What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama x Honduras and Golden Tiger plus friends

Tangwena

Veteran
Here you go my friend this was 3 hours fishing at sunset. Like a dream warm no wind and great fishing as the sun set.

Tangwena

Veteran
Heres 3 hours fishing in the morning the big cod was 990mm I got 3 in about an hour and then came back for a well earned rest I couldn't hold the rod any more my wrist was so sore ha ha.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

SolarLogos

Heres 3 hours fishing in the morning the big cod was 990mm I got 3 in about an hour and then came back for a well earned rest I couldn't hold the rod any more my wrist was so sore ha ha.

View Image View Image View Image View Image View Image
I caught a few of mutton cod in Florida. All we had in the kitchen back at our room was salt and butter. Thank God there wasn't any other spices or I would have ruined it. Just lightly cooked med-high heat in a skillet, salt, light butter to keep it from sticking. Nothing like fresh Cod fillets. Your going to have some good eatin my friend.
Peace, God bless

Last edited:

brickweeder

looks like sand bass (maybe grouper) and some kind of croaker...nice catch. Try the bass steamed, chinese style...

Tangwena

Veteran
All good recipes my friends I love fish I eat it raw off the bone as I fillet them and of course cooked.
I look after the fillets cutting them into meals after having washed them in slightly salted water with a spoon of lemon juice in a gallon of ice cold water then, drained and vacuum sealed in packets then frozen.
They stay sweet for up to 3 months and good up to 5.
I brought back 30kg of fillets should last me and the family for 3 months then back up to hit the snapper ha ha.
The fishing options are endless where I go in Sharks Bay, Western Australia.

Tangwena

Veteran
That sunset is so beautiful my friend, you really know how to live. Are you a water sign?
Peace, God bless
No water sign but the dawn and sunset are always the best times on the water.
You see the place come alive with Dugongs (like a manitee), turtles and dolphins plus all the birds diving on the fish its magic.
Of course you also get the trouble makers ha ha.
Last two pics a young Tiger shark they come in to breed the mature ones are huge ocean going sharks.
They are so big when I see them I double check that all the bungs are inserted in the boat ha ha.
I'm not kidding I actually do check its quite a shock when you see how big and majestic they are and your on the menu ha ha.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

brickweeder

...I love fish I eat it raw off the bone as I fillet them...
I haven't done this yet, when I fillet after a 10 day, its a 2-man 12-hour fillet session, 1500+ lbs of fish is a drag to process, but the sashimi meals are to die for.

I did find some nematodes coiled up in small blisters on the inside of the stomach pouch in some bottom dwellers, ever since then, I don't like to eat raw fish without a close inspection.

Those fishing grounds look killer, you should break out the fly rod, you lucky bastard!

Tangwena

Veteran
I haven't done this yet, when I fillet after a 10 day, its a 2-man 12-hour fillet session, 1500+ lbs of fish is a drag to process, but the sashimi meals are to die for.

I did find some nematodes coiled up in small blisters on the inside of the stomach pouch in some bottom dwellers, ever since then, I don't like to eat raw fish without a close inspection.

Those fishing grounds look killer, you should break out the fly rod, you lucky bastard!
I saw 2 guys come up last year with 10 weight fly gear and a fly fishing punt.
They had a ball over the coral flats sight casting to all kinds of fish.
They lost heaps of tackle though the coral bombies will cut any line like cotton if it touches one, especially under load ha ha.

Sometimes even 50lb line just snaps like cotton on the coral.
Sounds like your on a commercial boat with all that filleting man.
It kind of looses its shine after an hour hey?

brickweeder

...Sounds like your on a commercial boat with all that filleting man.

yeah, commercial, mostly for bluefin and yellowfin, but sometimes an occasional wahoo. They throw the fish is RSW holds, and we fillet after the return home. Try to time the end of the trip to coincide within a day (2 max) of trash pickup.

...It kind of looses its shine after an hour hey?

So true, and in the case of mahi mahi, the colors start fading within minutes, I hate to keep mah mahi for this reason, but they taste so good, especially with an ice cold pacifico.

Thanks for posting your awesome fishing pics, good to see that life is good.

S

Sertaiz

make compost with the heads/spines.... a wood chipper would be best but i just jam whole chunks in an imo 5 gallon bucket with water and a brick and wait till the smell goes down a little..

i gotta get out on the water. going tommorow am from the yak. fixing the boat still

your shark pics give me the spooks, i go at night with bait from yak and its a funny feeling by yourself out there

S

Sertaiz

have a few panama x honduras seeds, the bugs ate a few, so sad... i beefed up security after i noticed it.... also battling fungus gnats... but the panama white hair pheno has been a wonderful surreal peaceful thing, i only have a little and am making it last, so no cobs or big joints even, but she is beautiful, and i am sprouting another few panamas to get a male to cross with my cross from snow..

Tangwena

Veteran
make compost with the heads/spines.... a wood chipper would be best but i just jam whole chunks in an imo 5 gallon bucket with water and a brick and wait till the smell goes down a little..

i gotta get out on the water. going tommorow am from the yak. fixing the boat still

your shark pics give me the spooks, i go at night with bait from yak and its a funny feeling by yourself out there
Funny you should say that night fishing about 100m from the beach in a 10 foot dinghy I caught a big remora the fish that stick onto big sharks and whales.
I couldn't get the thought that it was riding on something huge under the tiny boat out of my head and after 30 mins I went ashore it was spooky alright.

S

Sertaiz

hahahahahaha yup. i get those spooks, but if someone else is there i dont.
and if i am there for hours and hours, i get more comfortable, but its always spooky at night by yourself..... its like church really, how good have you been... the dolphins are light priests and the sharks are like the dark priests.

Tangwena

Veteran
PANAMA X PURPLE HAZE FEM

PANAMA X PURPLE HAZE FEM

I had a single seed of this freebie from Dubi left as I had given the others to friends never to hear from them again ha ha.
Probably got a forest of clones growing now ha ha.

Anyway back to the plant its growing with limited sun in a stealth grow in the last of what passes for Autumn in my part of the world.

So its got nothing going for it but still manages to shine.

Its different smell to any Panama I have grown despite looking like one it is less floral which to me equates to more trippy once cured ha ha.
Talking of tripping I'm on my 3rd day straight on the Malawi x Ethiopian cob I grew from a clone of the sexiest M x E plants I grew.

Yesterday I spent helping demolish a house ha ha.
It was the funniest day I've spent breaking things in a long time.
I only dropped in (I wasn't driving ha ha) for a visit and ended up having the craziest tripping energy driven day.

Its good I arrived there when I did or I might have been climbing the walls ha ha.
Just starting to go up again now I feel so super confident. I have to remind myself I cant drive safely.
All I can do is fly in someone elses body ha ha so f ing good man.

I get side tracked easily haha heres the pics.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Tangwena

Veteran
Panama x Purple Haze fem

Panama x Purple Haze fem

Getting closer I reckon next full moon should be good.
The smell is very exciting much more fuel smell to the buds despite looking very much like Panama expecting to trip on these once cobbed

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

SolarLogos

The smell is very exciting much more fuel smell to the buds despite looking very much like Panama expecting to trip on these once cobbed

View Image View Image View Image View Image

You know Tang, all your grow pics do is make me want to go out and buy more Ace seeds. Every time I see your pics of these huge frosty colas I always say, "I want that one next". You pick really killer crosses and strains. I'm still saying it, you should be the official Ace spokesperson. That's a sweet looking pan haze my friend.
Peace, God bless

Tangwena

Veteran
You know Tang, all your grow pics do is make me want to go out and buy more Ace seeds. Every time I see your pics of these huge frosty colas I always say, "I want that one next". You pick really killer crosses and strains. I'm still saying it, you should be the official Ace spokesperson. That's a sweet looking pan haze my friend.
Peace, God bless
Thanks my friend I just wish I could grow them openly like you instead of shitting myself and having to torture them like I have to.
I am loving the aromas of this one. The best smelling herbs are the South American and Africans to me.
Ace have the best gear I have ever seen and I love the descriptions on the web site as well always spot on.
I think if you love sativa type highs you need look no further they know their stuff thats for sure.

m0lecule

Bump Tangwena! How did the Panama x Purple Haze turn out? I also have an older limited edition Purple Haze x Purple Panama from dubi I want to get to.

Great thread and thanks for all the cob info. I too, am an old timer and nug nibbler. ��

SolarLogos

View Image View Image View Image View Image
Bump Tangwena! How did the Panama x Purple Haze turn out? I also have an older limited edition Purple Haze x Purple Panama from dubi I want to get to.

Great thread and thanks for all the cob info. I too, am an old timer and nug nibbler. ��
Hey Tang, I too was wondering when you were taking this down. Do you have any pics from the day of chop? How long did it go?
Thanks my friend, you did a great job again as usual:tiphat: She is gorgeous!

Peace, God bless