What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

funkyhorse

Nice cross that should smoke very nicely.
I would have used the whole plant myself but I understand you are a bit cautious.

It is not about being cautious because I know perfectly well the best ganja I smoked in my life was fermented, it is about having something to get high on at the moment. I dry these buds on my Mighty vaporizer and a single capsule charge of it gets me high for 2 hours. They are far from dry yet. When this stuff is dried and cured it should be good smoke. My big question is if it ever will arrive to a month curing in the jar before I finnish it. To be fair it should be a 35 day cure in the jar to be able to compare to the banana cob. I will try my best to keep some to compare both cures

Tangwena

Veteran
It is not about being cautious because I know perfectly well the best ganja I smoked in my life was fermented, it is about having something to get high on at the moment. I dry these buds on my Mighty vaporizer and a single capsule charge of it gets me high for 2 hours. They are far from dry yet. When this stuff is dried and cured it should be good smoke. My big question is if it ever will arrive to a month curing in the jar before I finnish it. To be fair it should be a 35 day cure in the jar to be able to compare to the banana cob. I will try my best to keep some to compare both cures
Wow you need to grow more my friend.
I am about to harvest 3 plants that will give me so much bud I doubt i will ever finish them once cobbed.
I still have dozens from previous harvests all only 3 or 4 plant grows in a 1mtr x 1mtr box. I really dont ever need to grow another plant but I cant stop ha ha.
There is only one way to cure a deficit in pot.

MedBelgUsr

You're lucky to be self sufficient with the nbr of plants you can grow and your results in cobs :biggrin:, I wish I could say the same.

That's also why exploring the use of cobs could be of a bigger interest for true medical users that need to optimize the processing methods of their plants while, in each country, the medical laws finally allow enough plants to be grown per patient :thank you:

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Breaks my heart that I can't grow at home, and have to slog through bug-infested swamp just to produce what helps me sleep better at night, and is never sold to anyone.

Got a big old yard that gets lots of sun, where watering is super easy, and rich earth is in abundance, yet, I have to go through hell, just so I can avoid buying chemical tainted dirt weed from criminals.

Last year I lost my crop because someone had seen me leaving the area, and decided to set the entire forest alight when it was tinder dry. Came back to find ashes where my bud-laden trees stood the day before, almost ready to harvest. All that crap, just because I cannot plant at home.
/ Rant over

MedBelgUsr

Sorry to hear your tough times to get some relief.

I cant grow myself due to my disability, but luckilly I have 3 friends doing it for me while not being users themselves, but it's just 1m2 each and for a full spinal cord injury, that's not enough.

Laws need to change so we can meet Tangwena in real :)

Tangwena

Veteran
I feel for you guys I too know the heartache of having your hard work stolen just when your ready to harvest growing outside in the bush.
Because I chew the cob I use much less than when I smoked so an ounce lasts for ever even chewing every day.
I use between 0.1of a gram and 0.3 of a gram a day so doing the maths on a 10 or 12 ounce harvest well you see what I mean.

this lot will come down at the end of next week at 12 weeks 4 months since it was planted as seeds.
Its going to take a bit of work as I have some experiments to do in curing.
All 3 have different bud structures so lend themselves to 3 different outcomes yeeha cant wait magic is coming ha ha.

picture.php
picture.php

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I feel for you guys I too know the heartache of having your hard work stolen just when your ready to harvest growing outside in the bush.
Because I chew the cob I use much less than when I smoked so an ounce lasts for ever even chewing every day.
I use between 0.1of a gram and 0.3 of a gram a day so doing the maths on a 10 or 12 ounce harvest well you see what I mean.

this lot will come down at the end of next week at 12 weeks 4 months since it was planted as seeds.
Its going to take a bit of work as I have some experiments to do in curing.
All 3 have different bud structures so lend themselves to 3 different outcomes yeeha cant wait magic is coming ha ha.

View Image View Image
Great Work :tiphat:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Testing Cobs from November 2018

Testing Cobs from November 2018

Opening The Vacuum Packed Brick.

First small hit.
- Smells like a chunk of green/brown Indian Rope hash from 40 years ago. (Ya... I remember that).
- The shiny stuff you see is light reflecting off the surface. It's shinny like glass.
picture.php

- Heavy earthy hash flavor and smell. I'm a hash guy so I love it. Just a hint of sweet weed.
- 7/10 harshness but zero cough. Strange.
- I cut this bit off with scissors and smoked it in my hash pipe. One good toke.

20 seconds after the hit - 1st rush
- Came on me quick.
- Great giggle buzz. Stoned even.
- Dreamy.
- Heavy head.
- Euphoric.

1 1/2 minutes after
- Very clear!
- Initial rush leveled off
- Somewhat dizzy and I should be uncoordinated, but I'm not. At all.
- This is fucking great. lol. After the Honduran I picked up on Roatan, it's the best I've ever smoked, or at least very very close to it.
- God damn... it feels like the THC level is over 40% Such a small hit, and I'm flying. lol
- Getting lost listening to the Mexican (Babe Ruth), but can snap myself back to reality like flipping a switch.

30 minutes after
- Laughing and giggling at random thought.
- *Very happy feeling.
- The high has leveled off. Very smooth. Not fucked up AT ALL.
- Creativity is flowing freely. Going to attempt fixing a bug in a PHP website that's been kicking my ass off and on for about 10 months. Very intermittent piss me off issue that bites me when I least expect it.

60 minutes after
- DAMN!!! PHP Programming issue is Solved! Actually solved several in one shot! lol.
Files had a Byte Order Mark of all things. You could search forever for that without seeing it. I know. I did it.

I feel like I had a couple shots of vodka or a couple Tylenol 3s (not both at the same time thought).

2 hours after
- I'm still floating high. No crash or even a hint of coming down yet.
- Hunger just hit me. Hard. I want a donut for breakfast. And I want to eat it while playing my Gibson turned all the way up. lol
- Multitasking like a fiend. I've never had that happen. If I smoke, I'm usually a one task guy.

This could definitely be used to wean people off opioids. Seriously.
The high is *almost exactly the same minus the fucked up head, stomach, and dry mouth.

I really want to figure out a way to ferment kief/hash. That would be the MOAB.

Admittedly, I'm a serious lightweight smoker. So now I'll find a heavy smoker to test it for me and report back.

I can't believe how the cobs have crystalized.

picture.php

Like I said, that's not wet. The crystals are like glass.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Next steps:
- Make a dozen joints to hand out.
- Get this shit tested.

Tangwena, many thanks for introducing this wonderful process. Peace to you.

Tangwena

Veteran
Opening The Vacuum Packed Brick.

First small hit.
- Smells like a chunk of green/brown Indian Rope hash from 40 years ago. (Ya... I remember that).
- The shiny stuff you see is light reflecting off the surface. It's shinny like glass.
View Image
- Heavy earthy hash flavor and smell. I'm a hash guy so I love it. Just a hint of sweet weed.
- 7/10 harshness but zero cough. Strange.
- I cut this bit off with scissors and smoked it in my hash pipe. One good toke.

20 seconds after the hit - 1st rush
- Came on me quick.
- Great giggle buzz. Stoned even.
- Dreamy.
- Heavy head.
- Euphoric.

1 1/2 minutes after
- Very clear!
- Initial rush leveled off
- Somewhat dizzy and I should be uncoordinated, but I'm not. At all.
- This is fucking great. lol. After the Honduran I picked up on Roatan, it's the best I've ever smoked, or at least very very close to it.
- God damn... it feels like the THC level is over 40% Such a small hit, and I'm flying. lol
- Getting lost listening to the Mexican (Babe Ruth), but can snap myself back to reality like flipping a switch.

30 minutes after
- Laughing and giggling at random thought.
- *Very happy feeling.
- The high has leveled off. Very smooth. Not fucked up AT ALL.
- Creativity is flowing freely. Going to attempt fixing a bug in a PHP website that's been kicking my ass off and on for about 10 months. Very intermittent piss me off issue that bites me when I least expect it.

60 minutes after
- DAMN!!! PHP Programming issue is Solved! Actually solved several in one shot! lol.
Files had a Byte Order Mark of all things. You could search forever for that without seeing it. I know. I did it.

I feel like I had a couple shots of vodka or a couple Tylenol 3s (not both at the same time thought).

2 hours after
- I'm still floating high. No crash or even a hint of coming down yet.
- Hunger just hit me. Hard. I want a donut for breakfast. And I want to eat it while playing my Gibson turned all the way up. lol
- Multitasking like a fiend. I've never had that happen. If I smoke, I'm usually a one task guy.

This could definitely be used to wean people off opioids. Seriously.
The high is *almost exactly the same minus the fucked up head, stomach, and dry mouth.

I really want to figure out a way to ferment kief/hash. That would be the MOAB.

Admittedly, I'm a serious lightweight smoker. So now I'll find a heavy smoker to test it for me and report back.

I can't believe how the cobs have crystalized.

View Image

Like I said, that's not wet. The crystals are like glass.
View Image

View Image

View Image

Next steps:
- Make a dozen joints to hand out.
- Get this shit tested.

Tangwena, many thanks for introducing this wonderful process. Peace to you.
You know what when I saw the first pic of the brick and the fantastic color I thought that looks nice.
Then I saw the close ups and macro shots and thought yum thats good.
Then I read your report and knew you had scored big time brother.
thats not you being a light smoker thats you smoking good pot cured well brother.
All that wonder and clear analytical thinking is exactly what a high should be like on cobbed weed.
Depending on the strain of course i too can fix problems I just cant see the answer to on anything else.
Keep the majority sealed up and it will stay that fresh and good for years my friend.
When you have a day free to loose your mind and find a knew one chew about a quarter of a gram into dust and wash it down with a glass of water.
Then get ready to see a new world of wonder and beauty.
Lovely pics and very insightful report welcome to the cob club brother your world is about to change forever.

S

Sertaiz

yeeeeeeehaw thats a good one. that was swazi right? those pics are awesome. funny how time goes i remember that post like yesterday.

nivek

heya agin friends,, cob on

i would be so appreciative if anyone might be able to point me towards any actual 'real science' regarding the cobbing process

i have read on here a bit about the conversion of chlorophyll into sugars and a bit of other info and i would be very interested to know more

and in exchange i will provide one tiny tip that might help the odd folk,, and the not so odd as well, ha

the initial 104 degree temperature to sweat the cobs in,, this is where i get my 104 temperature for the first 24 to 48 hrs,,

picture.php

a perfect 104 and safe in some tupperware

cheers friends

nivek

I cant help maybe other scientific types can, but it has been speculated that its a bacterial process helped by the warm conditions.

ok,, thanks tang,, if you don't know of any then no one does

get this tho,, i was thinking of pursuing some actual science,, and coincidentally, not far up the road

https://flowrcorp.com/operations/canada/default.aspx

this company owned by miracle grow corp, has just opened and might be able to provide me some of the science i am after

a work in progress, indeed

MedBelgUsr

For those having positive experiences creating cobs, I have a question :

Imagine you are ready to create your cobs : you have a bunch of flowers for cobbing and some are not/less ripe than the others.

Out of your experience, do you place the less ripe flowers in the center/core of the cob, or more on the external layer ? ( so you use the most ripe flowers in the center ).

I know there's experimentation to be done but regarding ripe/not ripe flowers positioning in the cob, I guess it's better to know the way to place the buds so the fermentation/curing is the most efficient.

Tangwena

Veteran
For those having positive experiences creating cobs, I have a question :

Imagine you are ready to create your cobs : you have a bunch of flowers for cobbing and some are not/less ripe than the others.

Out of your experience, do you place the less ripe flowers in the center/core of the cob, or more on the external layer ? ( so you use the most ripe flowers in the center ).

I know there's experimentation to be done but regarding ripe/not ripe flowers positioning in the cob, I guess it's better to know the way to place the buds so the fermentation/curing is the most efficient.
I would suggest making two cobs one with mature buds and one with the less mature buds then check the different effects of both cobs once matured.
In my experience the effects can be very different in fact so different you might think they were from different strains.

MedBelgUsr

From harvesting immature flowers, I have experienced that the effect can be at the edge of being unpleasant with those ( e: paranoia ) ... should I expect such an occurance of negative effects after fermenting immature buds ?

Or, on the contrary, do you think that cobing is converting the "bad into good" ?
( I'm not a believer by any stretch, but writing that made me feel like a prophet
wink.gif
)

If the effect is different, I dont care ( and I am curious )

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
From harvesting immature flowers, I have experienced that the effect can be at the edge of being unpleasant with those ( e: paranoia ) ... should I expect such an occurance of negative effects after fermenting immature buds ?

Or, on the contrary, do you think that cobing is converting the "bad into good" ?
( I'm not a believer by any stretch, but writing that made me feel like a prophet View Image)

If the effect is different, I dont care ( and I am curious )
I also dont like edgy or nervous pot. I prefer spaced out trippy types the cob curing def takes off the nervous edgy feeling mostly the nervous edgy feeling comes from the strain IMO.

Latest posts

Latest posts