What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Questions on cbd extraction...

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
So i finally grew some high cbd strains and want to make some oil. Can i make it like the Phoenix tears recipe with 99.9% iso, the rice cooker n coffee mug warmer method? Or does it not extract the same as thc? Also, does cbd need to be decarbolated like thc? Im pretty sure the rice cooker takes care of that but jua wondering... Thanks!

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
1. Reduce cannabis in food grade bucket with dry-ice chunks (similar to making dry-ice hah)
2. Purchase ethanol instead of iso, since now you need 3 times less alcohol. ;)
3. Enjoy clean medicine. :D

(edit: I don't know about others, I decarb my oils the same way regardless of CBD content)

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Fasho, I was only refering to the dry ice extraction before hand, I prolly would use ethanol off top if I could get it in cali with a higher proof. Not trying to drive to reno tho, might swoop some up if I happen to be there the holidays.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
You can pick up organic, 200 proof ethanol from Amazon and other places. Shop around. ;) You'll appreciate the cleaner extraction without the water content from everclear. Definitely not cheap, just excellent.