What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

#3 per Light w/ 3wk veg?!

mushroombrew

Veteran
Well it's been years since I have posted and boy have I been busy!

Recently moved from Hawaii to legal Oregon. It goes by canopy size here so we can do huge numbers...

Ok so we run 4x8 trays with (2) 1000W Hortilux in flower.
Same in veg except (2) 600w MH. Hence stripey pics sorry.
Hybrid hydro system RDWC / Flood drain.
GS media although there's Hydroton in the show too. Haven't noticed much difference with media. It's our nutrient feeding schedule that does the work.

We hit #5.4 per tray = #2.7 per light = 1.21 G per watt
But that was a first run and we had mixed phenos.
Dark Heart Nursery's Dream Queen.

Well we selected the bomb pheno and just started a new run. These plants are 5 days into veg. Just starting to take off. They will get 21 days total veg. Unless they get stupid big sooner. They stretch 300%.

They were planted as soon as we got roots(7 days) and have been in media 5 days. We will pick the best 32 out of 45 to fill a 4 x 8 tray.

We run 1 plant/sqft. So 16 plants/light. We need 3oz/plant to get our #3/light goal. Expect a finished height of 3-4ft.
We use wire mesh for support which you will see later on.
And we flower 8 wks with a full 2 week flush. Defoliation at weeks 3 and 6.
"We don't grow leaves we grow buds". I'll make some believers over the next couple months.

Also have some new Hybrids to Test. Have run BOG genetics over the years. His LSD is one of the fastest growing plants I have seen. Been growing Hydro since 1990 so I stand buy that statement.
LSD = (DJ Blueberry x TGA Jacks Cleaner) x (NYCD)
Don't know who's NYCD maybe that Bushy Older Grower can chime in and let us know.
I have had some gems from his beans. Check my albums.
I am trying to improve the branch Thickness of Dream Queen. And hopefully find that Lemon Meringue Pie smell from LSD.
Ok so I got a crazy LSD male. Popped in hours and took off. He was variegated which usually points to blueberry imo. And he stacked flowers that formed rings of "buds

Seedlings are 18 days old and taking off as expected!

Also Have Dark Heart Nursery:-
Purple Cadillac
Grape Ape
Blue Dream
Crossed those with the same LSD male. So will show you guys some pics as they develop.
But this thread is all about Dream Queen doing #3/light in a total of 11wks grow & flower.

And we are testing Sunset Sherbert, Fire OG, GSC and Gelato. 40 Kush plants in a 4x8. I'll start another thread if I get requests we are 1 wk into flower.

Last edited:

MJINC

Very interested to see how things go with your grow. See a lot of commercial ops that run this way but use pargro instead of the cutilene cubes and flora flex caps with octa bubbler feeders.

mushroombrew

Veteran
Very interested to see how things go with your grow. See a lot of commercial ops that run this way but use pargro instead of the cutilene cubes and flora flex caps with octa bubbler feeders.
I like those flex caps nice idea. I might give top feeding a try at least in veg. Top watering always seems to get quicker vegging at first.

MJINC

I like those flex caps nice idea. I might give top feeding a try at least in veg. Top watering always seems to get quicker vegging at first.

It's great to stop algae growing on the the cubes, it distributes out the water nicely and aerates it a bit. The floreflex stuff can get a little expensive but I actually got a sample piece of a Chinese made 6" flora flex cap clone that's only $0.60 a piece. It feels and looks like the floraflex.

mushroombrew

Veteran
It's great to stop algae growing on the the cubes, it distributes out the water nicely and aerates it a bit. The floreflex stuff can get a little expensive but I actually got a sample piece of a Chinese made 6" flora flex cap clone that's only $0.60 a piece. It feels and looks like the floraflex.

Gotta love China. I can get 4" for about 2.50 but 60cents sounds nice!
And yes algae control too. Thats the bitch about rockwool. I just use it as a starting media. But I think I'll try the caps on a 4x4 test site soon.

mushroombrew

Veteran
OK 7 days veg today. Now we should start getting some growth. In a few days will be moving other plants to flower and give these girls some room.

Used some glass blowing lenses to take a couple flower shots. Purple Cadillac at 2 wks flush.

GSC, Fire OG and Sunset Sherbert Firing 7 days into flower

I have never been much of a "bud waver" so any pic taking tips are appreciated. Also How do you get Larger pics on a post. Mine are tiny...

Last edited:

MJINC

Gotta love China. I can get 4" for about 2.50 but 60cents sounds nice!
And yes algae control too. Thats the bitch about rockwool. I just use it as a starting media. But I think I'll try the caps on a 4x4 test site soon.

Yeah that's not a bad price. Managed to get the floralfex 6" caps for the same price off a wholesaler who had more then he could sell

mushroombrew

Veteran
10 days veg. Tomorrow will be tossing the smaller clones and keeping the best 32.

Hybrids seedlings taking off

Finally Grape Ape and Purple Cadillac ready to chop

Last edited:

mushroombrew

Veteran
Keep up the good work bro...How do you like the Gelato? Is yours the PCG/Harborside cut?

The cut I have came from a Sac med grower. I had to pry it from his hands! It's a legit SF fam cut. So far it's performing like cookies just thicker stems. To early in testing to say much else.

mushroombrew

Veteran

14 days veg. They were topped as soon as they rooted. They all have 3-4+ tops. Spread them out to give them some room. Will be pruning off the undergrowth in a couple days. 7 more days to the flip.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts