What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
I hope everyone had a great weekend. I know I did. I went boating on Saturday after work and brought out a couple peeps from work and we had a nice time. Sunday my bro and I went disc golfing, rode our motorbikes a bit and went down to see some live music. I am really digging this place we've been seeing live music this summer. It's a bar called The Bunker. It's an interesting place, kind of a military theme with 2 full sized planes, 1 attack helicopter, and a big fucken tank on the grounds. It's also a biker bar. And then there are the hippies that show up for the hippie jam band music. Kind of a strange mix of people but it works. Here are a couple pics of the band and the space out back of the bar where they have the music.

@pop_rocks. Don't get me wrong, I love grits with salt pepper and butter, especially if ther is bacon or sausage on the side. But I also like them with cheese and jalapeño or other peppers or with other savory stuff in them too. It's hard to even find grits in the store here and you rarely see them on a menu. Hominey is something they I've heard the name of but don't know anything about. What's it like?
I bet you are getting excited to get through this week and get up,to the mountains. I hope you have great weather and get to get a look through that telescope! I will look up palomar mountan so I've got an idea of where your at.
I hope you had a great weekend too buddy!

@Tonygreen. Thanks for stopping by! I love my gorilla bubble bx1f1 keeper and can't wait to try some other of your handy work. Only problem is it's so skunky and sour that I can't grow it during summer because it stinks up my house so much during the drying that I'm afrade my neighbors can smell it LOL. I hope all is well with you!

@Rodehazrd. Looking great man! I hope we can all be free to grow our herbs without having to worry about the choppers someday.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that place looks rad fiddy! nice corsair
/can you get a pic of the chopper and tank next time you stop by?
it looks like a lot of fun
so we arent going camping this weekend after all
the campground notified us this weekend that they are going to be closed for the rest of the year due to covid
it dosent make sense that the governor is closing up campground and open spaces but leaving beaches open
we are looking at our options and might have to just hit up some blm land
still, check out the palomar mt observatory if you can
its a cool spot in the mountains with a great big telescope
unfortunately, its a summer type camp out unless you want to break out your cold weather gear
/it snows up there
i will post up some new pics here of the girls
hope you are having a great day and your week is kicking ass brother

Rodehazrd

Fiddy that's a surreal place for a concert. And the melange of folk warms the soul. Instead of tolerating our differences you seem to revel in them.
I hear you on the smell my RIL is stinking in the veg room. I'll get some pix up soon the roots are out of the bottom of the 3 gal pots and time to go into 7 gal fabrics. I like to repot outside and will get shots then. I have four really stretching out and I had to take off several inches of top to keep them somewhat under control. If one is a male I want to dust my long bottom x skunk and one of the goji f2's.
Yeah man the grit belt starts around the ohio river for me north of there its hash browns.

Pop I only get about 6 good hours the rest is dappled light. I do have my eye on a chestnut oak would add an hour of afternoon sun. Would feed my boiler for a few days too. I am fearful though of some state cops flying up the holler looking for Johny Boone,
I'll likely just settle for what it is.
Stay safe out there among them.

DoloDankness

what's up everybody, was lucky enough to spend a longer time with my girlfriend last week. We just hung out and watched this series we just got into called Dexter on Netflix. If you guys like the serial killer movies you'll love this series. I need to get my shit together here for next run. I have some beans from a company in Canada named Jakar Genetics that I'm going to be testing. There's a strain called (Purple Ice x GDP) x (Godskunk x The Ox) and another one that's NYC Diesel x (Godskunk x The Ox). They're supposed to be some old school genetics so im excited to see what comes out of those. The garden has exploded again this week and I will have pics up after this post. Didn't do too much this weekend just chilled with the fam and had a little cookout.

@ Fiddy That concert area looks very cool man, good place for everyone to come together and chill out. What kind of motorbike do you have? I've always wanted one but just haven't had the funds. The freedom of riding on two wheels is amazing lol. Glad to see you had a good weekend.

@ pop_rocks That sucks your plans got ruined. I hope they at least made it right with a refund or the option to schedule for next year. most things that the government tells us to do doesn't make any sense lol.

@ Rodehazard those crosses sound nice bro!! hope you can find a nice male.

packerfan79

Veteran
that place looks rad fiddy! nice corsair
/can you get a pic of the chopper and tank next time you stop by?
it looks like a lot of fun
so we arent going camping this weekend after all
the campground notified us this weekend that they are going to be closed for the rest of the year due to covid
it dosent make sense that the governor is closing up campground and open spaces but leaving beaches open
we are looking at our options and might have to just hit up some blm land
still, check out the palomar mt observatory if you can
its a cool spot in the mountains with a great big telescope
unfortunately, its a summer type camp out unless you want to break out your cold weather gear
/it snows up there
i will post up some new pics here of the girls
hope you are having a great day and your week is kicking ass brother

Damn Pop Rocks, that sucks. I guess we got in just under the wire. FUCK NEWSOM. Time to go sign the recall. No ban on protest, but ban everything else. I really doubt people are going to go for it again, especially when you aren't banning the activity that caused the surge (blm protest). I hate this state more everyday.

On a bright note the wife is starting her masters next month. She's going to the University of Arizona online. Kinda cool. My aunt, grandma, and her grandparents live just outside of Tucson. So we should be able to have her walk with her class and have some family there.

. Her grandparents ranch is our bugout, shtf spot. The family has been on the land for 150 years. At one point they had 10 sq. Miles. It's been divided up for the family members who stayed on the property.

I hope you can find a spot to dry camp.

I can't wait for the kids to get a little older, so, we can do some backpacking.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening brother! hope you guys had a great trip p'man
we totally missed out on our camping trip
the boy just got back from camping at a place closer to home with his friends (dos picos) and we were all excited about heading out together tp palomar
im kind of with you and say #f'newsom
he hasnt handled the pandemic well and its hurting the state more and more every week
but lets keep the beaches open and let people flaunt the mask requirements
good on your wife for continuing her education and i hope she does well
it seems like more and more classes are going online but it would be fun for you guys to take a trip out to the zone' for her graduation
that sounds like a nice place to bug out to
with that much land you can situate things to your advantage plus it wouldent be hard to be self sufficient

happening doh
sounds like you had a fun weekend
its tough being in a long distance relationship but you make the most of the time you have
sounds like you are building quite the little arsenal of sees there
what do you think you are going to run with on your next grow

happening rhode! hope you are doing well on your end too brother
have you grown in this spot before? it looks improved with the terraces cut into the hill so it might be worth cutting down the tree; but if it opens up major sight lines it might not be worth it
nice and low is the way to go and its not about the buds you could have harvest
stay safe friend

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
so i was able to visit with my friend and check out the plants last week
so the one we thought was a male (plant#3) is looking very manish but the second one might not be a male after all
/just a leggier female
i will make the final call here soon and have to get the plants i have under a t-5 over to his house soon
buckle up and enjoy the ride

here is the group shot

picture.php

View image in gallery

and plant #1
/most likely female

here is plant #2

and this is plant #3, most likely male

we are sticking to the idea of saving some pollen from this guy if it is a male
i dont know if we will use it this year, but i am thinking of firing up the lights again this off season so i could always do a seed run or something like that over the fall/winter
we will see what we decide , ill heading over later this week

hope everyone is having a great week and getting the most out of their summer days!

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
Happy hump day!

@pop_rocks. It's an interesting place to say the least. Inside the walls are covered with other war memorabilia like rocket launchers and machine guns. I will get a pic of the chopper and tank next time.
That's such a let down about your camping trip. I hope you find an alternate location or do day trips to the aria instead. There are some very strange decisions being made these days and I doubt that our safety is the primary concern. It seems that there are lots of over reactions and some under reactions but not much common sense. I guess the world has been headed that directly for a bit now and maybe it shouldn't be a surprise. Are private campgrounds closed too?
Your plants are looking great! They look like they are preying and very happy. They are going to be some tall and bushy ladys! Even if #3 is a boy two out of three isn't bad as they say. Love the color too are you feeding them much?
I hope your having a good week so far!

@Rodehazrd. It's a strange place for hippie jam music for sure but it works. And if you didn't know and just pulled up to the place it would be really intimidating, with all the war memorabilia and sometimes as many as 100 bikes out front and bikers all over the place. But again somehow it works and we all get along just fine. It's fun to revel in our differences from time to time and find we have much more in common.
If your RIL is loud in veg I can't wait to hear how much she stinks in late flower. My GB makes a little noise in veg but really stinks at the end. It's not a big deal while she is in the tent because the carbon filter keeps it under control but at harvest it really stinks up the house and even permeates outside. Your idea to hit the LBL X skunk and the goji sounds like a great one. I hope you get a nice aggressive male to make those crosses.
I'm glad things are going well for you and I hope your garden is having its best year yet!

@DoloDankness. I glad you got to spend extra time with your lady last week. You never know how much time you have with someone and your only young once so spend as much time as you can. I haven't seen Dexter but I think I've seen previews of it and it looked like something I'd like.
Those new genetics sound great. I've only heard of the NYC diesel and the GDP but both of those are pretty old school. Keep us posted!
I've had many, many bikes over the years. Everything from old 70's enduros like Yamaha DT's and Suzuki TS's to sport bikes like CBR's and GSXR's to sport touring bikes like Honda ST 11 & 1300's and Yamaha FJR's and even some motor cross and supermoto bikes. I've been riding since I was just a few years old and I've worked in the bike industry for most of my adult life. My advise is to try riding if you think you might like it, but I'd start off road if I were you because the cars on the road will run you over or pull out right in front of you and wreck your day.

@Packerfan. It's funny that you guys mention Gavin Newsom, he was a young politician in San Fran when I lived in the bay aria. You could tell back then that he was a pro, never a hair out of place of a word misspoke. Those career politicians are the most disconnected out there. Never had to work a day and been part of the elite their whole lives. I hope you guys can push back from the powers that be but I know that's not an easy task. It's become so political and common sense is out the window. I really hope this dosent go on for the next year or years.
I'm glad you got your trip in and I hope you had a great time!
Like pop said continuing education is a great thing and I hope your wife makes quick work of the program.
That family place out in AZ sounds great.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
sounds like a fun place f'nut and it looks like a good venue for local music
the governor has totally dropped the ball as far as this covid thing goes here in california and its become a real shit show
this will most likely be the last straw for a lot of smaller/ med sized businesses and the reaction has only made it worse
so far i haven had to amend the feedings for the plants
we used a really good soil that i started last year and it should be enough to get them through a few more weeks of vigorous growth
/i will probably top dress with some worm casting here at some point
i still need to get in there and trim up the bottom and get some stakes in for added support
hope you are having a great week too brother
got any plans for the weekend?
im heading over to my buddies place tomorrow and will be bringing a few more plants over

packerfan79

Veteran
the governor has totally dropped the ball as far as this covid thing goes here in california and its become a real shit show
this will most likely be the last straw for a lot of smaller/ med sized businesses and the reaction has only made it worse
we used a really good soil that i started last year and it should be enough to get them through a few more weeks of vigorous growth
i still need to get in there and trim up the bottom and get some stakes in for added support
im heading over to my buddies place tomorrow and will be bringing a few more plants over

Hey Pop Rocks,

Check out recreation.gov. I believe the campgrounds under the feds are still open. You might be able to find somewhere to go camp.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
thanks brother
we usually book through that site and i found a whole list of places that could be open during the covid closures but no one took the ball and ran with it; ive been kind of busy with other stuff
now its kind of last minute for any place
/ i have my gear packed but i doubt we will go

Fiddynut

Greetings pop_rocks.
It seems like a lot of our officials have made a lot of mistakes in the past few months. Obviously this is all new for them and all of us but it dosent mean we should throw common sense out the window. I think that they are getting a lot of conflicting information from the "experts" and having a hard time figuring out practices that will work in the real world. For a time there my neighbors in Michigan were banned from going fishing in a boat by themselves. How does that type of policy even come about let alone make sense? I hope for the best but I fear that you are right about this being the beginning of a second wave of hardships for small and medium businesses.
That's cool that you have a great soil and your buddy can just add water. Speaking of soil, my normal place hasn't had happy frog and I've been out since the last pot up. I was really having to look around to find some and thought I may have to switch to something else but I finally found some. I wonder if there is a shortage or something? It also makes me think that my style is kind of dependent on certain products and if those became unavailable I'd have to figure something out.
I hope everything goes well at your buddies with the reinforcements.
Not sure what's going on this weekend but it's supposed to be supe hot here so probably hang out on the boat and in the water.

DoloDankness

Hey guys I finally got to posting those damn pictures. I have been really busy lately but I should be back regularly soon after I finally get this damn laptop screen fixed lol. Went to the course the other day with a friend to play 18. We played a scramble which is basically best ball. We didn't do too bad but we should've definitely shot under par lol.

@pop_rocks yea brother we try! I've recently been getting these pre pressed burgers from my local grocery store and they're made with rib and brisket meat. They sounded too good to pass up lol. Probably gonna try em out this weekend.

@Fiddy Yessir!! Thats really awesome man, I've ridden a few dirt bikes before and I have a small 125 four stroke. I need a bike when I'm a few years older haha. It's in my genes.

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
Happy Friday!

@DoloDankness. I'm glad that you got to get out on the course. Best ball sounds like fun and it might be interesting to try something like that on the disc golf course.
Riding off road allows you to concentrate on your riding without all the distractions and danger of cars and trucks. Once you can ride without having to think about what your doing then you will be ready to ride on the road. I've been riding so long that it's automatic. I get on and the bike rides itself, it's all muscle memory. To survive on the road 100% of your attention needs to be on the traffic around you. You need to have an escape plan for every car and truck out there. You need to pretend they they are all trying to run you over and always have a way to avoid them. Even and especially the cars behind you. Always looking and planning your escape. Trust me that is the only way to have a chance out there, you can't trust that they see you or even care if the run you down. Just assume everyone is looking down at there phone. Even if you practice this you can still get hurt or killed at any time out there. I've been banged and broken up a number of times and it's no fun. Lots of my ridding buddies over the years haven't been that lucky and are no longer with us. But I know what you mean about it being in your genes. Same with me my dad got me riding when I was young and I wouldn't have it any other way.

DoloDankness

Yea Fiddy I absolutely agree, I need more time on a bike before I choose to ride one on the road. One of my dads friends had passed away on a ride he was on, like a very large group of riders not just 3-4 people. Probably around 50-80 sometimes over 100 bikers. Mostly on crotch rockets so they were doin stupid shit on the highways and it ended badly. I think the worst thing I did so far was pinch my hands with my clutch and brake trying to fit somewhere I can't lmfao. Thanks for looking out for me brother and the advice on always finding an escape plan.

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend and your week is getting off to a good start.
I spent some time with family at my moms place on Saturday after work. My step sister and her husband and kid are headed back to Cali this week after an extend visit. I think they have been here since early June. They were sick of the lock down and came here hoping that when they went back things would be relaxed but it looks like they are going back to lockdown 2.0. It was nice to visit with them and other family members. Sunday was hot and we spent most of the afternoon on the boat.
In other news is anyone excited about baseball starting up this week? I didn't think a season was going to happen but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the shortened season is a good one for my Brewers. This should provide some needed distraction and entertainment for a lot of people out there.

@DoloDankness. Sorry if I sound like a broken record so to speak but I just want you to be as safe as possable on a bike. Biking is and should be fun but it's no fun being in a hospital bed or worse yet in a wheel chair or dead.
Those big group rides can be a lot of fun. When I lived in Cali I use to go on some big rides with hundreds of bikes and this was late 90's early 2000's so sport bikes and stunting were the in thing. Doing stupid shit was mandatory. Usually in a big group someone would crash early and the big group would break off into many smaller groups but we would all meet up at whatever the destination was.
I hope your having a good Monday!

DoloDankness

Hey y’all I had a nice weekend with my girlfriend we went to my aunts house and she has a really nice pool and they weren’t home so we were allowed to puff out there which was really cool. Spending the nights at a buddies house tonight since we didn’t get to hangout on 7/10.

@ Fiddy No I understand why you are repeating to be safe brother. Being on a bike is the most unsafe way to travel in my opinion but the joy of being so in control of that machine is really nice to me. I’m not into doing that crazy stuff bro so you won’t have to worry about that with me haha. It sounds odd but I just like being alone and having that control.

Hope everybody has a good start to the week

Rodehazrd

Hello Jungle Tribe
This steamy weather has me worried about the PM in my outdoor garden. I need to get some green cure.or such. Pineapple Express flowering for a week. I want to stay ahead of it this year.
Fiddy here's a shot of a TGRIL they fill the pots faster than I can make room. I'll be hanging all my leds and CFL In flowering to try to cover. I don't expect to move out males till after some time in flower. Anybody here ever save pollen?
I still have my old tent thinking of a ganja bang chamber In the fall.

Attachments

• 20200721_065922.jpg
    20200721_065922.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 11

Fiddynut

Hey y’all I had a nice weekend with my girlfriend we went to my aunts house and she has a really nice pool and they weren’t home so we were allowed to puff out there which was really cool. Spending the nights at a buddies house tonight since we didn’t get to hangout on 7/10.

@ Fiddy No I understand why you are repeating to be safe brother. Being on a bike is the most unsafe way to travel in my opinion but the joy of being so in control of that machine is really nice to me. I’m not into doing that crazy stuff bro so you won’t have to worry about that with me haha. It sounds odd but I just like being alone and having that control.

Hope everybody has a good start to the week

Greetings DoloDankness. I'm glad you had a nice weekend! Your aunt must be pretty cool.to let you hang out in her pool when she isn't around. If it was as hot by you as it was here last weekend in sure you were grateful to have that option. Puffing poolside is high class for sure.
I'm sure you will be a responsible rider and you'll be just fine out there! I've been doing stupid shit on bikes for over 30 years and that's not what scares me. Having to trust the idiots in there cars not to drive right through you is a different story.

Hello Jungle Tribe
This steamy weather has me worried about the PM in my outdoor garden. I need to get some green cure.or such. Pineapple Express flowering for a week. I want to stay ahead of it this year.
Fiddy here's a shot of a TGRIL they fill the pots faster than I can make room. I'll be hanging all my leds and CFL In flowering to try to cover. I don't expect to move out males till after some time in flower. Anybody here ever save pollen?
I still have my old tent thinking of a ganja bang chamber In the fall.

Greetings Rodehazrd. It sure has been not and steamy, even up here, this summer. We've had a few cool summer's in a row the last few years and my AC is getting a work out. I'm hoping for nice dry fall for you and your harvest!
Wow the roots on that TGRIL are nuts. She is one healthy girl!
I haven't saved any pollen or even kept a male long enough to harvest any but I've read about collecting and storing in a dry cold environment for use later.
Using an old grow tent for a breeding room is a great idea!