What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hush's hidey hole

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Well I just harvested the two Vietnamese phenos and they both were full of mold. That sucks. One was severely affected and the entire top cola had to be thrown away. The other one only had a piece that I was able to excise. But I lost a good amount of bud. Probably 3 quarters of an ounce. Oh well, you win some you lose some.

On the bright side, the cola pictured on the previous page is fire, and is getting me nicely medicated. I'm hoping to reveg that pheno.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I just had some issue's with mold in some buds from seeds I made years ago. One had buds between the size of a baseball and softball, all of those large buds had mold in the centers. Her sisters, didn't have any mold except for one larger bud from the plant that was next to her. The others, the bud structure wasn't as tight in the center of the buds.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I believe that the mold could be alleviated with training, to not allow gigantic colas, but at the same time, I'm just not interested in plants that have a natural inclination towards mold. So it's easy to let those plants go. Fortunately, I've only ever dealt with mold very rarely in my decades of growing. It doesn't shock me that the largest, densest buds I've ever grown also went moldy.

Anyway, the other phenos had no mold, so I'll just keep those instead. :D

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Alright, so tonight I moved the PCKs to the larger tent, under the HPS. They are on day 0 of 12/12.

20aarso.jpg

I'm excited to flower these out!

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Here's a bud from the tall Vietnamese pheno I'm keeping. This is as manicured as it's gonna get. These are delicate, airy flowers. This one came from a side branch. I'll post more pics as I manicure the main cola.

9rk1ag.jpg

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
So, with the Orient, what did you attribute the mold to?

The buds are just really huge. Like, really huge. Football sized. And dense. So it was just a mold paradise, probably. I would have had to use serious air circulation and probably dehumidifier to deal with it. I grow in a tent with a flood and drain table, so that means it's not a dry environment in there.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
PCK day 12 of 12/12

2wpmqh5.jpg

I recently removed 3 males. So there are 6 left, and I think they're all female. The males will be flowered out away from the girls.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
A few quick crappy pics, day 26:

e156hj.jpg

They have a nice structure. Very old world indica.

ohl0dl.jpg

There's some purple happening in there:

2rhwvmt.jpg

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I just now read through this thread again. Catching myself up on where I left off. Anyway, I am around these days. I just stopped posting in here. Hmm. I'm going to have to resurrect this thread, for sure.

But I'm mad that my pics on the last few pages are gone. I should have never stopped using imgur.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Thanks, friend. Check out the links in my signature to see what I've been up to the past couple of months. But I will definitely be opening this thread back up and using it for its intended purpose again: to keep everything all in one place.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Now that this thread is back on my radar again, I'mma use it.

ZnstfG9.jpg

I just harvested my small garden, and I just learned that it is confirmed that I will be receiving some testers from Female Seeds to put in here next. Because I'm doing tests for them, I will be dedicating a separate thread to them, in their subforum. But I'll try to post some updates in this journal from time to time.

I'll be receiving seeds of two varieties: Skunk Special and OG Chem. Not sure what I'll start with, but it's exciting to have some new genetics coming into my grow room. Check my signature for a link to the new journal when it happens...

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I'm gearing up to start a new garden soon... Got my Female Seeds testers in the mail. First up will be a OG Chem grow, so stay tuned for that. Also I've started some other various seeds for breeding projects, and I'll be setting up spaces for those as well.

I'm vaping on some Durban Poison that I got from my favorite dispensary in Pueblo (Mesa Organics) right now, and this stuff tastes delicious! I don't think I've ever had Durban genetics before, or this would be familiar. Just really different, that's all. Smells and tastes awesome. I think I'm gonna hunt down some DP seeds now! I'm in love.