seeds and hopefully grow tent will be all set up by the end of the weekend. I’m in the U.K.

My set up is;
1.4x1.4x2.2m tent
4x 315w cmh lec sunsystem
8” extraction and 6” intake
Blumats for watering
Soil heating cables
Humidifier for veg
And this grow I’m going to try putting an oil filled radiator outside the tent and my intake sucking air through it.

Seeds are;
Zamaldelica
Malawi x Panama
Panama x Malawi
Purple haze x Malawi
Panama haze

Growing medium;
Going to make a supersoil, made mainly of compost and ewc with added amendments, which I need to check what’s left from last grow. Aim will be to be no till. I will update once I’ve actually made it.

Ordered seeds directly from Ace and had great customer service.

Plan is to veg for a month then flower in a scrog.

Still early days till seeds get popped. Would love to have your inputs. I’m a newbie and still got a lot to learn.

:rasta:

Koondense

Veteran
Will be following this grow for sure, do yo plan to run them all at once? If yes, you'll have a very crowded space pretty soon ;)
Best of luck!

Xochi

I do, I plan on growing 9 plants. I did 9 for my first grow in 5 gal pots straight from seed. I vegged them for a long time in a scrog and a bit during flower. I will upload some pics here to show the space and what I’m thinking.

But looking at diaries now, these ace strains are going to be monsters!

Tangwena

Veteran
I hope your ready for some new experiences my friend you have picked some monster strains with a great range of effects good luck for your coming grow.

Xochi

Thank you Tangwena. Very excited and sure it will be an excellent learning experience. Hope I can do the seeds justice.

I’ve uploaded a few pics of my first grow. It flopped towards the end as I had to put them in a van for a couple days for security reasons. I had some ssh which didn’t survive the other hazes did.

Thinking what I’ll have to do differently. Think I will definitely need to lower the scrog net.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Xochi :)

Thanks for supporting our work and for choosing ACE Seeds for your current sativa grow!

You have chosen a great selection of highly worked sativa strains, i'm sure you won't be disappointed with them. If you are growing in a small tent just make sure you don't veg them for too long and that you keep under control the early flowering stretching using smaller pots until the stretching is over, then transplant to bigger final pots to face the rest of the flowering. Let us know if you have any doubt during their development. Good luck! :yes:

Xochi

Welcome Xochi :)

Thanks for supporting our work and for choosing ACE Seeds for your current sativa grow!

You have chosen a great selection of highly worked sativa strains, i'm sure you won't be disappointed with them. If you are growing in a small tent just make sure you don't veg them for too long and that you keep under control the early flowering stretching using smaller pots until the stretching is over, then transplant to bigger final pots to face the rest of the flowering. Let us know if you have any doubt during their development. Good luck! :yes:

I have a notill set up, I have 9x 25L pots full of “Super soil” and light mix layer on top. It’s taken me a while to set everything up and I’m currently testing the tent setup for light on/off temps. I’ve had the pots sitting for about a week, I’m going to add worms, wanted to add them earlier but had trouble with the underfloor heating and getting good soil temps. I want to let the worms and pot sit for a bit first to make sure the soil isn’t too hot but not too sure with timing and if I can wait.

I was planning on vegging for a month then flipping, depending on size that is. I will post some pictures of my set up which will make it easier to understand.

I had 4x cmh 930s and 4x 942s. I was putting the 942s in for veg and dropped one. It’s not working and replaced with a 930 for now. In that small space I think the red from the other lights will create a higher ratio under the light and vice eras in veg so shouldn’t be a problem.

Xochi

Planted the seeds directly into the pots. Covered with cling film as humidity is currently very low, think it is because intake and outtake are on the same side of the tent along with the humidifier. I’m going to extend the intake today so it is on the other side of the tent.

Still no idea on whether to scrog yet or use stakes to keep up tops. I want to veg for a month max. And maximise York’s as I can’t grow often.

Added photos to album not sure how to put them into post on my phone

Xochi

This may be over before it’s started. I have found symphilids in the soil. Looking online there’s no effective control. I am going to try mosquito dunks as bti apparently helps.

Also went to see how seeds are doing and couldn’t find the panxmal I think when I watered it sunk down as I was using a jug. I should be using a spray bottle at this point but couldn’t find it. Going to reorder some seeds just in case these flop.

Xochi

All ace seeds have popped and growing. The Panama haze is looking a little yellow. Not sure if the others look fine or not. They seem to be curling a bit and just look like somethings up. Think it may be under or over watering or low humidity. Got a new humidifier in there now. So hopefully the humidity goes up.

I’m on my phone and don’t know how to put pics in post from my album. I have updated my album if you want to see pics.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I have no idea how to add pictures on mobile, but I will try to link your album here.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=79330
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

Xochi

Uploaded a couple more pictures from yesterday and today. I have installed blumats in 5 out of 9 pots. There is a lot of growth difference between the plants. Think I need to start training very soon! The tent is 2.2m high. Pots are about 40cm and lights are subsystem Lec around 60cm so left with 1.2m growspace. Having just typed that it seems a bit small will measure when I can. Also still thinking when to flip, I want to make most of the space so want the smaller ones to grow more first but don’t want the niger plants to get too big! They’re growing so fast.

8/9 plants are now ace seeds. Got a haze x Kali China and a panama x Bhangi haze too

Xochi

Uploaded a pic from today. Measured the tent and there’s 160cm from pot to light. They’re sun system lec 315 so ideally keep at least 30cm away from light? That leaves 130cm. Not sure how long they are free standing as they’ve been trained. But there’s branches ranging from 10-30/40cm. There’s 3 big plants, 5 medium and an oriental express that’s germinated on its first set of leaves. I want the medium ones to get bigger, as you can see from the last pic I uploaded there’s a couple small plants I want to get bigger before flip, but that means letting the big ones grow bigger too. Not sure if they will get too big for the tent.

Any thoughts/ideas?

Xochi

Added a new pic from yesterday. Given the height available not sure if they’re ready to flip? Any thoughts anyone?

Hi Xochi. I took a look at your recent pics and I have to tell you, your garden looks fantastic. I’d love to hear more details of your about your soil mix.

I’m also in the UK, used to live in Canada, and I found it was a lot easier in Canada to get all the good organic amendments than it is here.

I’ve grown most of the ace strains in your current grow. I haven’t done the pan/Malawi crosses but I’ve grown them both seperately. I’d say that a good rule of thumb is to give them room to double or triple in size. You might find it getting pretty crowded in there. Last year I grew a Panama haze that flowered at about 18” and ended up well over 4’ Tall with lots of bending so it also turned out quite wide. I’ve also had malawis that turned out absolutely huge. So be careful to not overveg or you’ll have yourself a jungle.

Really excited to see how your grow turns out. Anything I’ve grown that has Malawi in it has been massively potent. I think you will agree. Makes for some awkward social interactions sometimes lol.

Xochi

Yo Pandy you’ve grown some monsters! How long did you veg for if you remember?

Soil mix is a mixture of; bat mix, vermicompost, and a bit of light mix I think. The added some biobizz premix, eco thrive charge, bat guano, dolomite, and a few other things I can’t remember atm. I’ll get the full list.

I make it in four layers. First layer heavy amendments, about 1:1 worm humour to bat mix, second layer less amendments same soil mix, third mix a lot less amendments and worm humous, a lot less bat mix and light mix, and top layer is light mix. I use a 1 and 2L jug, and just bang it all in. I don’t measure it and each pot is different depending on how I feel. I did use some fungi too can’t remember the names. And also initially watered with biobizz. There is a lot going on in there. Plan is to just water rest of grow with a tea here or there. 5/9 plants have blumats, need to set the rest up. I also grew a clover cover crop but think I used enough to cover a few acres, it was going wild so dense, and even when I chopped it seeds deep down kept sprouting, luckily that was before I planted the canna seeds.

Xochi

Got a new pic from today. This will be my reference for before flip. Will flip the lights tomorrow.

Latest posts

Latest posts