What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFT and Bubba Kush, rocks, cats, dogs and stuff

paper thorn

Veteran
All the GG4 cuts died.
FireStorm from jw. 2 in a cup of coco growing, one still in the cloner. may not root.
2 Blue Steel rooted, planted

2 Phoenix Lights rooted and in cups.

2 Dr. Who in cups also.

I'm happy with the clones, 10 days to 2 weeks, i usually get roots.

I'll come across GG4 again one of these days.

I'm getting ready to get the next NFT table going. got the res in place, got the buckets of balls cleaned and ready. I just need to cut the table down to 4 feet. right now it's 5 feet. line it with plastic and pop in the clones. Not sure which to plant. I want them all to be the same and i was hoping to run something new, but i would have to do one firestorm, one phx lights, one dr who, one blue steel.

i have a fat yielding Cinnamon Haze that i have half a dozen of in the cloner, so that's probably what I'll run. They'll only veg for maybe 3 weeks so i don't have the same problem with everything getting up on the glass.
this is the cin haze from an earlier run

That's my outside black cat. ive got an inside black cat named lucifer. luci for short. i call this guy my outside black cat. he's having a nice bird dinner here. usually he eats the doves on my front porch. nice to walk out to wings and feathers in the morning.

he lived here when we bought the place. previous owners went off and left him. i think about how he must have felt when no one came back to let him in and feed him. he learned to hunt.

i feed him now, after a year, he finally let me pet him,now he demands it every night when i get done in the room.

Grizz

Veteran
All the GG4 cuts died.
FireStorm from jw. 2 in a cup of coco growing, one still in the cloner. may not root.
2 Blue Steel rooted, planted

2 Phoenix Lights rooted and in cups.

2 Dr. Who in cups also.

I'm happy with the clones, 10 days to 2 weeks, i usually get roots.

I'll come across GG4 again one of these days.

I'm getting ready to get the next NFT table going. got the res in place, got the buckets of balls cleaned and ready. I just need to cut the table down to 4 feet. right now it's 5 feet. line it with plastic and pop in the clones. Not sure which to plant. I want them all to be the same and i was hoping to run something new, but i would have to do one firestorm, one phx lights, one dr who, one blue steel.

i have a fat yielding Cinnamon Haze that i have half a dozen of in the cloner, so that's probably what I'll run. They'll only veg for maybe 3 weeks so i don't have the same problem with everything getting up on the glass.
this is the cin haze from an earlier run
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69399&pictureid=1766010]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74825&pictureid=1789763&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

That's my outside black cat. ive got an inside black cat named lucifer. luci for short. i call this guy my outside black cat. he's having a nice bird dinner here. usually he eats the doves on my front porch. nice to walk out to wings and feathers in the morning.

he lived here when we bought the place. previous owners went off and left him. i think about how he must have felt when no one came back to let him in and feed him. he learned to hunt.

i feed him now, after a year, he finally let me pet him,now he demands it every night when i get done in the room.
awsome

paper thorn

Veteran
i made this great post and i don't know, maybe i forgot to hit the submit reply button. Strokes will do that to you. I feel like the guy in Memento sometimes.

Made a trip to the Emergency Room the other day. Bad sweating, soaked my clothes, had to mop up a puddle from the floor.
They did the ekg, no problem, ran the labs on my blood. no big deal. did a catscan, no new stroke signs that the doc could see, but i feel a bit more fucked up since. sucks, i have to live ten years my wife tells me.

That's my little red stone bowl filled with some Phoenix Lights. my boy dropped by with a nice purple surprise, perfect timing, the Bluberries and Tahoes are going too long, my stash is dangerously low.

OK to the update for the grow:

Those are my Blueberries and Tahoes.

The tall ones are BBs one tall fat one is my Diesel, not sure if I want to keep it, but it is fat.

I have a tester drying from the earliest BB. one early bud from it seems good, nice buzz, taste and smell but long skinny weird structure. Any others would have to be really killer to keep if they're going to past 10 weeks.

The Tahoes - i chopped one, it's pretty good, another a friend says is my best yet. i don't know about that.

They'll all be done in a week or less. they better be good or i just can't keep em.

That last Firestorm cut finally rooted.

I set up the NFT buckets with 4 Cinnamon Haze in them. I'm going to raise them up off of the table a bit to let the water run through better.

i screwed up when planting them. i put in four, then was putting the other two ( i had six clones) in coco and realized i put one in the hydroton that was barely rooted, the other three had major roots, then one i put in coco had great roots and i wish i had swapped it out, because that one is way behind the others after a week in the buckets. i'll post a pic tomorrow if i remember lol.

That's a rock that will soon be two or three pipes. nice cream and caramel agate/onyx. it's going to be amazing once it's shaped and polished.

paper thorn

Veteran

That's my new wet saw blade. it has a 1" arbor hole. i got a 1 x 1/2" arbor bushing.
Dumbass!
My saw arbor is 5/8"

today i go to HD to pick up the right reducer. mumbling to myself.

Big Blueberries. too bad they are all over 10 weeks right now, looks like they have 2 more weeks to go. only really good weed could be kept at those flip times. i have 1 that's finishing up that smells good. I'll run it once more sat least. another smells great, is fat and has another week to finish. we'll see.

second plant pic above is BB, diesel, the long tall one standing straight up, this puppy is FAT now, a week after these pics. Bubba on the left, short Tahoes in the front

bubbas getting burned
but getting fat, and about 1 more week to finish

paper thorn

Veteran
just a bump

just a bump

ripply rock, ripples are from different hardnesses of minerals, some iron plumes are the high spots

That's my cat getting a drink

the fat green one in the middle came from the ripple rock above

That's my girl cat laying down beside my old dog.

paper thorn

Veteran
i've been busy making pipes.
here's my newest one, it's mine too, others will have to wait lmao:dance013:

it came from this rock, it's limestone and serpentine. so smooth.

That's my dog Martha. She died 2 weeks ago. She was such a good dog.

paper thorn

Veteran
still kicking

still kicking

Hey starke,
hangin in there bud, hope all is well with you.

Merry Christmas!:xmastree:

I wish i could get around to everyone's grow diaries around here but I'm busy these days. And when i'm not, i'm too busy watching youtube videos lmao.

I'm going to start a thread in the smoking accessories forum. I was going to start one in the hobbies forum but then i saw that there was a 'smoking devices' forum. So probably in that one. I'm about to clutter up this 'grow diary' with too many pipe making pics. I need to update my sig anyway, so I'll put the link in my sig, and put this thread in there too.

I need to go through my pics and resize them before i upload them. i have a lot to do, but my pic app isn't working right now, so later...

That's my pipe loaded up with a nice Blueberry bud.

One that i grew, just to keep it about the grow.

these are the last of this batch of pipes. not perfect. I need to get more bits, burrs, profile wheels, router bits and more to make them perfect, at least to make them perfect without taking 10 hours each. lol

i have a Phoenix Lights in bloom, hopefully it purples up like the PL in the bowl.

Siskiyou

Veteran
Wow. Those are some beautiful bowls. One in particular called to me immediately. Excellent work.

paper thorn

Veteran
soon flip

soon flip

finally put these grates on the buckets, everyone's strapped down. soon flip

Bubba hanging, blueberry hanging, old moms and my girl cat brought me a pipe cleaner.

the pipe cleaners are a part of my life now. the inside black cat, Lucifer, Luci for short, is always playing with them under doors and coffee tables. i pick them all up and put them in an upper cabinet in the kitchen. He opens the cab and gets them all down again.
The girl cat just carries them around and leaves them here and there. sometimes she brings me one.

paper thorn

Veteran
bump

bump

just a quick bump with a couple pics.

a blueberry bud

Diesels and Cheese finishing soon. Bubbas on the right of the first pic have been chopped. The last two pics are big blueberry buds. The middle pic is the Blueberry that I'm going to run again at least once. fat and easy to trim. smells nice too. the problem is it went 14 weeks.:watchplant:

paper thorn

Veteran
NFT flipped

NFT flipped

I flipped the Cinnamon Haze on the NFT table on New Years Day.

I had a 1K light in a hood all set up amd the bulb is no good. Went for my spare bulb, same story. so pull the duct pull out the 1k bulb, put in a 600.
Anyway. i have my old moms flowering under it and they all look great. they are at 5 weeks. I moved them aside and put an NFT table under the light. My boy, who had the day off from the dispensary grow he works at, (they have 50 lights to a room and lots of rooms) and helped me move the Cinn Haze in to the flower room. It had really filled the screen and was begging to be flipped.

I get a pic of it before it starts the stretch tonight.

I put the old moms back beside the table and may hook another 600 up over it if i don't get a new bulb for the 1k.

i've got 2 other 1Ks with Phantom ballasts, that I've been running on 750. My boy told me the guy we got the ballsats from has another Phantom. i said get it.

That's the side of a big Blueberry bud that is showing a bit of color.

This Blueberry is sweet smelling and as you can see it is fat.:woohoo:
Might be a keeper.
right now, it's the jar i keep reaching for.

paper thorn

Veteran
more blueberry

more blueberry

Seemed like the bud in the previous post was lonely. not bad from a 1 gallon pot of coco.

EDIT: Scrolling back a few posts, I saw the large pic of my smoking pipe. Patting myself on the back a bit here, but that is Pic of the Month stuff right there. tasty blueberry too.

paper thorn

Veteran
progress

progress

This is Cinnamon Haze in my NFT set up.

first is mostly Bubbas, Cheese and Cin Haze.
Second pic is Diesels and Cheese falling all over the place. They have about another week. They're just starting to swell.

This is the new NFT set up in veg. I'm stretching and shaping this thick, stiff piece of commercial linoleum.

Last edited:

paper thorn

Veteran
new NFT

new NFT

This is the lino all shaped and ready for the next step.

First I have to use a different irrigation line. And ditch the old hydrofarm buckets full of clay balls and make some lids with net pots that i can easily move into the bloom room.

I took a piece of the rigid pink 1" thick foam. It's very stiff and strong.

I cut 2 1/2" holes, running the hole saw backwards of course. why 2 1/2 ? Because that's the biggest hole saw I own.
My table is an odd size, it was built for a different purpose. it is 13 1/2" between the sides. the table in the bloom room is 20"outside to outside, so i cut the lids 20 x 16. the cups are inset enough to fit in the narrower table.

The back end of the table. wide open to allow for lots of air flow. I'll probably staple a piece of panda to keep light out.

paper thorn

Veteran

here's the irrigation all set up. the jug of water is just holding the 1/2 " drip line down for now.

I closed off the tee on the side. it took too much away from the ones on the end.
The idea is that most of the water will run from this end to the other and waterfall into the res. there are 6 lines going to net pots that will only be needed until the roots hit the bottom where there will be a fast running stream.

There are three tees in the 1/2" line and two tubes coming off of each tee. i put these emitters on them because i have them. open ends would probably be fine. they might help with pressure differences in getting even water flow.

I'll be using 4 to 6 plants on each 16 x 20 lid. hopefully I'll be flipping them before they get too big. clones are in the cloners.