What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why bother keeping mother plants?

St. Phatty

Picture of clone reverting or attempting to revert to veg -
attachment.php

Clone Dying Probably
attachment.php

Whole Plant Pic
attachment.php

The clones are in a mixture similar to Foxfarm Salamander.

Sort of like Ocean Forest with some mixers (sand) for drainage etc.

They've been under 24 hour lighting for about 2 months. The one clone looks like she's going to make it. The other, not.

Anyway, this reversion from flowering to veg can be hard on a plant.

Better to take the clones within the first week of flowering, which I did. The Cannabis Cat may have knocked it off the window-sill.

A few of the clones I took, I don't know if I want it. e.g. an Apollo 11 F3 that is good medicine but not the best example of the plant. She is on the window-sill now.

One thing I have found is, you'll be manicuring a finished plant and have a chance to smoke it un-cured, and that's when you really know if you want to keep a mother.

Attachments

• IMG_20170820_071630_bayd.jpg
    IMG_20170820_071630_bayd.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20170820_071623_bayd.jpg
    IMG_20170820_071623_bayd.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20170818_074038_+__bayd.jpg
    IMG_20170818_074038_+__bayd.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 8

mushroombrew

Veteran
Those clones are fine. Reveg always looks kinda shitty lol! Careful not to over water. Put any light on 24hrs. They are not dead yet. Just need lots of light to snap them out of flower. Appollo revegs just fine!

jidoka

Bullshit. Hormones. Epigenetics. Totally sloppy management practices. Fuckin stoner mentality. Pathetic period.

mushroombrew

Veteran
Bullshit. Hormones. Epigenetics. Totally sloppy management practices. Fuckin stoner mentality. Pathetic period.

Why is it pathetic for him to reveg a plant he didnt clone? I have seen dozens of growers do so.
Not a solid practice more a last resort.

M

moose eater

Why is it pathetic for him to reveg a plant he didnt clone? I have seen dozens of growers do so.
Not a solid practice more a last resort.

Years ago, I re-vegged numerous times, before I cloned anything. It often worked quite well, provided the plants were treated like infants or the elderly; no large 'meals' or excess hydration.. Kept several choice plants going that way back then.

mushroombrew

Veteran
I had a great Thai hybrid on the Big Island. I shit you not it would reveg post harvest in 7-10days. We nick named her the "hedge"
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=5416

The first round was 8zips in that black grow bag. Look at the reveg pic!! I put her in the ground, put a light on her outside. Second round was harvest was 36 oz. I left a qp "on the vine" so she wouldn't die and put the light on again. Well she revegfed a second damn time!! Crazy!
The shitty part is the second harvest left thick stem sections open. In hind sight I should have tarred or waxed the open ends. Stem borers got her about a month into the second reveg.

St. Phatty

I had a great Thai hybrid on the Big Island. I shit you not it would reveg post harvest in 7-10days. We nick named her the "hedge"
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=5416

So sometimes Cannabis can grow like a Perennial plant, it sounds like.

I still haven't killed the 2 plants I've harvested so far. I left 2 branches on buds with one because they have seeds. (Green Crack x Critical OG).

However, after seed production, I don't think that plant will have much left.

The other is an Apollo F3 that I prefer to let her tell me if it's time to go.

Latest posts

Latest posts