What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Renting out multiple houses? How?

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good understanding agent or fill em up with family and friends but that could be a problem further down the line,,,,s2

equiqed

How does one pay multiple electric bills? I know you can pay in cash at multiple places in Los angeles but wouldn't they still see the account personal information like SSN, name, etc? How does one get around that without having to involve other people? I know a agent so that's not a problem but I just can't figure out how people pay multiple (3-5) locations utility bills in cash without getting into fraud ( I don't want to do that)

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
It should be OK, as I would imagine that there are landlords out there who pay utilities or include it in the rent. I would guess there may be several people in each area that own multiple houses. In a small area well, no one may be fooled...

As for installing people, you better know them well, and understand how they react under stress. Most people are very dramatic when it comes to pot/ unless they are NOT ROOKIES>

One option - handle the growing yourself, let someone live there, LOCK the area that the growing is going on in. Problem may be if there is an emergency, only YOU would be able to access the room(s).

Easy7

Veteran
I have been reading cannabis forums for nearly 20 years. Cannot say strongly enough how many times someone has torn down grows from renting. Land lords can give a 48 hour notice to inspect. ZERO notice in emergencies. Updating the house for a grow is 99% of the time a no no. Renting and growing is hard, even with tiny grows. Only takes one problem to get a felony and then you're a bum the rest of your life.

OldSSSCGuy

Ever wonder why there are so many house flippers? All 'own' the house through an LLC, all flip over the house in 3-4 months...

Hmmm....

St. Phatty

I have been reading cannabis forums for nearly 20 years. Cannot say strongly enough how many times someone has torn down grows from renting. Land lords can give a 48 hour notice to inspect. ZERO notice in emergencies. Updating the house for a grow is 99% of the time a no no. Renting and growing is hard, even with tiny grows. Only takes one problem to get a felony and then you're a bum the rest of your life.

I got real lucky once.

Had a plastic sheet to hide the light from a grow, in a 2nd bedroom.

Moisture condensed on the sheet, dripped on the floor - and was then dripping into the apartment below.

So then the landlord is knocking on my door to see if I left something running or something.

I answered no.

I guess it wasn't bad enough for them to give me the notice. But it could have gone in a different direction.

It was a legal grow, but sometimes that fact gets ignorred in those kinds of situations.

I think I then very quickly replaced the plastic with some cloth.

But it's almost surprising, that small amount of condensation on a big plastic sheet almost turned the situation sideways.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
You can pull it off in tents easily. Just be sure you have adequate electricity and you have your HVAC set up correctly. Too much moisture will cause problems. Portable AC and dehumidifiers are a must.

-Funk

I got real lucky once.

Had a plastic sheet to hide the light from a grow, in a 2nd bedroom.

Moisture condensed on the sheet, dripped on the floor - and was then dripping into the apartment below.

So then the landlord is knocking on my door to see if I left something running or something.

I answered no.

I guess it wasn't bad enough for them to give me the notice. But it could have gone in a different direction.

It was a legal grow, but sometimes that fact gets ignorred in those kinds of situations.

I think I then very quickly replaced the plastic with some cloth.

But it's almost surprising, that small amount of condensation on a big plastic sheet almost turned the situation sideways.

Sounds delicious. The more people talk on the internet the less i trust any of there advice lol

Latest posts

Latest posts