What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto flowering Male Super Lemon Haze

gladysvjubb

Veteran
I've got some plants on 24/7, taking cuttings to save for when I switch them to 12/12. I want to find the males and cull them out. I just discovered a male auto flower in my plants under 24/7. I have some auto flowering female plants under 24/7. If I take the pollen from this auto male and pollinate a couple of my auto females will I get auto female seeds????

St. Phatty

I've got some plants on 24/7, taking cuttings to save for when I switch them to 12/12. I want to find the males and cull them out. I just discovered a male auto flower in my plants under 24/7. I have some auto flowering female plants under 24/7. If I take the pollen from this auto male and pollinate a couple of my auto females will I get auto female seeds????

Probably.

Auto plants have some Ruderalis in them.

Never figured out how to keep a clone mother of them.

In case one of your Female auto's is SUPER, it might come in real handy to have some seeds of her.

I would expect genetic variance in the seeds, male and female.

Raho

Veteran

These are probably not true "autoflower" plants.
Let me guess: you are growing the plants in small to medium sized containers indoors, and they didn't start to show sex until they reached a pretty good size.
Hazes and other equatorial sativas tend to dislike being rootbound.
They respond to this condition as if it were a threat and start throwing flowers as a survival mechanism to produce seeds and ensure survival.
If allowed to continue growing in this mode, you would find these flowers do not develop into dense fully formed (male or female) colas, but rather continue to throw out small clusters of flowers at the nodes as growth continues to stretch. If you throw them into 12:12 in this mode without trimming, there's a good chance you will not get dense flower clusters you are used to.

There are a few ways to deal with this:

• Aggressive pruning: Reduce the amount of above ground growth relative to the root mass below. This will buy you a bit of time until the above ground growth again exceeds what the available root mass is comfortable servicing.
  • Up-pot: Transplant to a bigger pot.
In either of these options, you should probably trim the rootball back with a sharp serrated knife.

Again, this is not uncommon in tropical sativas.

If you cross an "auto" male with an "auto" female, you will not get "female" seeds, you will get a mix of male and female seeds that produce some plants with the "auto" trait.

Again, I don't believe you have found a bunch of plants that are "autos" in a batch of regular lemon haze seeds. I believe you are seeing sensitivity to root restriction.
That sensitivity will likely be passed on to the majority of the F2 offspring.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
will I get auto female seeds????
You will not get "Feminized" seeds. No.

(Edit: HotShot No Pest strips? Really? Molasses the last 2 weeks of flowering? Ouch. :nono:) Love the old blinds trick for plant markers, greatly appreciated. <--- Diplomacy Fail. :(

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
P1 Photo x P1 Auto = F1 photo(recessive auto)
F1 photo x f1 photo = F2 75% photo, 25% Auto
F2 Auto x F2 Auto = F3 100% Auto