What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ionic grow and bloom experience

Greenthumber

I originally posted this in the hydro section being I was asking about this nute line for a flood and drain setup but figured it should probably be posted here

From what I've read and understand ionic is a pretty stable ph nute for hydroponics just looking for anyone's input on their use of the product in flood and drain? Would this formula still need calcium and magnesium additives using straight tap water? I originally was going to go with house and garden lineup but for the price and simplicity of the ionic being a 1 part base for veg and grow and ph stability I'm going back and forth, what's your thoughts? Thanks in advance

eric2028

Veteran
I ran ionic for almost 7 years before switching to jacks. I've used promix and coco. Needed cal/mag with coco. It's good stable stuff.

Greenthumber

Thanks man I really like the house and garden lineup a good buddy of mine uses it and love the results but for the price and simplicity over the 9 or 10 parts that h and g has I'm really considering ionic, I'm guessing I'll still need to supplement calmag but running tap water im considering the hard water line of ionic my son Ppm pen has arrived I just gotta test the water and see what my tap ppm is at

tiffa

Turned out ok?....The best of the best more like.
Hi Greenthumb ..ive just ordered 60 litres of the stuff, I get gram per watt with it. it contains Humic and Fulvic acids and is the best nute I've used. My tap water is .75 SHITE and tried the hard water stuff once but i realized is isn't needed, just the normal stuff needed....I dunno what more proof you want! haha ;-)