What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chemdog D

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have ran my Chem D cut two or three times. I still get variegation on the leaves pretty badly. Need to get that figured out.

Here are a few pics:

William76

Alot of folks up there feed a bit(especialy cal and mag) and it usualy sorts her out,but i found aspirin every 2/3 weeks till second week of flip worked wonders,i just lost the cut but wen i had it i didnt get the mottling etc coz of the aspirin(used to get it unless i fed heavy).the other thing i found was she dont like being moved or messed about with,she preffered being left to it.once i realised this she was the picture of health.76

prune

Veteran
The Chem d seemed to pick up that variegation from the Sourdub a few years back, and I even saw some Glue with it... When it displays the plant loses vigor.

DunHav`nFun

I ran clone only Chem D for almost a decade exclusively in DTW coco and the variegation was prominent.....until....

I started upping my Botanicare`s CalMag Plus from 1 to 3 ml per gal , then 5 and all the way to 7.5 ml per gal , and the variegation went away....but....I had to adjust ppm`s/EC with my GH 3 part base formula because of the calcium nitrate , but 600 ppms/1.2 EC during veg and up to 750 ppms/1.5 EC dialed her in as close to perfect as I ever had in my days.....and....

I can tell you first hand that the mottling/variegation has zero to do with tobacco mosaic virus , it`s just a genetic need for more cal mag IME although it doesn`t display classic deficient symptoms .....regardless....

Hope the addition will help you dial her in , but depending on your medium/substrate your mileage may vary on the addition of supplements, as this was only my experience with coco.....anyways ....

Good luck....DHF....:ying: .....

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the advice everyone and the kind words.

I use botanicare cal mag now. I'll try and add a bit more next run. I use 2ml per gal ATM.

Aspirin is an interesting suggestion. I mess with my nutrs first and try this if nothing works out.

Anyone else running her. Please post up some pics.

soopy

Veteran
I wish I still had her...I'll have to f2 some of the crosses I made with her before she departed my life, lol.
Beautiful flowers man, I bet the smell is Devine...respect.

DunHav`nFun

Yeah bro.....she`ll do better for you.....another classic indicator of cal/mag deficiency on most strains is purple petioles/stems , and the only 1 in your pics is so purple it`s almost black.....

What medium/substrate are you using.....regardless....she looks good.....

Good luck....DHF....:ying:.....

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
not trying to tell you how to do your shit but you seem to be going pretty hard with the nutes and that might be the cuase of your lockout issues.

The Joker1

I wish I still had her...I'll have to f2 some of the crosses I made with her before she departed my life, lol.
Beautiful flowers man, I bet the smell is Devine...respect.

You the same Soopy I know? You want Chemd ? Let’s get coffee and I’ll be glad to get her back to you. Call me. I had to incarnate as Joker 1, but it’s me. If it’s not the same Soopy , never mind.

soopy

Veteran
You the same Soopy I know? You want Chemd ? Let’s get coffee and I’ll be glad to get her back to you. Call me. I had to incarnate as Joker 1, but it’s me. If it’s not the same Soopy , never mind.

The one and only my good man, lol. I’d love to catch up, it’s been way too long....I’d be over the moon to have her back in my life.

All the best to you and yours...

The Joker1

The Chem d seemed to pick up that variegation from the Sourdub a few years back, and I even saw some Glue with it... When it displays the plant loses vigor.

That is simply not true. I got it in 2006 and it had that varigation. I’m growing it now and it’s very vigorous. Was Sour Dub around in 2006?

Latest posts

Latest posts