What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kentucky/Ohio Valley growers...

Four straight days of rain then nothin'. It hasn't rained since last Wednesday. It wasn't like this last summer.

Hey, any of y'all ever think of doin' any breedin' with the "local" strain? I keep all my bag seed no matter what & was thinkin' of doin' a cross with NL or somethin'. I'm gettin' the itch to expand my horizons into the more brainy aspects of growin'.

G

Yes, I set my clones out mid to late march (after chance of frost) and they are ready in early. I am just across the River from Louisville. Good thing is nobody thinks of a harvest in June. Never had a problem

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Lose the bagseed Subversive :D Our local strains are built on heirloom clones and strongly influenced crosses. Don't waste your time, get the best and work on into noman's land! :wave:

hilljack

im growing indoor genetics in this area

such as bogglegum lifesaver supersweetcindy99 bluesat#2 ultimatemoonshine and a few others

all are doing fairly well and all of bogs strains are doing amazingly well

maybe next year yall should try some of bogs babies in the MOV

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
My experience was gained early by bagseed but I learned much faster with better results with good seed. I am seeding some bogglegum f2's right now hilljack, I support indie dom strains for this area as well. I think the sats that I'm working with will finish early enough tho.. :D They don't mold like the nuggy nugz do. :)

I know, I know, but sometimes I get some pretty funky local outdoor (the stuff that smells like the Ohio River - lol) & it taunts me to no end. I love this stuff & have been thinkin' of crossin' it with some Northern Lights despite the inherent crap involved with growin' bag seed. I'm just crazy that way & I get bored & need a good ass kickin' sometimes.

Wish I had access to some of those heirloom clones.

Weather Channel said rain's on the way!

Y'all take it easy,

Subversive

JACKBAYBEH

3 of the 5 chopped yesterday. The other 2 will go as long as nature permits.
No mold issues here. Nuggs tightened up well, nice resin production. Hard to
beat Kentucky sunshine. Should be ready for samp'lin sometime this weekend.
Hope everyone is doing well. Peace.

G

:wave: Dayum. Baccas - U could've pointed me to this thread! :bat:

Where were all U guys when we slated the Mini-Cup at Cedar Point! :moon:

I got Toledo covered. :pointlaug

No outdoors action goin on, all semi stealth indoors, but some nice genetics added to the garden thanks to local members - been growin' the 180 day Neville's fer years, finally got some fast stuff - longest is the Johnny Blaze, then the Sage, then Sweet Tooth #3! Flavor of the month club goin on in Toledo! :woohoo:

See ya in chat! :joint:

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I harvested my rooftop grow a little early, but the wreck was done and cured out nicely. My outdoor in the hills turned out really nice considering the lack of rain. I watered religiously and it paid off. I did get a moderate amount of bud rot this year though :badday: I am not going to sit back on my laurels however :D This next summer is going to need adequate supplies of clones, better get crackin :smile:

Last edited:

JACKBAYBEH

Nice looking Nuggs MMM!!!
I hear ya KHG, preparation is key imo.
I was ill prepared and didn't bring in what I could have. Next year will be
different!! KHG I'll shoot you a pm when I get a chance.

G

Guest 2535

Hey all.. Heres a report from central Ohio..

My plants are bigger than ever before and my whole crop is infested with MOLD! Dammit! Pulled em this past weekend. Its probably my fault.. since I dont have regular access to the grow I couldnt have known exactly when they were done, and it looks like I could have been out there a week or 2 earlier.

Also.. some other growers in the area reported crazy bumper crops. Actually every outdoor grower i know in central Ohio reported HUGE plants and KILLER yields, compared to the last few years. Im not an outdoor expert, so I dont know why, but (for example) some dude that usually pulls 2-3lbs from his plot pulled up to my bro's place with a fucking minivan full.. he was freaking out saying he didnt know what to do what all this stuff!

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
You guys are rivaling the Texans. Good show, and nice to hear that some of you faired real well this year.

GreatLakes THC :wave:

Hey Sloppy, I got a good idea what he can do with all that weed: Buy some Bubble Bags & make mass hash!!! Then, share the love!

Wish I had that problem.