What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Clones in rockwool cubes going to hydroton E&F system question....

dlcain

Hey all,
Had a question. I'm will be running an Ebb and Flow system in a tray with individual pots containing Hydroton. My clones come in 1.5" rockwool cubes. Do I just stick the cube in the hydroton or try to peel away some of the rockwool before sticking in the hydroton?

I may be over thinking it but I know rockwool holds water better than hydroton, when I get to the stage where roots have grown out of the rockwool I'll still have a block of rockwool holding water at the base of the plant. If I have a watering schedule for the hydroton, will that block stay saturated and cause rot problems?

F

FreeUrMind

Hi dlcain no don't break rockwool just transplant when roots coming out cube and place in pots all at Same depth when you flood your water level should just touch bottom of cube that's it easy...

I run the same system 16 x 200mm net pots of hydroton.all the best with your grow

Nico Farmer

Hi

During many years, I made clones in rockwool cubes then transplant them in hydroton.
But I always recover rockwool, like you could do with soil, because it s not a good things to have as you said, a block of rockwool holding water as the base of the plant.

Greetings

dlcain

Mind sharing your watering schedule?

Thx,
-d

Hi dlcain no don't break rockwool just transplant when roots coming out cube and place in pots all at Same depth when you flood your water level should just touch bottom of cube that's it easy...

I run the same system 16 x 200mm net pots of hydroton.all the best with your grow