What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sensi Seeds Silver Pearl

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seems like the Silver Pearl still has some friends all over the world. If some of you guys start recreating the line i'd be there for testing as it was one of my first grows around 97. My phenos had very long white hairs on golfball size buds. Taste was skunky. Smell was somewhere between vanilla ice cream and coffeebag. Turn was not too strong but a little too much uphigh for my taste. But the smell, oh yeah, i loved it.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
The best SSH was from the Greenhouse when Shantibaba still worked there. Thre stuff from 2007 I have from him is pretty similar but there are pheno's missing suggesting that neither of the companies carry the legitimate SSH. It's probably also why it's not @ Bedrocan..

Franco sent use 'free seeds' because we were adament that we couldn't find it in MNS stock and turns out the Greenhouse no longer have the same mother farther plants..

And the Amnesia I have is on par if not better then current SSH offerings..

I don't see much mystery here... both Sensi, Greenhouse and MrNice were working with Nevil's genetics and hybrids from The Seed Bank time (84-91). Ben Dronkers, Arjan or Shanti never did anything else apart from making the most of those genetics (study seedbanks/hybrid's history and you'll see) so I won't waste too much time reading their versions actually. They are a bunch of clever guys running profitable business. Nevil probably as well but at least the guy actually did some breeding and still does underground. The others just got genetics from him.

The SSH (NL#5/HazeC X Skunk/HazeC) cut that won the Cannabis cups as Jack Herer for Sensi in 94, was the same cut that Greenhouse entered later as SSH in 97 or 98. Even some years ago the same cut was presented as Amnesia. C99 and Amnesia Core cut also came from bagseeds from that same old SSH cut, so I understand why Amnesia is better than most washed out versions of JH or SSH you can find nowadays. Speak about originality anyway lol.

This JH/SSH cut was supposed to be the female parent plant of Jack Herer strain in the past, probably SSH from GHSCo as well as they won the Cannabis Cup with her but they probably lost them. Shanti lost all his good parent plants, he told that to Nevil many times. Same did Sensi and Greenhouse when dutch laws changed circa 2000 and most dutch seedbanks were raided. This is why the pre2000 cut naming was born, because after that time, the quality of dutch seeds came down the hill and never came even close to what it was during the 90s.

The funny thing is that most old cuts from Nevil are still alive and well in NL but probably Sensi, GHS or Mr Nice either didn't have access to them or they don't really give a shit, as they still sell plenty seeds and they don't care if the quality is the same or not, fans will keep buying from them. So for me it’s all about making $ and living from the fame they've earned in the past. That's how the biz is nowadays.

With dutch genetics, I'd rather try to source old F2 or good clones instead of wasting time and money with modern batches of questionable quality and legitimacy. There are good Silver Pearl, Silver Haze, Super Silver Haze, NL#5/Haze, Jack Herer and many others around. And plenty haze hybrids that may have already surpassed the quality of most of those... if they become legendary decades ago it was because they were the first haze hybrids suitable to be grown indoors and man growers were craving for those kind of plants but the scene nowadays has changed. We never had so many tropical, Haze and NLD based hybrids for the sativa heads. Maybe we should stop chasing chimeras.

Peace.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day Musta

I gave up on Shanti when he appointed Hempy and JessE as Mods .
Total lack of respect for his forum community . Lunatics running the asylum literally .

Yes the mother of SSH is still held in the Low Lands . Nevil wanted his cuts back . C5 , HPHz , Nevil`s Hz and AG13 .

I read Charlie Reefer saying the same thing .ie The Green House SSH was the best . Not the same since .

Hybrids ?
C5 x Malawi , AG13 x HPHz / Hz AC , C5 x La Nina ??

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good to know, I thought the cat piss came from doubling up on C. Do you know how the A5 blends with a skunk/Haze C? What's the progeny like? They have 2x A5hze cuttings @ MNS, i'm suprised they remember what to breed with what..

bigbadbiddy

I was under the impression that Mr Nice still held original parent plants.

For one, Shanti has claimed several times that he has clones of all parent plants not only in Switzerland but spread across several countries and continents. Also, when the raids happened in the Netherlands, I am fairly certain that MNS and Shanti were already in Switzerland working under license. If I have my history right, he did get locked up while in Switzerland when laws there changed as well but at that point it is told that he already had the backup system with clones in several countries in place.

Next the comparison grows between MNS SSH and the Greenhouse version as well as Sensi's Jack seem to conclude that MNS has the best seed stock out of them.

Either I was blinded by fanboys who will hype MNS no matter what or I was told by reputable growers that MNS is "it".

I soon will know, NL5xSkunk and Shit from MNS going to be sprouted shortly.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
@Dave

The truth is in the seed mate...
Grow out Mr Nice SSH and compare it to what Greenhouse sells as SSH or whatever they call it.
Can also compare MNS NLxHZ and Silver Haze from Greenhouse et al.

F9C309A0-DC68-45C7-BA19-FDBD49C71F2E.png

bigbadbiddy

:(

I did find side by sides (more than one) and the conclusion was always the MNS version performed best ...
Coupled with the history I was able to uncover (and hopefully didn't end up in a "wrong" version) it felt like MNS is the right place ...

Hope I didn't drink too much of the kool-aid... Sure hope that I will find good stuff in all those seeds from MNS ... But if not, I still have backups with Peakseeds, Karma and Ace. Feel like I am bound to find something worthy in all that but was really confident that MNS won't let me down.

We shall see ;)

R.A.W

:) 7 people gave a thumbs up believing that Mufflon's cut was a Sensi Seeds Silver Haze , when it's actually a selection from a pack of Mr Nice Seeds Super Silver Haze by Sensi23.
I knew this was going to happen eventually.

Last edited:

JAWS

some original's from sensi

SID VICIOUS
SILVER LOTUS * GIFT BLESSING {F1}
SILVER PEARL
SILVERELLA
SIN MINT COOKIES {F1}
SINMINT {S1} {SHORT PHENO} * BUBBA KUSH BC1
SINMINT {S1} {TALL PHENO}
SIRIUS {F1} {AKA DAWG STAR}

#3 on this list....

peace :)

xGrowy

Sensi Seeds Silver Pearl

Hey guys!

I'm wondering if anyone of you know where those old Silver Pearl (from Sensi Seeds) seeds are still for sale? I know the chance for them to germinate is not very high, but I really want the originals and would give it a try. Anyone know a Online Shop where those are in stock?:)

JetLife175

Veteran
I sold an original sensi silver pearl pack about a year or two ago for 1500 bucks to a very motivated person. Never knew what happened to those beans. I hope they popped and they found something worth preserving.

What were the smells/phenos like in this line? My old man raves about this shit like god shit it out himself. One of the strains he always mentions when reminiscing type of weed lol. It's where I got the pack from. After reading through all of this I'm kinda kicking myself in the ass for not popping em myself.

Edit: I actually remember smoking some super funky silver pearl from a clone that was kept into the late 90s now. Super potent for the time and a really hashy skunky taste. I assume the phenos would all over the place considering the pedigree.

Last edited:
This cut is still around in so-cal as of last year....one i had was very floral and cheesy smelling wish i knew at the time this was a special cut or would of continued her

Cannavore

Veteran
there's a guy making silver pearl s1's on instagram. marcusgreen hybrids. got me a 6pk of S1's and I want more.

highsteppa

Veteran
I run a silver pearl leaner I found from a selfed seed off a local silver haze. It's the bees knees outdoors- piney/floral/and a little hazy. It yields heavy buds and has great mold resistance. Out yielded everything last season.

Latest posts

Latest posts