What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2013 Holiday Cooking Contest...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALB3RT

Turkish Delight Baklava

Turkish Delight Baklava

Turkish Delight baklava

Required Products:
  • pastry pastry - 500 g
  • eggs - 4.
  • Turkish Delight (pink) - 300 g
  • walnuts (chopped) - 1 cup
  • flour - 6 tablespoons
  • oil - 1/2 cup
  • sugar - 1/2 cup
  • baking powder - 1 pc.

Syrup:
  • sugar - 3 cups
  • Water - 3 cup
  • vanilla - 3-4 pc.

Preparation of Turkish Delight baklava

Stirring the Sugar, oil , eggs and flour /pre mixed with baking powder/ . Cut the Turkish delight on pieces. Take 2 sheets of pastry and between smear them with butter.

Arrange some chopped Turkish delight, then part of the nuts to them and the rest spread with 2 tablespoons mixture with eggs. Then curl them . Follow the same sequence until the peels .

Arrange them in a suitable pan and bake until ready. Once the baklava cool down, cut it into pieces and pour the syrup. Recomend: The baklava have to stand at least 10 hours before consumption , because than it will be the most delicious and juicy .

bigherb

Veteran
Im not a Fancy type cook but my grub will stick to ya Ribs .Simple but to the point Christmas Roast recipe my tradition

Prime Rib Roast boned an tied back 12 pounder

25 Garlic Cloves approx
palm full of fresh rosemary
palm full fresh thyme
Bertolli olive oil

All in a Food processor to make a paste/wet marinade .I marinade for 2 full days .Before cookin i make sure the roast comes to room temperature an before puttin in the oven i hit it with some EVOO an salt an pepper liberally

Base for my gravy

1 large onion thinly sliced
10 garlic cloves halved
few sprigs branches of fresh thyme
EVOO
Salt/pepper

place roast in the middle of the mix soo the onion an garlic can roast an add depth to the gravy ,Cook at 500 degrees 30mins

Than add about half cup of a nice valpolicella wine
an scrape bits on the bottom of the roasting pan now add about a cup of beef broth than cook at 325 degrees 2 hours an 20 mins .About 15 mins a pound for medium

Make sure you let it rest about a half hour

This was just the main course ,Last pic was the main course with sides of Shrimp Risotto an cardone .We also had breaded cauliflower

1luvbigherb

Attachments

• photoMA28115125-0002.jpg
    photoMA28115125-0002.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 48
  • photoMA28115122-0001.jpg
    photoMA28115122-0001.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 45
  • photoMA28115129-0004.jpg
    photoMA28115129-0004.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 41
  • photoMA28115127-0003.jpg
    photoMA28115127-0003.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 48
  • photoMA28115143-0005.jpg
    photoMA28115143-0005.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

bigherb

Veteran
Lasanga

Sauce

Evoo
half large onion
10 garlic cloves
1 can tuttorosso

Evoo to wet the pot sautee onion garlic both finely chopped ,I add abit of fresh parsely an basil finely chopped i like using scissors for herbs .I let it get golden an add my tomato sauce .Than i add a lil more fresh basil ( dont tell nobody ) salt pepper to taste and a drop of red wine the red wine is a secret too

For meatballs if i tell you i gotta kill ya :biggrin:

Lasanga sheets
Ricotta
Mozzarella
Grated cheese
meatballs

Build your lasanga

sauce your pan first, Than layer of pasta an sauce on top of that .Next meatballs they must be crushed by hand my Momma says .Scoop your ricotta around an add the shredded Mozz an sprinkle some nice grated cheese (i like locatelli ).Repeat process ,Build it as high as you can probably 3- 4 layers

Cover wit foil bake at 375 for about 40 mins an uncover an cook another 15-20 mins to get a nice crust

Risotto

Aborio rice
White wine
1/4 pound pancetta
garlic /onion
thyme
2 pound of large shrimp
Seafood stock

Warm up stock on back burner

first i add a drop of Evoo than crips of thick cut pancetta let the fat render after crips i put to the side,add alil more evoo.
Add finely diced garlic an onion an lil thyme carmelize it , than add your rice to toast/coat in that pancetta fat an wonderful flavors were building

After about 5 mins add your white wine about a cup ,let the rice absorb the liquid but remember to stir often an before it gets dry add the stock do soo until rice gets soft just repeat the process stirring often not to stick an not let it go completely dry

It will release its starch an thicken the risotto as it cook it softens aswell .Before done i add the shrimp right in the risotto as i think the juice from the shrimp imparts great flavor than i take off the heat an add in grated cheese

The pancetta is on the side crumble you can leave it on the table an let family add if they wish

The Fried cardone recipe speaks for itself in the pics ,Simple Fresh ingredients done right .If your not familiar the taste is almost exact to an artichoke heart ,who dont like artichokes lol

1luvbigherb

Attachments

• photoMA28115166-0009.jpg
    photoMA28115166-0009.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 47
  • photoMA28115164-0008.jpg
    photoMA28115164-0008.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 46
  • photoMA28115162-0007.jpg
    photoMA28115162-0007.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 46
  • photoMA28115160-0006.jpg
    photoMA28115160-0006.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 50
  • photoMA28115168-0010.jpg
    photoMA28115168-0010.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 51

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
now taking LAST entries..... will close on Sunday 5/1/2014....
polls { for each of the 2 categories } to follow on Monday the 6th..........

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Great food! Nice pics! Going to be a nice article in the NEXT Cannagraphic!

10 Years Old we are!!!

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
Three Rib Eye Steaks in a vacuum chamber.

gauge reads 27 inches of vacuum, the Marinade has started to boil at room temperature under the extreme condition.
Steaks will swell almost one 1/4 to 1/3 larger than original atmospheric pressure and water in the steak becomes vapor.
When the pressure is released slowly the marinade fills the now swollen steaks replacing the water that has since boiled off.
All at room temperature, and done with a Cole Parmar single stage 6cfm Vacuum pump and a cooking pot from Korea, liquid filled gauge and double ss ball valves with a large made to order Silicon gasket.
This is hands down the fastest most complete way to marinade your expensive steaks.

I will update you on the flavor of my extreme marinade project.

Peace

In the pics checkout the marinade bubbling,

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
thread closed..... thank U to all entries.... poll's for the winners to follow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts