Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > International Forums > Canada > EVERYONE READ THIS!!...BC Recreational Use Regulations

Thread Title Search
EVERYONE READ THIS!!...BC Recreational Use Regulations Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2018, 08:57 PM #51
fatigues

fatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider420 View Post
So why is Trudeau asking the preimers what do to in the cartoon? Like you said the preimers are just along for the ride and some of them are doing thier level best to fuck things up.

BTW do you really believe that cannabis should remain illegal so it stays under Federal control? Keeping in mind the next federal government could be conservatives who would then reinstate mandatory minimums for cannabis use.
The premiers are not "just along for the ride". They are driving the damn car. They simply didn't have a choice on WHETHER they wanted to get behind the wheel or not. The Feds forced them to. They had no choice over that. They were forced behind the wheel.

But that's the way the constitutional division of powers works in our country. Too damned bad.

Do I wish the Feds remained in control? Of course not. I'm for legalization. But the reality is, under Canada's constitution, legal weed is a matter that falls within provincial jurisdiction. Matters were different when pot was illegal and there was an exception carved out for medical marijuana. Then it was still entirely under federal control.

The practical advantage of Canopy Growth, Aurora, Asperia and other large businesses being involved in cannabis is that to re-criminalize it, you have to get by them. You have to get by their lobby, their money, their influence. You ALSO need to get by the Big Five Chartered Banks who loaned them money based on the legality of that business and the ongoing value of their security under the PPSA and the Bank Act. And the feds would ALSO have to get by the TSE stock market and the underwriters of those shares. And every pension fund and other institutional investor who put money into those shares. In short: the new government would have to get past Bay Street.

And that's not going to happen. That's not the way our world or our country works. It means that there's no real turning back, no matter who wins the next federal election or the one after that, or so on. Cannabis legalization will be beyond any political weather-vane. You can adjust some policies and direction over time -- but reverse legalization itself? Nope. Big Business and Big Banks have their uses. THAT is why I was happy to take corporate weed every day of the week. It means that legal means LEGAL. For the rest of our lives.

But when it's legal? It's for the provinces to control the trade of it. There's no avoiding that. It's just that the average guy on the street does not understand that to be the case.

There can be some broader product quality and labeling management enabled under the Federal legislation relying upon the Feds power over Health and Safety and to regulate inter-Provincial trade. So we have packaging and labeling requirements on cannabis. The Feds have also claimed to retain some jurisdiction to prohibit advertising (which is a sketchy assumption of federal jurisdiction, but so far, the Provinces aren't complaining. If they do, matters may prove to be different).

But the bottom line is that business of legal products in Canada is a business for the provinces to regulate. Yes, even when that's legal pot. Legalized pot always meant provincial control over the retailing of it. That's the way Canada works.

The unfolding retail clusterfuck is therefore ENTIRELY the fault of the provinces of Ontario and Quebec. 100%, their fault. All of it; no exceptions.

Anybody who is trying to tell you differently has no idea what they are actually talking about (although they might think they do).
fatigues is offline Quote

Old 07-18-2018, 09:04 PM #52
Switcher56

Switcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatigues View Post
The premiers are not "just along for the ride". They are driving the damn car. They simply didn't have a choice on WHETHER they wanted to get behind the wheel or not. The Feds forced them to. They had no choice over that. They were forced behind the wheel.

But that's the way the constitutional division of powers works in our country. Too damned bad.

Do I wish the Feds remained in control? Of course not. I'm for legalization. But the reality is, under Canada's constitution, legal weed is a matter that falls within provincial jurisdiction. Matters were different when pot was illegal and there was an exception carved out for medical marijuana. Then it was still entirely under federal control.

But when it's legal? It's for the provinces to control the trade of it. There's no avoiding that. It's just that the average guy on the street does not understand that to be the case.

There can be some broader product quality and labeling management enabled under the Federal legislation relying upon the Feds power over Health and Safety and to regulate inter-Provincial trade. So we have packaging and labeling requirements on cannabis. The Feds have also claimed to retain some jurisdiction to prohibit advertising (which is a sketchy assumption of federal jurisdiction, but so far, the Provinces aren't complaining. If they do, matters may prove to be different).

But the bottom line is that business of legal products in Canada is a business for the provinces to regulate. Yes, even when that's legal pot. Legalized pot always meant provincial control over the retailing of it. That's the way Canada works.

The unfolding retail clusterfuck is therefore ENTIRELY the fault of the provinces of Ontario and Quebec. 100%, their fault. All of it; no exceptions.

Anybody who is trying to tell you differently has no idea what they are actually talking about (although they might think they do).
Quebec doesn't surprise me in the least. They always want to be different. Then we look at Ford. I rest my case!!
Switcher56 is online now Quote

Old 07-18-2018, 09:23 PM #53
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond repute
Wait until the allure of sin tax revenues infect them.

Julian's Massive Outdoor Grow thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=62895

------------
TychoMonolyth is online now Quote

Old 07-19-2018, 01:44 AM #54
Switcher56

Switcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by TychoMonolyth View Post
Wait until the allure of sin tax revenues infect them.
I don't have a dog in this fight! I have an incredible gratefulness towards the breeders (they had a mission), and they wholeheartedly should be recognized for what they have done. IMHO wrt "the guerillas" it is high time you earned an honest living! Instead of falling behind these fine pioneers. AFAIC the "guerilas" are nothing more than PROFITEERS! Now with all due respect, sex and travel.
I have nothing against the foundation of the movement, but I do have an objection of the folks that rode on their coat tails!
Switcher56 is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-19-2018, 02:14 AM #55
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond repute
And the other shoe hits the floor.

"When marijuana is fully legal in October, recreational and medical products will be taxed the same" (CBC)

Julian's Massive Outdoor Grow thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=62895

------------
TychoMonolyth is online now Quote

Old 07-19-2018, 02:26 AM #56
3snowboards

3snowboards is just really nice3snowboards is just really nice3snowboards is just really nice3snowboards is just really nice3snowboards is just really nice3snowboards is just really nice3snowboards is just really nice3snowboards is just really nice3snowboards is just really nice3snowboards is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider420 View Post
SAJLMFAO Yup Canada is going where no other nation has gone before. We are legalizing Cannabis!
Canada population 2017
Est. 35,151,000

California population 2017
Est. 39,540,000

I think you will be okay.
Stay warm
3snowboards is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-19-2018, 04:15 AM #57
Buddha1

Buddha1 is a jewel in the roughBuddha1 is a jewel in the roughBuddha1 is a jewel in the roughBuddha1 is a jewel in the roughBuddha1 is a jewel in the roughBuddha1 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3snowboards View Post
Canada population 2017
Est. 35,151,000

California population 2017
Est. 39,540,000

I think you will be okay.
Stay warm
Could you please clairify your post a bit more.

Apologies...I know you are trying to say something encouraging... but I'm not getting it....

Peace...B
Buddha1 is offline Quote

Old 07-19-2018, 01:44 PM #58
Gmack

Gmack is just really niceGmack is just really niceGmack is just really niceGmack is just really niceGmack is just really niceGmack is just really niceGmack is just really niceGmack is just really niceGmack is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha1 View Post
Could you please clairify your post a bit more.

Apologies...I know you are trying to say something encouraging... but I'm not getting it....

Peace...B
He said saying it's been done already by a larger population. We're actually getting off easy with the $1 or 10% tax compared to the legal states.
Gmack is offline Quote

Old 07-19-2018, 03:05 PM #59
fatigues

fatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of lightfatigues is a glorious beacon of light
It's not accurate of course. Weed is still a cash business in Cali and the illegality at a federal level still puts huge restrictions on the so-called legal weed in California and other states.

Still, a little jelly is expected. And we will be jelly of the California retail experience. Apart from the lack of debit and plastic, it is a far better experience there than it will be here.
fatigues is offline Quote