What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ErdPurt

squatty

I'm interested in this also. I grew Erdpurt at 45 degrees North last summer. Started them indoors and had them out by June 1. I got two phenos one purple and one green. The purple was cut Oct 11 as we were getting rain and I had some catterpillars. The green was cut shortly after that but it could easily have gone two weeks longer.

corky1968

Veteran
I really hope these are available in regular form in late Winter 2016 for my early 2017 gardening. :huggg:

My 2016 year is booked up already.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I wonder how the ErdPurt would do at 51/52 N in western Canada?
what elevation were these best suited for as well?

Hi Tynehead Tom,

Other growers have finished correctly ErdPurt around 50ºN latitude, ErdPurt works very well at certain elevation too.

If there are no strong frosts in September in your location then you should be able to finish them properly.

jay sus

put 5 erdpurt,5 lebanese and 5 sinai seeds soaking today. bit late for outdoor, but then again, when i woke up today, there was snow outside. maybe half guerilla, half balcony?

jay sus

all of those germed but 1 sinai. all erdpurts have sprouted, rest not yet. some autos for od too have sprouted

andrius

looking for something new for 55 lat ,for greenhouse growing in next year . and Edpurts reviews looks fine ..BUT flowering TIME 7-9 weeks.. it really will finish ? ?

Hi Dubi. Thanks for bringing the strain back!.

Do you think Edpurt would be suitable for temperate climates in New Zealand(39S) where the seasons are shorter? when would you estimate it to finish over here?. A typical Afghani finishes end of march for comparison.

Also how tall could you expect it to grow with say a 6 week veg period(20-25c) with high sun hours?

Thanks again,
Kiwigreen.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi kiwi,

Yes, you can grow ErdPurt at 39ºS latitude without any problem.
They will reach aprox between 1 - 1.5 meters of height after 6 weeks of healthy veg.
It's a heavily inbred pure indica so it's not the most vigorous strain.

ErdPurt typically starts to flower outdoors much earlier than dutch indoor afghanis as comparison. Depending on the start of flowering, they will finish there between February-March (as latest).

It's not easy to predict when ErdPurt will start to flower when is grown outdoors in latitudes below 40º, they can start to flower just after a few cloudy days or with pot size restriction .... even in the longer days of late spring/early summer.

An an example, we started some ErdPurt from seed outdoors this in May around 37ºN and we have found some (semi) auto flowering phenos that started to flower just after a few weeks of life and they were already harvested close to summer solstice! I'm in the process to select for the most extreme autoflowering phenos in order to produce a very autoflowering ErdPurt line.

Awesome thanks Dubi. For now I think I'll go with Bangi haze to get bigger plants with higher yields.

I'd love to see more erdpurt crosses!. In my opinion a well bred/stabilised erdpurt x orient express have some of the best guerilla potential.

Ace has really started to step up another level with the strains you guys offer!

Keep being legends!

Cheers,
Kiwi.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi squatty and kiwigreen420, thanks for the kind words! :)

Hi Mronyc, to produce a fully auto flowering ErdPurt version is an interesting project for the (hopefully not so distant) future.

We are at the moment breeding an Auto Malawi, the project is quite advanced (on F3 step), but guess this is a history for another thread.

Biosynthesis

Veteran
Picked up a couple packs of female stock. columnar growth had me thinking they would be good for a certain spot I have. Plan to plant closer together there. Do they have one main dominant center branch/cola?

squatty

Biosynthesis, **********.eu has a couple of whole plant pictures of Erdpurt. I posted a few pictures of the plants I grew there. They were not female seed but may be pretty similar. My pictures are of topped plants showing two main colas. They were good sized and sturdy plants for me with long internodes and giant Indica leaves.

Dubi may be able to add more.

48N

I received 5 freebie erdpurt fems and wondered which Generation they're from? Did they Hermie outdoors for anyone of you?
I plan on having them as a guerilla in the woods with other strains
As I can't visit the place as often as I'd like, I need to rely on hermie-free strains
Thanks for your help

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Picked up a couple packs of female stock. columnar growth had me thinking they would be good for a certain spot I have. Plan to plant closer together there. Do they have one main dominant center branch/cola?

Hi Biosynthesis,

ErdPurt has a very columnar growth, classic afghani hashplant structure with little branching, huge wide indica leaves. Good luck with them!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I received 5 freebie erdpurt fems and wondered which Generation they're from? Did they Hermie outdoors for anyone of you?
I plan on having them as a guerilla in the woods with other strains
As I can't visit the place as often as I'd like, I need to rely on hermie-free strains
Thanks for your help

Hi 48N,

The ErdPurt fem version currently available was produced using our best green and purple ErdPurt parental plants, we have been growing them for years both indoors and outdoors without any sign of hermaphroditism.

ErdPurt is mainly an outdoor line and we haven't had any claim regarding hermie problems in the fem version or in the last 2-3 regular generations we have bred and released since we started to work with this strain. Hope it helps with your doubts.

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
I grew some Erdpurts a few years back outdoors at 42n they were done by end of august/ september, some really early phenos, good resistance to mold, plants didnt get big, smoke is smooth earthy and floral, not too strong, but enjoyable! some phenos went purple almost black very nice to watch!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php