What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is this a P def?

Bagseed68

This is rapidly progressing throughout my tent. Using LC's mix #1w/plain tap water that's been bubbled for a min of 24 hrs and Tea (EWC, Bat Guano & molasses) every 3rd feeding. Nothing has changed. It started with a CBD strain that is in my Veg tent and is now showing signs on my Cherry Pie and Kandy Kush in my flower tent. Being organic (as well as only my 2nd grow), I'm leary about adding any FF trio nutes I have.
Temps are a bit high at 78-82 day & 72-75 night, RH always 45-55%. I adopted this medium as Burn1 said I should be able to toss my Ph meter and chill. When I saw this I tested and I was at 7.0 going in and 7.2 coming out.
Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 20180628_130821.jpg
    20180628_130821.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 20180628_125544.jpg
    20180628_125544.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 20180628_125552.jpg
    20180628_125552.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 16

GreenGoddess74

Sorry.
I meant, over time the nutes in your organic soil will get depleted, especially if you spent more than 30 days in veg. It looks like maybe you could stand to add a little bone meal into your soil, but I might wait to hear from someone with a little for exp in organics.
Good luck!

there goes edro

Veteran
Did you readmend with any dolomite lime or oyster shells? Those brown spots could be calcium deficiency. How did the first round Go? Remember even if you bubble tap water fluoride and other anti bacteria chemicals will not bubble away. I scratched my head twerking my soil for a year and a half only to find out the plants didn't like the two water at the new spot.

Bagseed68

Did you readmend with any dolomite lime or oyster shells? Those brown spots could be calcium deficiency.

First, thanks for responding. Second, RE-AMEND?! I musta missed that part! I'm also noticing severe N def in my flower tent. I thought it would've made it further than this (week 5 starts tomorrow)
Being as the flower tent is all scrogged up, how do I re-amend without disturbing everything? And what do I use? I was under the impression that adding N in flower was a no-no? I have the FF trio. Can I just use that to finish?

Bagseed68

How much lime & Oyster shells am I using. The same amount as I originally added? I thought this LC's mix was plug-and-play?

T

Teddybrae

The title of yr post refers to "P". do you mean Phosphate? if so the purpling stems in first pic indicate a P shortage ... but maybe that variety just has purple stems. has it?

the third pic shows nutrient deficiency ... nitrogen needed, cal mag needed (be very careful how you apply Lime. you can ruin the soil if you over apply).

How good is your drainage? I 've only ever seen leaf scorches like those on plants that got wet feet for too long.

good luck ...

Bagseed68

The title of yr post refers to "P". do you mean Phosphate? if so the purpling stems in first pic indicate a P shortage ... but maybe that variety just has purple stems. has it?

the third pic shows nutrient deficiency ... nitrogen needed, cal mag needed (be very careful how you apply Lime. you can ruin the soil if you over apply).

How good is your drainage? I 've only ever seen leaf scorches like those on plants that got wet feet for too long.

good luck ...

Yes, that strain has always had purpleish/reddish stems. I just went with Phos cuz it mostly resembled the pics I've seen online.
When this mix dries and it's time to feed again, I have to add it VERY slowly or it just runs right thru and into the tray below. If I add small amounts at a time it soaks it up really well. However, should my pots be sitting in those little plastic trays? Will the runoff eventually get soaked back up and cause salt build-up in the bottom of the pot?
Finally, any advise on the proper way to go about adding more nutes at this juncture? A lot of lower leaves in my flower tent are yellowing and falling off and I still have 5-6 weeks to go. If I use any Fox Farms products, would that kill all the microbes in my soil?
Thanks again for your input?

Easy7

Veteran
Looks like many issues. Looks like Potassium lockout. Looks like too mich nitrogen and magnesium. Could be shortage of calcium as well. Ph could be out of whack, but not my first guess.

Bagseed68

I thought this LC's mix was supposed to run without a phone meter? My h20/ACT goes in a 7.0 and comes out at 7.2.
Just outta curiosity, what makes you say too much Ness? The plants 30 days ahead in flower are showing serious N def. Is there a quick fix or is this strain a lost cause?

T

Teddybrae

Yes, the run-off WILL soak back up. maybe compromise and empty saucers after five minutes?

Easy7

Veteran
I didn't see any N def in the pics. Yellowing is common in many issues.

What is the soil?

What's been the feeding schedule?

Probably all over the place.

Bagseed68

They are in LC's mix #1. I feed every 3 days right when the lights come on. Draining saucers isn't really an option since the are all scrogged up. Here are a couple more pics of leaves that have fallen off on their own or plucked off with minimal pressure.

Attachments

• 20180702_100057.jpg
    20180702_100057.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 20180702_100514.jpg
    20180702_100514.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 20180702_100436.jpg
    20180702_100436.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 15