What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Don't Trust Facebook

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
An ex facebook executive has gone to great lengths to talk about how dangerous facebook is to our society, psychologically. if you care enough, google it.

Also, there is a man by the name of Edward Snowden that showed us in June or July of 2013 that the government is watching everything. He even showed us how. Names of programs, ETC ETC.

Be weary of guys around here as well with high post counts and large amounts of karma that have been here for years with not much to show for but a bunch of copied .gifs and .jpegs

Ah fuck ya blew my cover. The chief won't be happy about this.

Last edited:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Retarded it is. Is it ego or paranoia to think everyone is refering to you.

Both likely.

Not sure what your lovers quarrel is about, but apologies for jumping down your throat.

Last edited:

shithawk420

Veteran
Oh snap.shit got real.I hope I didn't spread any negative vibes lately.we all need to get a bong.place has been crazy lately.the world been crazy too.hurricanes and tsunamis and what all

Andyo

Veteran
man bag wankers

man bag wankers

^^^ well, i didn't find that to be true. they play a bait and switch ... i boost my business posts and for 30 days get great audience, then, nothing. much more money required to get the same audience. now they changed the algorithm, yet again, this time to remove most business posts and ads from the news feed. they are not a business marketing platform anymore. i sure ain't spending anymore money with them. this is a business model? i don't see it. what i did see, is that people (the audience) just wants to be entertained, they won't even click away to another website, even though i got 200K "engagements". Just because you can measure clicks, thumbs, and comments don't mean shit ... well, it means you can measure these "engagements", but the only measure i care about is my business sales - and i got NONE from FB - for my $1000 marketing testing over 90 days.

next time a millennial tells me FB is a great business marketing vehicle, well, i'll just smack them with my purse (man purse, that is).

and Instagram is a total shitshow. how can anyone be seen on that platform?

the world, evidently, desperately needs diversion from the real world shitshow ... and FB/IG is happy to oblige.

imho.

Only recently i saw my first man bag wearer
I was wanting to headbutt the idiot
I had to think about it later.
I am the last person to copy fashion.

i dont even own shoes
rofl at the clown shoe wearers
skinny jeans lol work those fuking stick like legs.A

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Be weary of guys around here as well with high post counts and large amounts of karma that have been here for years with not much to show for but a bunch of copied .gifs and .jpegs

:woohoo: hey hey hey!!! talkin' about me again :)

never mind that you have no idea under my current name that I'd donated about 110-120 excellent LowRyder beans for one of the icmag server fund drives. I pulled all my grow cabinet pics (I think I did :dunno:) a few years back when I thought I had some personal issues to fret about.

But never mind that a stroke like you sits in judgment of me when you'd been warned by Admin under your other member name not to fuck with me, NOT to pull this same shit again........

and with your childish grammar, the word is WARY, not weary you dumb **** :good:

Lone Wolf

Veteran
:woohoo: hey hey hey!!! talkin' about me again :)

never mind that you have no idea under my current name that I'd donated about 110-120 excellent LowRyder beans for one of the icmag server fund drives. I pulled all my grow cabinet pics (I think I did :dunno:) a few years back when I thought I had some personal issues to fret about.

But never mind that a stroke like you sits in judgment of me when you'd been warned by Admin under your other member name not to fuck with me, NOT to pull this same shit again........

and with your childish grammar, the word is WARY, not weary you dumb **** :good:

ding ding ding

we have a weiner

CaptainDankness

You can't trust the internet period. They mass store everything they record private conversations you have, just in the presence of a cell phone.

They have AI computers sifting through everything, of course they ain't getting nothing better than dick pics from me. :) Everytime I ever ordered seeds was cash in the mail. I'm also the only person I know who doesn't carry a cell phone. The way I see it, my car breaks down hold up some money somebody will stop and they have a phone.

Kind of amazing how many people use them. They track your every location regular old cops can trace your travel patterns and listen to your phone calls. Been going on since just after 9/11 the Patriot Act. Of course most people don't care.

Bmac1

Veteran
It really is 1984 and there is an almost blanket level of cheerful acceptance.

Green Squall

You can't trust the internet period. They mass store everything they record private conversations you have, just in the presence of a cell phone.

They have AI computers sifting through everything, of course they ain't getting nothing better than dick pics from me. :) Everytime I ever ordered seeds was cash in the mail. I'm also the only person I know who doesn't carry a cell phone. The way I see it, my car breaks down hold up some money somebody will stop and they have a phone.

Kind of amazing how many people use them. They track your every location regular old cops can trace your travel patterns and listen to your phone calls. Been going on since just after 9/11 the Patriot Act. Of course most people don't care.

The new Samsung phone battery is not removable...I wonder why...:thinking:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
from what i read years and years ago, even if you remove the battery, there is still many models of phone with a small back up battery they can use to remotely power on your mic or tracking.

you need a faraday cage if you want to block your phones ability to spy on and track you etc. wrap it with aluminium foil with a few layers tightly and that blocks it 100%. test your wrap by trying to call it.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
It really is 1984 and there is an almost blanket level of cheerful acceptance.

:laughing: Cheerful acceptance on both sides!:biggrin:

I've been posting online since 1999.

I've been ordering seeds from inside the USA and outside since forever.

I've been growing those seeds indoors forever too!

I've been phoning my out-of-state dealer, talking openly and getting his stuff in the mail every month for 2 yrs.

.......... and I'm just one of many!!!!

yet most of us have managed to remain free to do our thing while leo looks the other way.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
:laughing: Cheerful acceptance on both sides!:biggrin:

I've been posting online since 1999.

I've been ordering seeds from inside the USA and outside since forever.

I've been growing those seeds indoors forever too!

I've been phoning my out-of-state dealer, talking openly and getting his stuff in the mail every month for 2 yrs.

.......... and I'm just one of many!!!!

yet most of us have managed to remain free to do our thing while leo looks the other way.

funny how things have changed in the US, i know guys in the eu that use pgp tor encrypted phones, or at least end to end encrypted apps like wickr. or encrypted phone services like opus tel, or even email providers with end to end encryption like protonmail and there we have guys in the US openly ordering across state lines, lol.

St. Phatty

just yesterday, the World Surf League announced that they had accepted $30 million from Facebook to do their webcasts exclusively on Facebook.

From 2006 to 2017, the WSL had the best online sports webcast platform anywhere. Complete with instant replay, which they call "Heat Analyzer" on their website.

In any case, the WSL announced the partnership, with a comments section at the bottom.

And all of the comments were AGAINST the partnership - against Facebook.

I had a similar anti-Facebook comment written, and when I went to post it, I found that THE COMMENTS SECTION WAS GONE.

Looks like the "Queen" (in this case WSL CEO & Facebook wannabe Ms. Gold-something) didn't like dedicated surf fans questioning her judgment.

The WSL technology is the best I've seen anywhere for sports broadcasting. Good enough for them to make a $100 Million deal with the NFL - where they co-license the WSL technology and the NFL uses the WSL model to broadcast the Super Bowl - with ads.

In any case, the incident with the comments section disappearing made the point very well - one of Facebook's primary purposes is to apply economies of scale to web censorship.

The demographics of this are also interesting. 99% of the censors are 20-something & know little about world affairs. Most of the rabid surf fans are older, and know a lot more about world affairs.

Because of the way Facebook leans, most of the censors are left-leaning & WAAAY PC.

Not so with the rabid surf fans.

I wish I had taken a screen capture before the Facebook comments were removed. It made the point, Facebook = 1984 = Orwell, as well as it could be made.

(How quick the replay is depends on location. They need major workstations to crank & edit all the video, and only have so many video workstations when they set up in Tahiti or somewhere.)

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yeah they do that with news sites too, if the comments show that the masses think their shit stinks, they will just get riid of the comments for that article. they will say something like, due to the deluge of hateful comments we were forced blablah blah. it's out an out social engineering, they want to teach us how to post/speak, they admitted it in the veritas leaks on twitter. they will shadow ban or remove stuff they don't like or agree with, untill the users just realize there is no point talking about certain things as they will just get deleted and maybe banned.

the wsl example shows how zuckerberg wants it both ways, e wants to say he's not a producer broadcaster so has no responsibility whats put out, but on the other hand they are doing deals to produce broadcast content they are collecting.

i think soon someone will come up with a facebook based on open source principles and respect for privacy. where your private content is respected as if it was in your desk at home. where your opinions are not censored with a bias to one side, where the rules are applied evenly across the board, lastly where the terms of use doesn't exceed 2 a4 pages of print.

no you can't turn on the mic on my phone or computer ever not even just for a few seconds!
no you can't film me ever!:D

no this phone is not yours, you may not spy on the way i use the apps, lmao.

no, im not signing over my first born to facecrook

Last edited: